Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Erwin the German posted:

FTFY :colbert:

Edit: Are you gonna show different storylines after this? I started a Boatmen character a few months ago that I ran into a brick wall with, so I'd love to see how that shakes out. I feel like we've seen the least of them in this LP, too.

I have a save file near a particular ending that is totally the best one.
but it might not be as impressive without the lead up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Right up until the end, I was genuinely expecting Miltiades' final action to be leaping up, sticking a knife into Thoth, and acting surprised to learn that hadn't been your plan all along.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Hahaha oh my god Miltiades

I totally accept that Milty went and killed you the second he could, if you're not some drooling mind-slave to the spacegod in his god-house.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Neither of the endings where one of the lords become the mouthpiece of Thor-Agoth specify what happened to the player character. If you help your chosen faction rise to the top and get rid of the gods, your character becomes a trusted adviser/sidekick to the head honcho (apparently depending on reputation with the faction in question), but never the leader yourself. The only way to reach the top yourself is reaching the "special" ending.

One thing I found a bit weird: why did Thor-Agoth make his host body look so different from the human baseline? It is not like he had a body in his native environment to emulate, and it can't be to look more intimidating since he wears that Egyptian-style armoured suit.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 20, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Maybe that's what they actually look like.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kopijeger posted:

Neither of the endings where one of the lords become the mouthpiece of Thor-Agoth specify what happened to the player character. If you help your chosen faction rise to the top and get rid of the gods, your character becomes a trusted adviser/sidekick to the head honcho (apparently depending on reputation with the faction in question), but never the leader yourself. The only way to reach the top yourself is reaching the "special" ending.

One thing I found a bit weird: why did Thor-Agoth make his host body look so different from the human baseline? It is not like he had a body in his native environment to emulate, and it can't be to look more intimidating since he wears that Egyptian-style armoured suit.

maybe the longer they exist in the world the more alien their bodies become?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

FTFY :colbert:

Edit: Are you gonna show different storylines after this? I started a Boatmen character a few months ago that I ran into a brick wall with, so I'd love to see how that shakes out. I feel like we've seen the least of them in this LP, too.

I will finish Julius' story, but after that most likely I'm done.

Glazius posted:

That certainly was an ending, yeah.

I Can't Believe It's Not Thoth doesn't really seem too traitor-ish, all told. You'd think the Magi would have more seals up or something if he was a risk.

Guess we'll see what we can find in Julius' route about him!

Kopijeger posted:

I went and checked. You don't get a personal ending slide, which I forgot about. But, you are mentioned in there as a mysterious adviser that whoever you choose consults about everything. It could be Agathoth but Agathoth would probably be pretty noticeable whispering in someone's ear. See Antidas Illuminati ending: https://i.imgur.com/SptQEgt.jpg

Also I figured he modified his body to be best at whatever it is Artificers do. Engineering wacky inventions and nuclear weapons it mostly looks like.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

There probably won't be any updates in the coming days. I go in for (very minor) surgery tomorrow. Maybe the weekend, we'll see.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Wait, so it takes Antidas three times as long to conquer the former Empire as it takes Milty? :v:

also good luck in surgery! :ohdear:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

Wait, so it takes Antidas three times as long to conquer the former Empire as it takes Milty? :v:

also good luck in surgery! :ohdear:

I mean, Antidas clearly has to pacify they conquered folk without religious indoctrination! And Milty just bludgeons or knifes all his problems in the throat :v:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

krisslanza posted:

I mean, Antidas clearly has to pacify they conquered folk without religious indoctrination! And Milty just bludgeons or knifes all his problems in the throat :v:

Obviously I have strayed by doubting High Priest Milty

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

fyi this game is on sale for 8 bux on GOG right now

krisslanza
May 6, 2011
Janissary didn't seem to say they wanted to show off some other endings, but when they finish proper or such, I could boot up my last save and showcase (what I think) is the best ending in the game.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

fyi this game is on sale for 8 bux on GOG right now

Definitely worth it! Even thought Janissary has shown off a lot there's still plenty more in the game to check out.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Jesus I didn't know Milty could end up the god puppet, is that a new(er) addition to the game?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Jack2142 posted:

Jesus I didn't know Milty could end up the god puppet, is that a new(er) addition to the game?

Added thanks to popular demand in post release, one of the last few patches I think.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Surgery went without a hitch. I'm at home with nothing to do but feel pain. Pretty good set up for playing Age of Decadence.

Part 17 - Non-Canon Ending Showcase

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I would feel worse about most of those endings if almost everyone in them didn't deserve what they got.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah i think that's part of the entire thing here. the developers clearly wanted to tell a very dark story and not bother with the whole redemption or happy ending portion - so the main way you make people comfortable with that is you ensure that every last motherfucker in the picture richly deserves every moment of cruelty they get.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
There is another ending in which Paullus can be killed, and through his own hubris at that.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Janissary Hop posted:

This would probably be my favorite ending if it weren't for the canon ending I'm pursuing for Julius.

Um, excuse me, what about Milty's ending? :colbert:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

5/5 LP, really enjoying all the endings you're showing off. Are you planning to call it a day once both your storylines wrap up?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose things are just too far gone to ask them nicely to leave us alone?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

Um, excuse me, what about Milty's ending? :colbert:

*favorite ending in which you character has a definitive fate and may or may not have been murdered

Glazius posted:

I suppose things are just too far gone to ask them nicely to leave us alone?

Once they learned about how sweet having flesh is it was too late. There are a bunch of open doorways still left over that they can communicate through, not to mention per Dungeon Rats the Qantari have already brought at least one back.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

5/5 LP, really enjoying all the endings you're showing off. Are you planning to call it a day once both your storylines wrap up?

No, after this next update I'm done.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Part 18 - Ascension

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

thanks for a great LP

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

thanks for a great LP

Seconding, great way to experience this without actually having to play it.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks for the LP. Bit disappointed we won't get to see some of the other stuff, but that ending was worth it. Ain't every day you can become a literal god.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
This was a great read. Thank you for LP-ing this!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

HannibalBarca posted:

thanks for a great LP

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Since Janissary Hop is done with the LP, I'd like to quickly showcase another interesting ending:

To reach this point, you have to join the Imperial Guard, kill Antidas in Theron when the opportunity arises, blow up Madoraan, kill Meru and wake up Agathoth in the temple. Paullus is then the only remaining lord that can act as the god's puppet.

Edited the conversation together to save space. There is only one single option every time you respond to Paullus.

So there you have it. The player character is dead, all the lords as well, and it is left ambiguous whether the Imperial Army managed to defeat Agatoth in the end.

And Madoraan is apparently rendered permanently uninhabitable if you blow it up.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

This was a great LP. Thanks Mr. Hop.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Are there any other LPs of this game out there, especially for factions or endings not shown here? It's deffo a game I love watching be played, but not at all sure I want to play for myself.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

HannibalBarca posted:

thanks for a great LP

This was fantastic, thank you very much. I'm very glad you did this LP, or I would never have heard about this game.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Nice LP - I had to cheat to get the apotheosis ending the first time I did a loremaster build, cause I'd dump stat'd constitution.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

HannibalBarca posted:

thanks for a great LP

Becoming a physical god with space magic powers is quite an career improvement. Even the Fallout 2 protagonist only had to settle for mayor of a village in Northern California.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I bout the game for 8 bux and am speedrunning through an entire talking based playthrough. It's really possible and I wish more games could let you do something like that.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Excellent LP, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, this game was pretty cool. Heard very mixed things and I can tell that the negatives were exaggerated.

Thanks Janissary Hop for this cool LP!

• Locked thread