Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Resident Evil 4 is one of Capcom's greatest successes, it reinvented and evolved the now 21-year old franchise. Gone were the fixed camera angles as the game took on an over-the-shoulder aesthetic which in itself set a standard of excellence other games would follow. Having been in development and going through several changes leading up to its releases, one of RE4's unused prototypes became the beloved Devil May Cry series until we received the final version in January 2005. So successful is this game that it has been re-released and remastered on practically every system and platform. For this LP of the game, I will be playing the UHD version on Steam with an array of mods. For being over 10 years old, this entry in the 'second segment' of the series as I like to call it still stands the test of time. The story mode never gets old. In its simplicity we have a game that is always challenging thanks to great AI, nuanced and dynamic combat, and the gathering of $$$ for the purpose of upgrading your arsenal in a number of ways. Out of the RE4-Rev1-RE5-Rev2-RE6 set of games, Resident Evil 4 easily has the best sound design and level design of that group, and to be honest, of the entire series.

The gameplay is easy to get into and takes time to master. Enemies react in a variety of ways when shot, and their stumbling can cause others around them to stumble, buying you much needed time in your every fight. You have a small inventory at the start of the game in the form of your Attache Case, but you are able to upgrade it over the course of the game so that you can have more dakka. You will bring to bear a full lineup of weapons from handguns to rocket launchers in typical RE fashion, and new to the series at the time, melee combat. When an enemy is shot in their ankle or head, they are opened to a variety of melee from every playable character, and performing these is vital to both survival and fun. The story of the game is simple: the President's daughter has been kidnapped, and the only bad enough dude to save her is Leon S. Kennedy, the rookie cop from Raccoon City. Now a US Government Agent in the aftermath of the incident, he is the only one trusted in the current shakeup to undertake this assignment!

Why am I doing this, why am I LPing a game that has been done five times already? I was asked during a livestream why I had not LP'd either this or RE5. I didn't have a good answer, but when the pieces fell into place I decided I need to do one too because the only games I'm good at are Resident Evil games and I'm never bored of playing them, which is all that matters! I have made these modifications to my game:

#1|HD Retexture Project (http://re4hd.com) - This project seems to have been going on for years. They're still far from finished, but the Village & Castle sections for Leon's story is complete and I'm definitely taking advantage of it.
#2|Film Grain Removal - It hurt my game quality, so I hurt it.
#3|HD Weapons and Inventory - Now everyone can kill in style.
#4|ReShade - To remove blurriness

There are a couple of other things going on (HD Leon) and some that will be added later in the LP when they become relevant.

On February 4, 2013 I started the LP of Resident Evil 6. Joining me for this sixth LP of Resident Evil 4 will be Coolguy & TheLastRoboky. There may be others too but you can be assured of our consistent antics!

Leon S. Kennedy
Chapter 1-1 - The Village [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 1-2 - The Canyon [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 1-3 - The Hike [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 2-1 - The Church [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 2-2 - The Cabin [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 2-3 - The Cheese [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 3-1 - The Castle [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 3-2 - The Suplex [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 3-3-4 - The Roundabout [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 4-1 - The Breakdown [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 4-2 - The Excavation [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 4-3 - The Mine [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 4-4 - The Tower [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 5-1 - The Island [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 5-2 - The Dozer [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 5-3 - The Revolver [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 5-4 - The Mike [Polsy] [POST]
Chapter 5-5 - The End [Polsy] [POST]

Ada Wong
Separate Ways - Chapter 1 [Polsy] [POST]
Separate Ways - Chapter 2 [Polsy] [POST]
Separate Ways - Chapter 3 [Polsy] [POST]
Separate Ways - Chapter 4 [Polsy] [POST]
Separate Ways - Chapter 5 [Polsy] [POST]

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

(Should have changed the A to a C, but I spent enough time on this already :v:)

By me

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 4, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 1-1 - The Village [Polsy]

Leon arrives in Spain looking for Ashley Graham, the president's daughter. With no idea what to expect he takes a laid back approach to matters until a crazy man pulls an axe on him and things get serious. Along the way I survive certain death multiple times and a theme quickly establishes that drives a wedge into the group cohesion: my inventory management. All this aside we get introduced to the main enemies of the game, the Ganados, and get several tastes of combat while collecting a lot of shiny things.

I know I made mention of audio desync in later videos turns out the fears were unfounded. Video playback was just being weird. I have all of my first round of recording ready to post/record for and it's all good. The only desync was two cutscenes and it's super easy to fix so whatever :)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 26, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If you need an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFq4BOcPfE

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Punisher's unique effect of hitting 2 enemies per shot is really superfluous and it's a long time before you get the exclusive upgrade, which lets you hit 5, and you have to fully upgrade it for that. It's the weakest handgun and that's an investment better spent anywhere else. Shooting the 15 medallions is an easy 15,000 coin reward. I did not have any room (pun intended) to explain why they were wrongfully indignant about this.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Resident Evil 4: the quest for inventory zen

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The alternative thread title is 'survival horror is code for psych evaluation'

Quicksilver6 posted:

Inventory organization is in fact the true challenge of the game. Or possibly some kind of secret social experiment gone far, far too well. Remember, always organize grenades by color. RGB!

Actually no, order by extent of usefulness. GRB.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 27, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

IronSaber posted:

I got RE4 on PC in a sale a while ago, but I can't play it since, for some reason, it goes really really slowly. My machine is powerful enough to run it, but it's just baffling.

Lock the FPS. What OS btw?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Alright, now we can get to the video where things start going downhill!

Seriously. "Let things fall where they may"? Are you mental? Do I want to be waterboarded?

Chapter 1-2 - The Canyon [Polsy]

We are injected with the horrible mind destroying parasite and our rescue mission turns into a race against time to not only save the damsel in distress but ourselves as well. We meet the iconic Merchant of Resident Evil 4 and Coolguy breaks down almost immediately while Roboky defends my methods. Temporarily. This is my favorite video so far that we've done commentary on (which is only 3 to be fair) because of how it starts off and how it ends with regards to my co-commentary. Who knew fish were such a big deal :v:

Oh also I get mad about the Revelations games because I was tired. I have longplay formats of Rev1 and Rev2. I like Rev1 far more than Rev2 even though it's not as flexible as Rev2 because at least in Rev1 I didn't have to fight 50% instant death enemies and have minimal ammo to do so it's just annoying but this is Resident Evil 4 an amazing game so I won't get into that again. Unless I LP them. Rev1 maintains the humor if anything.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 28, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Coolguye posted:

if this were RE6 where you healed in action, okay sure! i can totally get down with that! but i refer you back to my barked "it's PAUSED" objection in the context of RE4.

Less time in the inventory in general thanks to proper organization and management means less chance of getting distracted in the middle of an engagement, keeps your mind focused on Winning and Victory. RE5/RE6 are fantastic examples of unobstructive inventories but making sure things are where they need to be for ease of access and in terms of usefulness or "need to keep track of" (and making sure things don't take up odd spaces so that picking up small items brings you back to the inventory needlessly) is an RE4 staple :)

It's an endless spiral of pedantry in other words.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 28, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Every version of the game has different handling of ammo drops and the rules change subtly. The only change ever talked about was the moving of certain items to other locations. I remember when I played on the PS3 version all the ammo on Normal was non-existent. Drops that should have been 10 or 15 were 5 and 10 respectively. It's one thing that deserves to be talked about but I don't think anybody has all the details on all the versions.

Trick Question posted:

Your inventory management would probably be easier if you sold all those healing items, and you could probably even afford more gun/bomb so you wouldn't need as much healing.

I forget, can you buy grenades in this one?

Selling Yellow Herbs when your health isn't maxed out is a big no-no, especially on Professional. It's best to wait until this is more relevant in the updates but trust me this will be expounded upon.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That's why the real pros never obsessively reload their guns. Gotta get that free mag from each capacity upgrade.

I'm gonna reinstall this game by the fifth update, I just know it.

I never pay attention to that, the only weapon this matters for is the Magnum. On this version I find I'm never suffocating for bullets unless they're of the Rifle variant (which by the Island they conveniently start starving you of it because it becomes such an important weapon). It's not so ruinous but it's nice to have a case of ammo :shobon:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Crane Fist posted:

I am extremely disturbed by the wasting of shotgun shells on single enemies, guys on the ground even, come on

I didn't get a chance to say it but I opted to spend more ammo on the LP because otherwise 'd just never use it. Strictly speaking the most efficient way to beat the game is to shoot everyone in their head while they're down, typically by way of knocking over huge groups with just 1 shell or a kick and this is where the TMP becomes incredible.

But for viewing pleasure (head explosions, gore smears) the Shotgun will be used much more liberally.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

For bosses it's in a weird space for me. I don't know the full technical details on Shotguns in this game but they are probably fantastic for main bosses, the risk being you are so vulnerable while doing it that it's not worth using. In RE5 the Shotguns are boss mutilators because you can always stun them for significant periods of time (which isn't the case with RE4's bosses, they're going to get up and start reacting fast) and run up and just point blank a good 4-5 shots, melee, then get 2 more in. The only time I used a Shotgun against a boss was in Separate Ways because it wasn't the TMP or Blacktail and it worked surprisingly well.

In RE4 they serve an amazing purpose as giving you space (they knock more than what they hit over unlike RE5) and having high chances of blowing heads off quicker than the Handguns or TMP, and when Parasites start showing up, they have a good chance of instantly killing it like the rifle. Ammo quantities determine what best uses are of course.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

(Should have changed the A to a C, but I spent enough time on this already :v:)

:laffo:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

What's wrong with it that I apparently haven't kept up on

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah that CAPCOM sale on Steam was a loving outrageously good steal. RE4, Rev1, RE5, Rev2, RE6 and ALL their DLC (which are for the most part story content, and meaty addons in their own right) for $43.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Striker is the weakest shotgun, in terms of attack power and definitely in range. The Riot Gun is a straight upgrade from the first Shotgun and thanks to its built-in narrower grouping and higher damage at Exclusive coupled with the three aforementioned qualities (Giving you space, headshotting mens and parasites for one-shot kills) it's a clear victor. Ammo Capacity I find is never an issue. The key points for the Striker, however, are that it takes up the least space of shotguns and its 100 shell capacity means you never carry around extra shells, giving you at least 8-10 squares back. You can probably get the Mine Thrower in your inventory just out of pure excess.

One important detriment to keep in mind is that it also fires from the hip. This doesn't apply to Mouse aiming which is objectively superior to any other form of aiming because mouse aiming is faster but on controllers, aiming up and down is slower and there are no aim sensitivity options. But then again, the Striker is purely a provider of breathing room so :eng101:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 29, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Riot Gun at exclusive hits 10.0 and the Striker at max does 12.0, yes, but we get back to effective range and likelihood of what hits and does meaningful damage. I don't know if there is an actual damage fall off for shotguns at a certain range (stagger/knockback sure sucks past effective range) but because you're getting more hits in with the Riot Gun and at a better range it's the better weapon, headshot capability notwithstanding.

The Striker has lower downtime after firing than the other two, so you would think "I'll just run up and point blank people with it and be doing fine" but on Professional, and near the end of the Castle and Island onward that just doesn't fly since enemies have more HP and use more ranged attacks against you and you're putting yourself in serious danger by doing your fighting this way, especially if you run afoul of an armored man or shield bearer. You do not get the Tac Armor on Professional difficulty either.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

This took me half an hour of work and I am proud of it because it was an idea that came to me while on the toilet. I'd be glad to remake it if the A became a C, so I'll be sitting on that save :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6lF2b9yfbM

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 1-3 - The Hike [Polsy]

Leon gets back to the Village and makes his way to the church after liberating the Big Cheese of his key. The Church where they're keeping Ashley, however, is locked, and he'll need to travel far and wide for the key. Life on a god drat loop, so he's said. After dodging another insidious paradoxical boulder trap (and hearing two frustrated voices screaming in his head about the Case) Leon gets to the eponymous Lake mentioned in several English-language files written by evil villagers and kills his biggest monster yet!

Also make sure to watch this.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Section Z posted:

"I'M EFFICIENT!" said as they use rifle ammo on a bird nest and multiple handgun bullets on crates and barrels.

gently caress the time organizing a suitcase concerns. This is the real pain for obsessive item hoarders.

Wesker and HUNK don't have knives in The Mercenaries and it's infinitely faster to shoot them, win-win. In RE5 you always shoot containers, in RE6 you can Slide and Shoot depending on how you feel, and RE4 I haven't really gotten down a 'thing' but I lean towards shooting. If there are 2-3 containers near each other then I'll probably knife them.

Using the rifle shot on the bird's nest was because it was the last shot before a full reload. Style points.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

amigolupus posted:

It's also weird they never used Merchant again, even as a character in Mercenaries mode.

This is the face everyone made when they found that out.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Does Leon need to care about the legitimacy of the money he spends? All he knows is he is getting more dakka out of it and it works!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 2-1 - The Church [Polsy]

Leon wakes up in the cleanest cabin for miles and gets back to work. Close to the key needed to open the church and thus save Ashley, he fights his way through the emergent parasites that randomly take hold of otherwise defeated enemies. Rabid guard dogs and a cave troll have nothing on Mister Scott Kennedy and he is able to effectively organize his inventory and secure the ballistics. Coolguy is still wrong fyi. Get settled for 56 more episodes of inane arguing :smuggo:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I still can't believe that loving Mario reference Roboky made

The episode going up today (there's that and one more tomorrow this week) will see Roboky destroy the LP too.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 2-2 - The Cabin [Polsy]

A historic occasion is right there in the picture. Nothing more needs to be said.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 2-3 - The Cheese [Polsy]

Leon is faced with two potential routes through the final stretch of the village: one is guarded by another Cave Troll, and the other by the aptly named Ganados. He brushes his hair aside and sighs as he clears both routes and is stopped by a retinal scanner. Needing the eye of the big cheese he decides there is only one way to deal with the issue: explosives. Lots of explosives.

Next week we will enter suplex castle!

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 8, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

A suplex wizard.

I've been recording tonight (going to clear the castle and stop) and you say this now but something particularly magical did happen regarding the Suplex and it will be commentated over this week at least. I'm ultra excited about all the recordings I've done so far if just for the very high likelihood that in that same episode I am going to infuriate Coolguy to drunkenness.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

no, it's going to get worse.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 3-1 - The Castle [Polsy]

Leon, equipped with the stink of foul villagers, makes his way to the local castle. Unfortunately things aren't going to go well for him there, but he's decided to deploy a new move to take out the newest enemies: the Cultists.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Changeling posted:

What version of ReShade are you using for this? I've been trying to find a good one but they're all crashing the game on launch. The game looks great and I want to get rid of the blur.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79DvgFpArXlOHJneVRRNEQ4a2M

Drop in example:
I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Resident Evil 4\Bin32

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Omnicrom posted:

I'll be interested to see your TMPing, because I never actually used it myself outside of the Ada sidestory stuff.

It's practically the best weapon for Ada. Even though I've bought it now I'm still aiming for Suplex-headsplosions. In the next episode I don't even use it properly at first because reasons but it's no big deal because I use it exactly where it matters and do well with it. Once we reach the Island, it becomes top-tier. It's the perfect weapon for mowing down groups of unshielded dudes and still being reactive enough for guys who might flank etc. It absolutely is a great weapon because it's just a box of bullets that take up very little space, is very stable and has high marks for accuracy and stability, and you can just pulp heads after getting a leg shot in.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 13, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If it's something unimportant like a shell or a TMP bullet and it's only like 1-3 in a single slot, discard. There will be guaranteed items to fill it sooner than you might get a random drop for it thus negating the need to discard later. Moving the cursor around the inventory is a more laborious process than you might think. It's just slow.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

wat

It's a valid response. Enemies drop ammo especially when you're very low on it. It's knowing that I'm good on the issue as it arises that enables this forward thinking. RE5 is the same way though the inventory is excruciatingly limited. So, you just reload the gun and discard 1-5 bullets leftover (Unless it's for a Rifle or Magnum, or unless you need the ammo for reasons) since it always drops. RE6 has some bum rear end limits on ammo (Looking at you, Machine Gun ammo...) and requires maintenance if you're one of the characters who gets it, but otherwise the game's inventory is great.

In the case of Rev1, ammo is properly contained in its own packs and enemies don't drop it. No need to worry, and you always have enough. Rev2 is another story. gently caress Rev2's item mechanics.

RE4 simply requires a lot of maintenance.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When I decide to discard there are normally no enemies around to make use of those bullets.

Key word Normally because in RE5 having free inventory space lets you get invincibility frames when picking things up, so discarding even in the middle of a fight is a potential habit. Great for Mercenaries.

Also, using those bullets means reloading which takes more time. That's definitely not something to complain about. I can't combine ammo boxes with guns in RE4.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 14, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 3-2 - The Suplex [Polsy]

Leon takes a trip into the sewers and does Salazar a favor by exterminating all the bugs there sans the company of a small but vicious dog. Upon braving the most necessary room in the game so far, he romps through the castle suplexing as many pasty robed parasite men as possible before dropping another sick burn on Saladbar. This all culminates in meeting with a familiar lady.

Oh yeah, this video is where the first edit happens. Also the parasite I was thinking of was cordyceps.

This is what ran through my mind when I did the eponymous Suplex the video is named for

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 14, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You get ammo for the weapons you have. There are guaranteed ammo boxes in the game world (some containers are also set to drop specific items) but those can be sold if you don't have the applicable gun. When you run low on say, Shotgun Shells and you have a Shotgun, the game will give you a higher chance of getting shotgun shells from killed enemies in addition to what drops being a higher quantity. In practicing Separate Ways I've seen boxes of 15 bullets dropping very commonly after expending a lot of ammo. The reason to expend more bullets as Ada is because she cannot Suplex.

I haven't been very spendthrift as Leon yet. I've recorded up to the Island and there will be 5 more videos to cover Chapter 5-X, and I kind of just played ahead past Krauser as a practice run and I was mainlining the TMP hard. With 250 clip capacity I ran beneath 30 bullets and four enemies in a row dropped 50 TMP bullets each and I reloaded to full for no effort.

All this being said, even if you didn't have a handgun, I've read that the game will still drop Handgun bullets for you from enemies.

Moving on, me saying the Red9 sucks was half trolling since when I streamed the game before the LP I was laughing about the anti-TMP sentiment. The Red9 just takes up more space than it needs. It possessing a high raw damage as its only benefit and being slower than the other handguns puts it lower on the list. Every other Handgun reloads and shoots faster, stopping power isn't quite a major 'thing' in RE4 either unlike RE5. For maxing out the Handgun I have in Chapter 4-3, I'll get higher headshot critical hit rates which just delete the regular enemies outright and will kill parasites just as easily. I have the shotgun for all the B.O.W. type enemies (Novistador, groups of enemies if Kicking isn't in vogue at that very second), I have the Rifle for necessary enemies later, and the TMP is like the Handgun on steroids and you can see why because Coolguy said as much: shoot heads on the ground all day. The Magnum serves a bunch of technical purposes. You should still use whatever you think has the most style, but as is clear from the inventory OCD, I'm just making sure I have great options everywhere.

At max power the TMP does 1.8 damage per shot and combined with what I've said about its reactiveness, its speed and accuracy, it blows the Red9 out of the water while being better for space. It's a primary weapon you swap for the Handgun when ammo runs low for that and vice versa.

Here's a picture of my inventory as it will become. The last three spaces are for the special scope you get.

And when we do Separate Ways, the TMP will make me wonder constantly why I haven't sold her Blacktail.

In RE5 to elaborate on that quick point, the stopping power on Handguns is a slightly bigger deal because you want to use better weapons the further you go into the game. Two weapons are fantastic for fighting Lickers: rifles, and the P226 Handgun, the third one you get. When you do enough damage to them, they kind of reel back and reveal their hearts, which you then shoot. Using either of these weapons both does great damage and knocks them on their back, letting you run up and stab them for an instant kill. They're otherwise hard targets and take a lot of punishment.

Next Thursday the best video gets posted and I'll have finalized the inventory. I'm making a huge deal about getting a lot of money too because the most important items to upgrade are the Semi-Auto Rifle (the firing speed exclusive is powerful) and the TMP for aforementioned reasons. Everything else is gravy. I need to be able to tear rear end all over Saddler's base. And I will have that cash, no matter what.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 15, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Today I learned that the Gatling Gun Guy, J.J, can set off explosive barrels with his bullets. I play Mercenaries once in a while despite my disenchantment with RE4's version of it and it just happened and I had to write about it.

e. i still hate this map the most. Super salvador and the waterworld are tolerable, you can find fire grenades. but on this map, loving enemies do not spawn at all. Constantly losing a combo (even though it doesn't matter as much in RE4) when it's otherwise not hard to keep it just because they don't spawn and they aren't in any hurry is annoying, then losing 10-20 seconds before anyone else shows up. Having to climb up so many ladders is crap, RE is not made for the kind of verticality imposed on some Mercs maps in the mode's history.

Speaking of, for as much as I played RE5 mercenaries, that doesn't mean I don't have issues with some of those maps. Public Assembly, The Mines, and Prison were the only good maps. Village was barely passable, but all the others loving sucked, especially Experimental Facility. Mercs is plain fun and comedy even at some of its lower points but that little fact, the lack of spawning consistency, can utterly ruin the experience. This mode is an adrenaline packed 10 minutes of focus for every round in each game, RE4, RE5, RE6, it's intense and fun as hell. If somebody dies or you lose a combo through no real fault of your own (aforementioned enemy just not spawning at all or even worse getting stuck somehow) it's a genuine gut punch because the music is blaring and you're kicking the crap out of everyone. Wind out of one's sails, as they say.

This being said, No Mercy in RE5/RE6 is always incredible, dangerous, and thrilling. Multiple heads should explode on every melee in that mode it just rules.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Sep 18, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 3-3-4 - The Roundabout [Polsy]

Leon gets through the final leg of his romp through Saladbar's castle, surviving a cage fight with a Garrador and scoring a free rocket launcher for the final Attache Case upgrade. Unfortunately the Merchant wasn't at all interested in giving advance warning of Saddler's coming and Luis is killed by deep hurting. Somehow Ashley wasn't screaming her head off in that same room either. When all's said and done, Leon gets Ashley out of that wall trap and the player is handed the reigns as she has to figure out a few puzzles to reunite with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When I splice in that Ashley suplex from the Gamecube version then it goes back to my recording it really hits me how much better it is.

The slider puzzle is among the most iconic indicators of the difference between Cris & Albert's work and the original.

(PS4 Version)
(UHD Version)

• Locked thread