Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

This page crashes the poo poo out of every single browser I try to open it on, but I did manage to open it long enough to see that they don't sell Texas gear. Which sucks because that bomber jacket does indeed look sick.

I've never so much as set foot in an American Eagle in my life, much less bought any of their stuff, but if they started selling Texas stuff then that might change. drat Texas's overprotective copyright policies.

EDIT: How are you people opening this page? I'm using the Awful app on my iPad, so maybe that's affecting it? I want to look at their Auburn gear, but Safari and Chrome keep reloading and crashing before I can change the school.

Whatever dumbass designed that page has every single piece of clothing possible on the same page, it's retarded. I've got an i7-6700K and it still gets choked for a few seconds loading it all up. You'll never open that page on a tablet or phone.

https://www.ae.com/shop-by-school-auburn-tigers/tailgate/s-cat/8070059?cm=sUS-cUSD should work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do we know if the shark was still alive?

I mean eventually it was. I cannot speak to its status at the time of coitus

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
PSVue on a phone works really well for rooms where you may not have a Playstation.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Neil Armbong posted:

PSVue on a phone works really well for rooms where you may not have a Playstation.

Works on a roku too.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do we know if the shark was still alive?

:ssh: It wasn't Mac

But yeah it was probably in that weird stunned hypoxic state that douchebags like to torture fish with for weird, lengthy photo ops.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
THAT PARTICULAR shark fucker wasn't Mac, that doesn't mean he's never hosed a shark. His reaction to the story has me more convinced than ever that he is definitely a shark fucker

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
When all the pundits are pumping up Indiana this weekend to avoid discussing how embarrassingly bad OSU looked, remember it for December when Indiana is a 4 win team.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
JT Barrett is bad

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
College football is trash.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

When all the pundits are pumping up Indiana this weekend to avoid discussing how embarrassingly bad OSU looked, remember it for December when Indiana is a 4 win team.

They crushed them after halftime and Indiana is gonna make a bowl

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

They crushed them after halftime and Indiana is gonna make a bowl

Nothing impressive about running down a team with pure depth. Barrett struggled horribly and Indiana passed for like 400 yards and 400 good yards at that. For a team pegged by many to win the CFP that was a concerning game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was every Indiana game against a good opponent in the last 5 years

Also, teams struggle in week 1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Barrett was fine in the second half when receivers actually got open. He wasn't hitting tons of super tough throws but he didn't have to and that's kinda the entire point of OSU's offense. Indiana has a legitimately good defense, was playing a team coordinated by their former head coach in his very first game at his new school, and it was week 1. The secondary is definitely a concern, especially with OU next week but they're breaking in a lot of new DBs and IU's receivers made a lot of tough catches where they were well covered. Cobbs is really good.

IU isn't a great team by any means but they're also not the complete pushover they traditionally were. They have had a bunch of really close games with good teams in the last few years. This game was way less close than a lot of recent IU/OSU games have been.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well if there's one thing kevin wilson is good at, it's beating hoosiers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

well if there's one thing kevin wilson is good at, it's beating hoosiers

my man

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Saban had a player's father flown to a hotel in College Station so he wouldn't have to stay in a shelter from Harvey. I'm not sure, but it appears to be on his own dime, so double good on him. Something something NCAA something.

https://twitter.com/marq_burnett/status/903408505318727680

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Goons overreacting after one game is my favorite time honored tradition. I need to check the tape but I believe that football is 4 quarters not 2.

Also remember that loving a shark is way more normal then having a sleepover at a teenagers house.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 1, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Crotch Bat posted:

Nothing impressive about running down a team with pure depth. Barrett struggled horribly and Indiana passed for like 400 yards and 400 good yards at that. For a team pegged by many to win the CFP that was a concerning game.

:thunk: I believe OSU had 600 yards of offense and were a bad drop away from hanging 50+ on a team a week 1 game with a new OC and co-OC.

The DBs looked legit as gently caress, they did what they needed to do to win the game. D-Line was pretty terrifying too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Simmie Cobbs is going to make a lot of people look like total poo poo this season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thoguh posted:

Works on a roku too.

Yeah but the Roku app does that thing where if you've been watching a game, leave it, and come back to it, it automatically picks up where you left off and it won't let you get it back to live.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is Arizona State going to be really bad? I know New Mexico State has at least progressed to not being the worst team in FBS, but playing them that close still seems like a bad omen.

Always take week 1 with a grain of salt though, so who knows

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, it's another dire year for the state of football in Arizona

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

Whatever dumbass designed that page has every single piece of clothing possible on the same page, it's retarded. I've got an i7-6700K and it still gets choked for a few seconds loading it all up. You'll never open that page on a tablet or phone.

https://www.ae.com/shop-by-school-auburn-tigers/tailgate/s-cat/8070059?cm=sUS-cUSD should work.

The Hokies stuff looks good, if you want all of our retired logos that are no longer officially used by the university. Given the Gobbler is one of them...maybe.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

General Dog posted:

Is Arizona State going to be really bad? I know New Mexico State has at least progressed to not being the worst team in FBS, but playing them that close still seems like a bad omen.

Always take week 1 with a grain of salt though, so who knows

Yes. ASU is going to be really bad. Certain things like the freshman kicker missing an extra point are fair enough to dismiss as week 1 problems. Unfortunately, they were also bad in areas that we knew were bad. The offensive line was lovely. Wilkins still makes poor decisions at QB. Those combined to allow 7 sacks to a team that had 11 sacks last season. The pass defense that was the worst in college football the past two seasons (that's a stat, not an exaggeration) still gave up a ton of yards, long distance third downs, and another big play touchdown. All of the big areas marked for improvement showed none.

Kalen Ballage and N'Keal Harry can play. The new kicker has a good leg and could turn into our third Lou Groza winner. John Humphrey had a good game. Maybe he'll become a good weapon opposite Harry. That's all I've got for positives. The new video board and Pat Tillman statue were both nice.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The Hokies stuff looks good, if you want all of our retired logos that are no longer officially used by the university. Given the Gobbler is one of them...maybe.

Given that Arkansas' newer logos look like poo poo, theirs are pretty cool.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao at osu fans ignoring that they got passed all over by loving indiana and couldn't even manage a touchdown until late in the first half

that should have been a curb stomping right from the opening gun

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

milk milk lemonade posted:

:thunk: I believe OSU had 600 yards of offense and were a bad drop away from hanging 50+ on a team a week 1 game with a new OC and co-OC.

The DBs looked legit as gently caress, they did what they needed to do to win the game. D-Line was pretty terrifying too.

I don't know how you could come away from that game thinking OSU's DBs looked "legit as gently caress." They were getting beat pretty badly for a lot of the game and they were getting away with some pretty bad defensive holding at times (and yet Cobbs was still making catches).

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yesh the use of the VT stack logo makes most of the stuff very meh to me. Also nothing is available in my size so those skinny cunts can gently caress right off anyway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pictured: OSU DBs looking "legit as gently caress"

yeah Cobbs had a hell of a game but come on now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just announced that Kirkland Jr, Tennessee's best LB, is out for the year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

lmao at osu fans ignoring that they got passed all over by loving indiana and couldn't even manage a touchdown until late in the first half

that should have been a curb stomping right from the opening gun

what hey when did I become a osu fan this is hosed up

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

DJExile posted:

Pictured: OSU DBs looking "legit as gently caress"

yeah Cobbs had a hell of a game but come on now

lol did you watch the second half.

It took Indiana forty two passes to get to 420 and they forced two INTs. Yes IU have a really good WR he was a beast. OSU was also starting three new DBs and there was a point where it took three passes to get a completion to their 6'5" WR

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Imagine thinking Indiana's qb not being good means your dbs are legit as gently caress

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
:shrug:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I saw Indiana complete a back shoulder fade and now I need to take stock of my life.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look osu will get into the playoffs and get lucky or get embarrassed depending on the draw.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elephanthead posted:

Look osu will get into the playoffs and get lucky or get embarrassed depending on the draw.

Lucky round one, shoved into the dumpster in the champ game.

Against Indiana :v:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Metapod posted:

Imagine thinking Indiana's qb not being good means your dbs are legit as gently caress

he's not bad, their offensive line is bad and was getting owned by OSU's admittedly very very good defensive line

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I really hope his pregame speech leaks.

https://twitter.com/DavidBVisser/status/903626167302979585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

In the first half, OSU's secondary regularly got dunked on, the o-line looked okay, Barrett couldn't make a pass into any kind of coverage at all, and his receivers couldn't shake the coverage, either. OSU punted five times. In the second half, the DBs kept up with Indiana because they were fresher than the receivers, the o-line looked better because they were fresher than Indiana's D, the OSU receivers could get open because they were fresher than IU's DBs, and Barrett could complete a pass because his dudes could get open--with the bonus that the tired IU DBs weren't able to tackle as well and OSU got a lot more YAC, too. OSU punted once and turned one over on downs.

People are selectively remembering one half of the game or the other. Indiana's conditioning and depth are both worse than OSU's, and it showed in the second half. If you remember that half, you remember Indiana players being regularly outclassed and looking like they are just plain not as good at football, because that's what gassed players look like.

Football is a four quarter game and all that, but man, as an Oregon fan I've been a fan of some teams that relied on conditioning to make up for one deficiency or another. Those teams are the ones that gave all the talking heads the "Oregon has a Power Football Problem" fodder. OSU can go a long way, but they're likely to run into a brick wall at some point in the season.

• Locked thread