Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh hey this is maybe my favorite game ever and this a good LP of it

Going back a couple of episodes, I know the game sets you up for an unofficial rifle tutorial at the start of 1-2 but I almost never buy a rifle there on a new game. The walkways in the canyon let you kite enemies pretty well and after that there's maybe one other spot in the Village where a rifle is really useful. But then a rifle becomes super-useful in 3-1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think for me, the most unsettling thing in the game is when a Plaga comes out of a guy's head by unhinging the jaw and shoving the head all the way back. I believe it only happens with cultists and thank God for that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Lune you probably knew this, but for those who didn't- when you see Ashley being led away by Salazar, you can snipe the guys patrolling the top of the tower and that stops the catapult guys from spawning.

Kibayasu posted:

I've always been a long time advocate of the TMP in RE4, even without the stock, but I never thought of using it on the Garradors. Of course you couldn't use it like you do without the stock but I'm looking at how quick they die with the TMP and I want all my magnum and rifle ammo back.

I didn't realize the Garradors still took damage when they were flinching from being shot. Definitely going to re-consider the TMP next time I play through this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mak0rz posted:

Is getting multiple prizes per shooting range game a new feature in the HD release or something? I could swear having to do the thing way more times than that to get a full row of caps and that sweet gold.

I remember the same thing, at least in earlier versions of the game.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah I never needed to do the shooting ranges with both weapon sets in older versions of the game, but I definitely only ever got one prize per round instead of getting one per 1000 points in a round nowadays. Probably why I never bothered to fill out the bottle cap collection until this version came along :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I both love and hate the fact that the "this is no ritual, it's terrorism!" "Isn't that a popular word these days :smug:" exchange is still a timely reference almost 13 Goddamn years after release.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
At the start of the crane game, you can actually pick up the two guys standing next to each other at the same time, allowing you to kill all four of them only three crane uses :eng101:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm the headless guy at 13:45 in the Wesker video who gets blinded by a flash grenade.

Also thank you for giving me the blueprint for how I'm going to unlock the Handcannon in the PC version because I am pretty bad at Mercenaries.

E: The Bow is sweet and I wish you could get it in-game, cumbersome though it would be :( The Silencer too except that's even more impractical somehow

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 9, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think the water room in 3-1 could make a case for being the hardest room in the game, but it's between that room and the wrecking ball room. 5-2 is also definitely the hardest chapter in the game for how many awkward enemy setups it gives you, while also forcing you to protect Ashley.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I seem to remember Krauser having different dialogue in that second QTE conversation, he says something like "I see you've honed your skills" after you respond. I think it might have to do with whether or not you've taken damage up to that point?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lunethex posted:

If this dialogue exists I can't get it to play. Speedran the section twice and it did not play.

It might only be in earlier versions of the game, the first time I played this PC version I remember getting the same "huh, Umbrella :smug:" line here and being momentarily confused that it wasn't what I remembered.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mak0rz posted:

He definitely says "All for Umbrella's sake..." in the original GameCube version. I remember it clearly because RE4 was my first Resident Evil and I had no idea what he was hinting at.

No this was during the actual gunfight, not the knife fight cutscene. That cutscene AFAIK doesn't ever change.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Coolguye post the dog(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thank you, it's a good dog