Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
What the hell, I'm playing though the Wii version right now (which is the best version).

Good timing! This is gonna be great! Oh, and also...

Coolguye posted:

*long suffering groans*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I have 4 golden eggs in my inventory already, and I'm only an hour into the game.

Actually, I got 5, but I had to eat one in a pinch.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

the littlest prince posted:

hosed up if true

It is not one of my proudest moments.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
You can't buy grenades in this game.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
But the max damage stat on the Striker is the highest of the shotguns, according to the stats display.

Am I missing something here?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
A suplex wizard.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Gonna be honest, I was 100% serious with my statement. I can't wait for the magic to (continue to) happen.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

so what i'm hearing is that i should just crack a beer on tuesday preemptively

It's RE4. Always time to crack a beer open.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Coolguye posted:

he dislikes carrying 1-2 extra bullets and prefers full stacks (or at least stacks with a substantial amount in them)

this is literally the reason. i can't remember if i asked him this on camera or not, but i did ask him this and his answer drove me insane.

To be fair, it's driving me insane as well. A bullet is a shell is another bullet. That's wasting ammo.

Stop wasting ammo, Lune!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm aware, which is why I'm not saying anything anymore.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
The Syphon Filter LP was one LP composed of 6 games.

...which I am currently in the middle of rewatching right now, actually.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

Does the shotgun just deal random (or at least highly variant) damage to things in its cone of effect? Or are some bugs just sturdier than other bugs?

It's dependent on the number of pellets that hit enemies, and their placement is random within the cone.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

There was a thing that showed you all previous avatars of a SomethingAwful account but I can't find it anymore. I saved one of his anyway, Sarah's head on a warboss, because I used it in Syphon Filter editing.

Oh, poo poo! I was wondering what that avatar was about!

At least it was entertaining. To us.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Thank you. I needed this.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I prefer chocolate over vanilla, which I prefer over strawberry.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

he refuses to post it

For good reason.

Just look it up, like RoboKy said.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Are those turkeys flanking her? Is there a joke I missed somewhere?

No, turkeys are inherently funny.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

I get what Coolguye is talking about with the "rope over cloth" thing; the female ganado's shrill yelp is pretty similar.

So, are we not allowed to talk about what the foley actually is? Because I'll admit, seeing him trying to figure it out is hilarious.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I mean, I know what those screams are, but I thought we're just letting everyone flounder because it's funny.

Edit: not ruining it.

bman in 2288 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 25, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Well now you ruined my joke FUCKO

I edited it. Because it's better this way.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
As long as coolguye doesn't know.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm sorry about the joke. It was a good one, but... You know.

Schadenfreude.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
So business as usual.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I didn't know Australians knew the future. I thought that was the British.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Because it's loving awesome?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Can you fix the link? It's a bit hard to search when I'm on mobile.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I'm not one to judge how people laugh. I mean, my friends tell me I laugh like a crazy mad scientist.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

BobTheFerret posted:

Watching through the village sequences where you guys keep asking what is making that weird rope on cloth sound - I always thought that was supposed to be the sound of the chainsaw-wielding dudes pulling the cord to start the chainsaw.

I actually almost mentioned what it was, but I edited my post to not ruin the surprise of our commentators. But RoBoKy saw it, so... yeah. I don't know if I'm going to actually say what it is, or if I'll just let it die so that no one gets any closure from this.

I take it back. I'm not going to say until someone forces my hand. Or if someone else ruins the joke.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's NOT OVER YE-nevermind.

Have you even been to the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Let me rephrase my question:

Do you carry a conch shell with you, and/or walk around with a shirt that reads "Never Be Game Over"?

Is you game actually over, and we haven't noticed yet because network latency from Australia?

• Locked thread