Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I love salad. I have it most nights for or with dinner, and I make a large garbanzo bean salad every Sunday to take to work for lunch during the week. The version I make just happens to be vegan (and ultra-healthy), but you can always modify however you'd like.

Garbanzo beans
Cucumber
Celery
Radish
Corn
Red onion
Serrano pepper
Carrot
Cilantro

I season simply with salt and use plain red wine vinegar as a dressing, since I loving love vinegar and don't feel the need for anything else.

Lunch salad aside, I myself am a leaf man. My favorite would be a spring mix, but I also love using fresh spinach since it's great as a salad green (just don't let it sit too long after you've dressed it or it'll get wilty quickly), and you can cook whatever spinach you have left over.

Also, if you love hot sauce and you love vinegar, try using Trader Joe's Green Dragon hot sauce as a salad dressing. It's not too hot, and I've found it works exceedingly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread