Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
tell me this isnt the coolest fish you have ever seen

i just noticed, he's actually saying "ssh"

also i posted this using SSH's socks5 proxy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

JewKiller 3000 posted:

ssh is fuckin great, but i got some complaints about scp:
- if i say "scp localdir remote:location", scp will log in to the remote machine before erroring out and telling me that localdir is a directory, not a file
- then i try "scp -R localdir remote:location", which fails because scp uses -r, even though cp uses -R. there's no other meaning for -R in scp, it just doesn't work
- if i accidentally type "scp localfile remotehost" and forget a colon at the end, it just silently does a regular local copy with that filename, because i guess that's something i might ever want scp to do?

i regularly rsync single files

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Helianthus Annuus posted:

i regularly rsync single files

:goonsay:

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
if you're one of these chucklefucks who sets an ssh port other than 22, you probably already know this, but...

ssh uses -p to specify a different port
scp uses -P to specify a different port

why not the same? gently caress you thats why

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
just mount sshfs then dragon-drop in the gui

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
*tries setting a custom ssh port for extra security*

*gets cokc blocked by selinux / apparmor*

*disables selinux and takes the rest of the day off*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
lol if you badmins are for real about turning off selinux and setting ssh port to 42069, heres a freebie

code:
semanage port -a -t ssh_port_t -p tcp 42069

• Locked thread