Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I was going to cuss Lunethex out for using Fraps to record in TYOOL2017 but I am just in awe now. God bless this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lunethex posted:

What's wrong with it that I apparently haven't kept up on

I'm being somewhat hyperbolic but I've had a lot of recording issues when using Fraps and if you mess with the settings OBS can also record losslessly (or nearly so) and is just generally more customizable. It's more a knock on Fraps itself than anyone who uses it. Though I haven't used Fraps in over a year so it could have improved for all I know.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I prefer the first shotgun because of its classic look. All the guns are pretty good in the end, so aesthetics are important.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Shadowplay sucks now and is locked behind an NVidia login requirement. RELive for AMD cards is good I hear.

It'd be pointless even if it didn't suck since OBS can use the NVIDIA encoder which was the only reason to use Shadowplay in the first place. Weirdly, OBS seems to be better as recording software than streaming software these days (though it's still great for that as well, of course).

• Locked thread