Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Why is this fight so hyped?

Because sometimes you want to watch Rocky Balboa take on Hulk Hogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Because it's breath taking ly retarded

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

Because it's breath taking ly retarded

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The better question is who wouldn't be hyped for Miguel "Miguel Cotto" Cotto's big night?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Whenever Conor is not on screen, people should be asking "Where's Conor?"

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Boxing fans should be thanking donor for getting people interested in boxing, instead they cry and whine

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So is Sinead O'Connor gonna serenade his walkout or what?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

This makes me feel better about betting draw

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Connor is the latest Great White Hype.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

If I had to train McGregor to fight Mayweather I would train him to fight like Marcos Maidana. Just come at the dude with no respect for his power, smother him and unload. Just watched the Mayweather Maidana I fight which is probably the closest Mayweather has come to losing a fight in the last 10 years, scored it 7-5 Mayweather this time.

Conor will gas after one round if he tries to fight like Maidana.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Because of the spectacle of the greatest boxer in modern history, who announced his retirement a little while ago, crossing over and fighting someone from another sport: Floyd Mayweather Jr

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

because a loudmouth who knocks out little people is going to knock out a little person.

Cotto is not a little person.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The key to the fight will be the Clinch. If Money can get Conor in the clinch, he'll have time to take out his dog-eared copy of Clifford the Red Dog Goes To the Circus. He'll score major points against the Written Word.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vladimir Putin posted:

Cotto is not a little person.

No but Chad Mendes, Jose Aldo, Dennis Siver, etc all are bigger than Floyd and all classify as little people. McGregor made a name for himself bullying guys he was 20 lbs bigger than and he's gonna beat up an old guy tonight.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

No but Chad Mendes, Jose Aldo, Dennis Siver, etc all are bigger than Floyd and all classify as little people. McGregor made a name for himself bullying guys he was 20 lbs bigger than and he's gonna beat up an old guy tonight.

He's not

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Live the dream, man. Ignorance is blissful.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

I always think about Pacquiao Margarito where Pac had to jump up to punch Margarito's head. He delivered such a beating on Margarito that Pac was asking the ref to stop the fight in the 10th. Margarito got sent to the hospital and his eye was permanently damaged.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vladimir Putin posted:

I always think about Pacquiao Margarito where Pac had to jump up to punch Margarito's head. He delivered such a beating on Margarito that Pac was asking the ref to stop the fight in the 10th. Margarito got sent to the hospital and his eye was permanently damaged.

James te Huna vs. Nate Marquardt and Benson Henderson vs Brandon Thatch are both good MMA examples of much smaller guys beating up bigger ones.

Conor, though, has never lost to anyone smaller than him and has brutally bullied all the little people he's ever fought.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Mr. Nice! posted:

James te Huna vs. Nate Marquardt and Benson Henderson vs Brandon Thatch are both good MMA examples of much smaller guys beating up bigger ones.

Conor, though, has never lost to anyone smaller than him and has brutally bullied all the little people he's ever fought.

floyd is better at boxing than those people imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

thehappyprince posted:

floyd is better at boxing than those people imo

yeah, but he's still gonna get knocked out.

Just go full kevan with it. It's fun. Give into the dream.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

that would require mma fans to have object permanence

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Two years off for Floyd, that's a lot of years. Twice as many as one year, which is already a lot of time.

sum posted:

:lol:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Dipshits at work are now loudly talking about this and I understand why everyone is so salty about this fight now

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What order is the main event in? Is mcgregor/mayweather the last fight or second to last fight? I guess these fights will go until like fuckin 2 am.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It'll be the last fight, expect an 11pm E / 8pm P earliest for the main event to start.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

empty whippet box posted:

What order is the main event in? Is mcgregor/mayweather the last fight or second to last fight? I guess these fights will go until like fuckin 2 am.

the floyd fight will be last. (the cotto one is the headliner on a different card on a different channel)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope everyone who watches this live feels bad especially if they paid for it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Gay Horney posted:

Dipshits at work are now loudly talking about this and I understand why everyone is so salty about this fight now

Same, everyone at my work right now is offering their own blistering hot takes on what's gonna happen and I'm fairly certain they don't follow combat sports in the slightest outside of this fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Eat my dick

cams
Mar 28, 2003

punchsports fans getting super defensive about the sanctity of their dumb sport is my favorite part of the carny sports. first it was the mma folks, now it is the boxing folks.

no wrestling fans going "aw man floyd mayweather boxing the big show? this is a disgrace"

all punchsports are carny poo poo

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

sum posted:

:golfclap:

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

Jose posted:

I also felt this way about people that played Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games... if you liked that game, gently caress OFF

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Triticum Guzzler posted:

like if you've ever joked about the overt homoeroticism of mma but not seen a mayweather fight by the end of the first round you're going to become acutely aware that at any moment leonard ellerbe could lose control and start jacking off floyd in the ring

Lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't wait to go to bed early tonight, wake up tomorrow and look at my phone for notifications of "Mayweather gets decision in most boring fight ever." and be happy about my decisions.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
GSP just ran up on the prefight show and is gushing over Sugar Ray Leonard.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

conor had a boner at the weigh ins and it touched floyds weiner, good stuff

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cyber Dog posted:

conor had a boner at the weigh ins and it touched floyds weiner, good stuff

yer i've already watched two ~25min videos about how that asserts dominance and that conor will definitely win

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Just finished watching http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116448/combined in prep for tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

Lol just lol if you don't have a hacked version of the UFC app on your iPhone/iPad.

• Locked thread