Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Glazius posted:

That rocket-assisted cutscene was glorious. Well done.

That bit is why I always watch RE4 LP's. There's always something I don't know about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You already talked about it in the video but that texture work is seriously top loving notch. There's only so much you can do to spruce up rotting wood and cracking concrete in the village but those etchings, paintings, sculptures, and ornate walls :discourse:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've always been a long time advocate of the TMP in RE4, even without the stock, but I never thought of using it on the Garradors. Of course you couldn't use it like you do without the stock but I'm looking at how quick they die with the TMP and I want all my magnum and rifle ammo back.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The time it takes to take down two souped up Gigantes is the one exception I will always make to my "all the money" policy. At least its a badass way to lose money.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Nope. I do the ranges and fill them as soon as they're first available. I remember having to play each of A through D five times for the score caps and then once more for the "all targets" cap. I think I can remember being able to get the all targets cap with one score cap granted the conditions are met but that still only reduces the number of games to five, not two.

I mostly remember the GameCube version but I think that not spending like an hour at the ranges in the Wii and XBL versions would be something I'd remember too.

I played the old PC version (with hacked in mouse support) - which was based on the PS2 version I think? - way back when and I want to say I remember the prizes you get being based on max score, much like that RE Wiki page mentions. I definitely never needed to play with both weapon sets

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A real RE4 pro player shoots the Regenerator's back parasite through their torso from the front :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FriskyBoat posted:

Why did this guy need to get a backstory in the railshooter again?

FriskyBoat posted:

I just noticed this, but aside from one short foreshadowing scene at the end of chapter 4, we meet, fight, and kill Krauser over the span of 20 minutes.

Also he's kind of intriguing in that dumb Resident Evil way.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The first time I used the crossbow I had not examined it, or the bolts, prior to using it. I figured it was the equivalent to Leon's magnum (because I had always ignored the mine thrower) so I after the Garrador dropped down in the cage I decided to give it a whirl. A simultaneous pleasant and unpleasant surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do not remember if I ever used the shotgun on Saddler but that was really easy compared to how I remember that fight usually going so I bet I didn't.

• Locked thread