Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thanks for doing an LP of RE4! This game is one of my favorites, and you're all a lot of fun to listen to. :)

Lunethex posted:

Less time in the inventory in general thanks to proper organization and management means less chance of getting distracted in the middle of an engagement, keeps your mind focused on Winning and Victory. RE5/RE6 are fantastic examples of unobstructive inventories but making sure things are where they need to be for ease of access and in terms of usefulness or "need to keep track of" (and making sure things don't take up odd spaces so that picking up small items brings you back to the inventory needlessly) is an RE4 staple :)

It's an endless spiral of pedantry in other words.

Now I've only watched RE6 from TieTuesday's stream of it, but I've thought RE6's inventory was very obstructive because of how many times you have to press buttons just to get to the item or weapon you want to use (also, why was there no dedicated knife button?). With RE4's inventory system, you can always shuffle weapons, grenades or healing items to corners so that you can quickly get to them with just a few button presses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like to use the Red9 for Normal because of the damage, but I prefer to use the basic handgun in Professional because being able to randomly oneshot mooks saved me a lot of ammo, and the exclusive was available early.

My main memory with the Striker was the animation speed glitch. I did a quick knife swipe that managed to kill Ashley because she couldn't get behind Leon fast enough. I remember this because I haven't saved in a while and lost a lot of progress. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Glazius posted:

It's weird how the inexplicable merchant is one of the big breakout hits of this game. I suppose that guy has no coherent reason to exist so they just went nuts with him.

It's also weird they never used Merchant again, even as a character in Mercenaries mode.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aww, you guys didn't get That Dog to appear. :( Leon smiling like a big doofus when he sees that dog will never not be hilarious.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Coolguye posted:

blame lune. he shot the dog in the first episode trying to get a rise out of me (he blew it and it looked like he shot the trap)

But then all he has to do to get a rise out of you is to keep spinning that drat green herb. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Of course Guile trained Leon. Excessive use of hair products, suplexing fools, using sonic booms... the signs are all there! :v:

And was there a reason Lune discarded some of the extra boxes of ammo? I'm wondering if it's part of a trick or something.

• Locked thread