Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Trick Question posted:

I forget, can you buy grenades in this one?

I was going to say that you don't need to because the game gives you more than you'd ever need, but I can't remember if that's true for Professional mode.

Omnicrom posted:

You can't buy ammo either.

I definitely remember ammo being scarce in Pro mode though, but that's more because I don't knife dudes to death nearly as many times as Lunethex apparently does rather than the game being stingy with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lunethex posted:

Every version of the game has different handling of ammo drops and the rules change subtly. The only change ever talked about was the moving of certain items to other locations. I remember when I played on the PS3 version all the ammo on Normal was non-existent. Drops that should have been 10 or 15 were 5 and 10 respectively. It's one thing that deserves to be talked about but I don't think anybody has all the details on all the versions.

Yeah I own the GC, Wii, and XBL versions but the only one I really remember is the GC version because I played it to death.

I don't recall any of those being very different though, aside from the Wii version being trivialized because of the controls. Maybe that one had less ammo to compensate for that? That's unlikely though because it still had GameCube controller support (which I used for every subsequent playthrough after beating it once with the wagglestick because it's the only way to play :colbert:)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Edmond Dantes posted:

It is for me. This is probably the game I've replayed the most in my life right after Chrono Trigger.

I have RE4 for the GC, PS2, PS3, and PC. :<

I'm actually kind of pissed at myself for missing it in the Capcom sale last weekend. $4.99 for a game I already bought three times before? Bargain!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I missed them all. God drat it :negative:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Section Z posted:

The best part of the fully upgraded Striker shotgun is "100 ammo capacity! Think of how many boxes I don't have to sort anymore-I mean, the tactical value of not reloading in battle" as the ultimate endgame reward.

One day, I will stick with the the other shotguns. One day. Maybe.

I never picked anything but the Riot Gun. I just love that quick aiming and narrow cone so much more than all that ammo.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

It's like how in Doom and Quake the standard shotguns are more effective at longer ranges than their double barrel counterparts, despite the DBs firing double (actually slightly more than double in both games) the amount of shot. You only get the full potential of those weapons if the enemies are in your face or if there happens to be swarms of them at range because the spread is so much higher.

I remember buying the Striker when it first became available in the sewer and noticing most of the buckshot struck the goddamn walls when trying to shoot Verdugo. I immediately reloaded my save because screw that bullshit. Seriously just fire it down an empty corridor and see how many wall strikes you see from that thing it's ridiculous.

Striker sucks and it always sucked :colbert:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Also what's a shady Australian arms dealer even doing in rural Spain?

I guess we learn later that there's a huge military base not far from there so maybe he's just heading there on foot, sustaining himself with money made by selling and upgrading guns and briefcases to American action hero hotshots.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

VolticSurge posted:

Or he's selling all this poo poo to Leon because the cat knows that Leon is gonna stir up poo poo, causing the evil cult to buy weapons and poo poo from him in bulk to deal with Leon, thus driving the war economy further. Which means more money in his pockets. He's basically a Metal Gear villain.

That makes more sense considering he probably ends up at a net loss from buying jewels and antique beer mugs.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Glazius posted:

Pretty sure you'd have to triple-green eventually. How much health does that poo poo restore, anyway?

It's a full heal.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Regarding the decapitation upskirt story I can kind of believe it because I think she's programmed to react based on where Leon's eyes are pointing. It's happened to me countless times while suplexing dudes with her standing behind Leon.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Apparently the dialect or accent the people speak in this game is extremely Mexican/Central American and sounds super weird to European Spaniards.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

God dammit shoot the lamps! :argh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What the gently caress kind of Spanish royal family has a coat of arms with a motto written in English?? English coat of arms don't even do that.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Omnicrom posted:

Spoilers from the future of this thread: After being paralyzed by laughter I am now dutybound to nominate this for best LP of the century.

How far into the future? Did you come from 2099 to tell us it won the award?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is getting multiple prizes per shooting range game a new feature in the HD release or something? I could swear having to do the thing way more times than that to get a full row of caps and that sweet gold.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lunethex posted:

I can only explain it as such:

There are four games, A-B-C-D, and each one requires you to get 6 prizes from them, which you can do in a minimum of two rounds. Even if you get all headshots on every target in one go you still have to play it again. For getting 6 caps from a game, you get a respective money award, A-15000, B-25000, C-35000, D-50000. By multiple prizes I can only assume you mean getting multiple games done in one sitting, i.e wait until you have A-B-C and just play them all then talk to him and he doles out everything one by one.

But in the end it's 24 bottle caps which are various NPCs in the game and a pestipend.

Nope. I do the ranges and fill them as soon as they're first available. I remember having to play each of A through D five times for the score caps and then once more for the "all targets" cap. I think I can remember being able to get the all targets cap with one score cap granted the conditions are met but that still only reduces the number of games to five, not two.

I mostly remember the GameCube version but I think that not spending like an hour at the ranges in the Wii and XBL versions would be something I'd remember too.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lunethex posted:

both Rapid fire and Sniping weaponry

This was never the case, unless it was added in a later version and subsequently removed again. I'm sure of that because I do it only with the sniping equipment :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

All I can do of whenever I hear Irving's voice is imagine him appending "Meowth that's right!" to everything he says.

SugarAddict posted:

The horrible elf avatar was talked about, now you need to post the images.

:agreed:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

You know for someone who's such a crackshot I'm surprised you even bought the normal rifle scope. I don't think I ever used that thing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is that water world level part of cut content or was it made specifically for Mercenaries to round the level variety to four arenas?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Was that high-tension wrecking ball music always in the game? I don't remember it at all :psyduck:

KieranWalker posted:

only like 1 in 10 people has a bad reaction to their venom.

And a far more insignificant number of people actually get bitten by them to begin with.

KieranWalker posted:

That being said, gently caress spiders in videogames because they're goddamn assholes most of the time.

Yakuza is a dick but I think it makes a good boss fight. It's like the only video game spider I don't instantly groan upon meeting, though.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Every dialog between Leon and Krauser sounds like it was written by an edgy 15 year old webcomic writer. They are top tier cheese in this game already full of cheesey (but often great) lines.

Also you can see through Krauser's torso via the new window Leon cut into his shirt during the end of that knife scene.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

First time I played RE4 I loved the helicopter part so much that I reloaded and replayed it like four times before going on.

I still kinda like it but yeah only on the standard difficulty.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

C-Euro posted:

It might only be in earlier versions of the game, the first time I played this PC version I remember getting the same "huh, Umbrella :smug:" line here and being momentarily confused that it wasn't what I remembered.

He definitely says "All for Umbrella's sake..." in the original GameCube version. I remember it clearly because RE4 was my first Resident Evil and I had no idea what he was hinting at.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

gary oldmans diary posted:

ive come to the conclusion that weve both been using herbs in re4 the wrong way for years
instead of having lots of green herbs and a stack of G+R and an even smaller stack of G+R+Y we should have as many G+R and G+Y stacks as possible with no G+R+Y. then whenever possible you can use a G+Y when you take a hit without wasting a red and this also frees up 1 more inventory space than using an egg

Also GRY's become a pretty good cash cow if you don't care about boosting your max health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

For those interested the game is currently on sale on Steam for five dollars. I just bought it.

This was the fourth time I purchased RE4 :haw:

• Locked thread