Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lunethex posted:

Separate Ways - Chapter 1 [Polsy]

Ada arrives at the village only a few minutes ahead of Leon. Her mission: remain unnoticed, and stay very classy.

Of course it's the best shotgun. It's the kind of shotgun Duke Nukem prefers :pseudo:

Also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just for that I curse you! I curse you and everyone else to videos where two total nerds argue about stupid poo poo while a third nerd becomes exasperated for the rest of this LP.

for the rest of all of the LPs you three ever do, more like it

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just for that I curse you! I curse you and everyone else to videos where two total nerds argue about stupid poo poo while a third nerd becomes exasperated for the rest of this LP.

That's a pretty powerful curse considering it's retroactive.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Psion posted:

for the rest of all of the LPs you three ever do, more like it

White Coke posted:

To be fair for a while there it was two nerds arguing, one nerd not paying attention to what was going on, and then the exasperated nerd.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

White Coke posted:

isn't it? roboky's curses are so powerful they warp time and space themselves.

just like his internet warps and distorts multiplayer games. some of the times back in Fall of Cybertron :allears:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Psion posted:

isn't it? roboky's curses are so powerful they warp time and space themselves.

just like his internet warps and distorts multiplayer games. some of the times back in Fall of Cybertron :allears:

It's impossible to stop him, he's a day ahead of us and knows everything we'll do before we do.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I didn't know Australians knew the future. I thought that was the British.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

bman in 2288 posted:

The British can go both ways. Aussies can only look forward.

Why else would Mad Max be made?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Because it's loving awesome?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Separate Ways - Chapter 2 [Polsy]

Ada treks across the entire village in this update and Roboky subliminally kills me.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Gonna need to hear an uncut version of the Merchant's studder death.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79DvgFpArXlMTFzemFmeW83OVk

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is Luis's friend someone from a previous game, like Birkin?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Yesssssssssssss

Thanks Lune! May your First Aid Sprays forever spin in your inventory.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bman in 2288 posted:

Australians are semi-mindless creatures capable of what seems like great prognostication but is in fact just an inability to discern the real from the hallucinations brought on by spider bites and drinking wine that comes in bags

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Thanks for doing this LP, and the Res Evil 6 LP! I've had a great time watching them.

I even got inspired to try and finish Res4, and I finally beat it for the first time last night.

Lessons learned:
* there is never enough magnum ammo
* now I understand why the TMP is awesome, thanks Lunethex!
* keep moving
* practice safe suplexing
* Krauser and knife-fighting him can take a long walk off a short pier - I had to rewatch the video to learn how to properly knife him for the final piece

Weird AI behavior - I know the ugly thing you fight after trying to drop it into the crevasse (you rocket-launched it) is supposed to run around and go underground and otherwise be super-obnoxious. I didn't run after the video and shot it with the magnum until I ran out of ammo and had to shoot it with the shotgun, and it died without ever moving. A quirk when playing on Normal difficulty?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

For those interested the game is currently on sale on Steam for five dollars. I just bought it.

This was the fourth time I purchased RE4 :haw:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
After seeing all the shenanigans in this LP, I think I've found a game that Lunethex will have to play once it comes out.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Separate Ways - Chapter 3 [Polsy]

Ada gives herself a challenge and runs back through Salazar's maze because she's lacking creativity right now. On the other hand, the merchant doles out a brand new weapon to help even the odds.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The first time I used the crossbow I had not examined it, or the bolts, prior to using it. I figured it was the equivalent to Leon's magnum (because I had always ignored the mine thrower) so I after the Garrador dropped down in the cage I decided to give it a whirl. A simultaneous pleasant and unpleasant surprise.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder why they even dropped in money if there isn't going to be anything to spend it on. Did they not want to give Ada a rocket launcher animation?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Separate Ways - Chapter 4 [Polsy]

This is the video i was referencing near the end of the video. It still owns. 1:26 is by far the best thing I've seen in months. Far Cry 2 Reversed Healing Animations

Ada has to help Leon. Again. Because he can't win his own fights. Features some nice music in this level, but not for long. This chapter also makes Ada seem a way badder badass than Leon somehow.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 3, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Send a bunch of zombies as an invasion force" just makes sense. I mean, they're weapons, right?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Can you fix the link? It's a bit hard to search when I'm on mobile.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Glazius posted:

"Send a bunch of zombies as an invasion force" just makes sense. I mean, they're weapons, right?

the actual zombies were originally more of a byproduct of the T-virus more than anything IIRC. Umbrella wanted more Tyrants and Hunters

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

There seems to be something wrong with their bloody ships today...

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I always wondered if the island was owned by The Merchant and Saddler took it over and that's why he got the battleship and other military hardware.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Has anyone mentioned that Coolguy sounds like Ron Funchess when he giggles?

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 3, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
who the hell is that

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
A comedian that was on At Mightnight for a long time, great funny guy, but for a big black dude he giggles like elmo.

https://youtu.be/--NKQEHcmMQ?t=113 quick youtube search and 2 minutes of effort to find when he giggles.

Also occurs to me that I think Elmo is in fact voiced by a big black dude.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy gently caress

i totally do

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm not one to judge how people laugh. I mean, my friends tell me I laugh like a crazy mad scientist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i don't really take any judgement from any of that, i just think the similarity is hysterical

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

I'm not one to judge how people laugh. I mean, my friends tell me I laugh like a crazy mad scientist.

Yeah, I don't judge anyone's laugh. I rank them.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Coolguye posted:

i don't really take any judgement from any of that, i just think the similarity is hysterical

Yeah, no judgement, just that coolguye's laugh sounds a lot like this other guys laugh even though their normal speaking voices are nothing alike.

Also Ron Funches is funnier.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Lunethex posted:

Separate Ways - Chapter 2 [Polsy]

Ada treks across the entire village in this update and Roboky subliminally kills me.

I got your Mongo reference, coolguy.

I got it.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

White Coke posted:

Is Luis's friend someone from a previous game, like Birkin?

I'm guessing it was the Umbrella scientist all the way back in the first game that thought Ada was his girlfriend, to whom she was getting close to get access to Umbrella secrets in Raccoon City. The one who wound up dead in the labs (like pretty much everyone else). Makes sense she'd still have access to anyone trying to reach him by correspondence, having not heard he was dead? He and Luis are both biological scientists, about the same age, I think, the only one I can think of that Ada'd have a personal connection to...

Just a guess, though, otherwise it's just "some guy", I guess.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 4, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I got your Mongo reference, coolguy.

I got it.

:D

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Separate Ways - Chapter 5 [Polsy]

THAT'S A WRAP

I THINK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Soap posted:

Yeah, little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, gently caress-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. poo poo 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

• Locked thread