Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
*long suffering groans*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the "ohhhhh god" from me at 0:11 here is pretty much going to be the take-away from this LP as a whole, i'm pretty sure

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

The Punisher's unique effect of hitting 2 enemies per shot is really superfluous and it's a long time before you get the exclusive upgrade, which lets you hit 5, and you have to fully upgrade it for that. It's the weakest handgun and that's an investment better spent anywhere else. Shooting the 15 medallions is an easy 15,000 coin reward. I did not have any room (pun intended) to explain why they were wrongfully indignant about this.

ohhhhh god.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I have no experience whatsoever with RE7 so I cannot say one way or the other

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

aaagh bullet nerds shut up

Coolguye is the kind of person who refuses to eat Captain Crunch because it's not real naval rations

i think u posted before I corrected his lies

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

The alternative thread title is 'survival horror is code for psych evaluation'
your diagnosis is OCD

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Seriously. "Let things fall where they may"? Are you mental?
no, just not neurotic.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i can feel dropping the weapons where they need to be, but seriously, you do not need to go about organizing ammo, or even health. health especially i would argue in certain ways is counterproductive since if you get hit and need to heal, it's better to take a loving breath and contemplate your situation.

if this were RE6 where you healed in action, okay sure! i can totally get down with that! but i refer you back to my barked "it's PAUSED" objection in the context of RE4.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah I have more than a couple of snide comments about using a drat first aid spray in RE6

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

:cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8UNDVZNQY :coal:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I knew the thread would vindicate me as much as I knew Coolguy would continue to die on this loving hill he's on.

stand for what's right even if you stand alone :colbert:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh my gentle loving god i am dying

i am undone

this is my fanaticism and my folly on display in one glorious image

loving bravo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

fraps has not even updated in over a year let alone improved. i still like fraps for its ease of use, and its lossless codec works out of the box with the rest of my tools (virtualdub, avisynth). but its days are numbered as it is known to cause crashes with newer versions of directx so get mileage out of it while you can, basically.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

being in it for the experience just makes me respect him more

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh is this the 56 episode?

awesome.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there is a surprise twist to this story in the next episode that makes it even weirder

e: YO CHECK OUT THE UPDATE AT THE END OF THE LAST PAGE

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

blame lune. he shot the dog in the first episode trying to get a rise out of me (he blew it and it looked like he shot the trap)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

40000 fish in FF14? Okay I gotta ask, did you get the Ironworks Rod? Because if you did I'm very sorry.

Also the fact that we will never hear the 56 hours of Coolguye makes me a little sad. Treasure has been lost to digital purgatory.

you might be surprised to find out that my day to day life isn't terribly interesting because i pretty much never stop working and i spend a fair bit of it away from the desktop i use to record and do stuff with

honestly it was probably more 56 hours of chip's paws clicking on the tile in the room than me saying anything

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 7, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'm down for that so long as we can paste my steam avatar on some dude's face

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

Regarding the decapitation upskirt story I can kind of believe it because I think she's programmed to react based on where Leon's eyes are pointing. It's happened to me countless times while suplexing dudes with her standing behind Leon.

hahaha i remember the first time that happened to me

i actually got offended because it was like "YES, YOU SELF-ABSORBED JERK, I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS TROUBLE TO THROW A loving 200 POUND MAN JUST SO I COULD GET A LOOK UP YOUR SKIRT. HOW ARE YOU NOT FLATTENED BY HIS BULK RUNNING THROUGH YOU ANYWAY"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

so what i'm hearing is that i should just crack a beer on tuesday preemptively

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

since we know this in advance i'll let the thread vote on my poison for the evening:

- Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, 5% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Barley-Wine Style Ale 12.8% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Hibernation Ale 11.5% ABV
- Great Divide Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 12.5% ABV (look, i got a pack, okay)
- Deschutes Brewery Mirror Mirror 11.2% ABV (when the gently caress did i get this, apparently it's another barleywine?)

anyway choose your thing and i'll drink it

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I don't have a death wish

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

all of my spanish learning is mexican and guatamalan spanish as opposed to castellano so that makes sense to me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh christ

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Of course Guile trained Leon. Excessive use of hair products, suplexing fools, using sonic booms... the signs are all there! :v:

And was there a reason Lune discarded some of the extra boxes of ammo? I'm wondering if it's part of a trick or something.

he dislikes carrying 1-2 extra bullets and prefers full stacks (or at least stacks with a substantial amount in them)

this is literally the reason. i can't remember if i asked him this on camera or not, but i did ask him this and his answer drove me insane.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

f

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

So, you just reload the gun and discard 1-5 bullets leftover
OR YOU JUST SHOOT THE GUN AGAIN

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

nobody's suggesting shooting the gun into thin air, that's absurd and ruins your accuracy rating too. but having a few extra bullets for a specific gun can easily influence your weapon choices in the next encounter, since the general combat against a small handful of enemies isn't terribly reliant on a specific weapon.

i mean shoot -> kick -> blast in head while down is a pretty well worn gameplay fiat by this point and it really doesn't care if you're using a TMP or a handgun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

White Coke posted:

Leon probably knows about Ada and Wesker because he's been working for the president for six years.

he probably doesn't because he's leon

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Glazius posted:

The Ashley section was an interesting little mixup to the rhythm. Have you got respawning environmental things to huck at enemies, or are opening doors the only thing in limitless supply?

opening doors are the only thing in limitless supply, but killing those cultists is very, very optional.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy poo poo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i want it on record this story was dragged out of me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

If memory serves from the thread, Coolguye's reaction to the initial avatar change was much less chill and much more hilarious all caps shouty.

your memory serves properly. i remember it clearly, and the reaction post was simply 'WHY' :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

gently caress YES

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

also gently caress YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

give me a timestamp so i can see if i can jog my memory because i honestly do not remember right now

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oh yeah. Lune kept saying he doesn't shoot people in the nuts (he does) so I told him he should play the sniper elite games to prove it (he won't, because it would reveal exactly how much he aims for the sack)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that avatar has amde this whole week great and i'm pretty sure nothing can change that now.

(also, yes, the chicken would be a cockatrice you can get as a party member known as Cocka-Cocka. He is the best character in the game because instead of permanently lowering your IQ with horrifically awful dialog, he simply says 'cocka' to everything.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

nearly died laughing

• Locked thread