Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I haven't played this in ages but one thing I always liked a lot about TTD were the default graphics. Something about those little British houses gave it a very Postman Pat type of atmosphere. I also know all about the geography of Wales and Cornwall because I played the West Country 90210 map a lot. I never cared much about creating a very efficient transport system and I wouldn't know how to make one of these giant hub stations with signals and whatnot but I liked to imagine I was improving the lives of people in some region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I've been trying to get back into this game but I usually feel a bit unsatisfied with the kind of map it generates. I've been trying out a few heightmaps of the Netherlands but they look a bit sparse and unrealistic, is there a good map someone can recommend or a good scenario with NewGRF where the map maker tried to include a lot of detail? Or is there maybe a better map generating algorithm that will include things like large islands or continents instead of just a jumble of water and land like the default ones?