Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Prediction- the loser of FSU-Alabama will make the playoff, even with two losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

milk milk lemonade posted:

lol did you watch the second half.

It took Indiana forty two passes to get to 420 and they forced two INTs. Yes IU have a really good WR he was a beast. OSU was also starting three new DBs and there was a point where it took three passes to get a completion to their 6'5" WR

Dude I didn't watch the game, but that's still 10 ypa and a much higher YPC. You aren't allowed to say your DBs were legit as gently caress when you allow 4 players to get over 50 yards receiving, they spread the ball around and you guys weren't locking down anyone. OSU is clearly a good team with better talent and depth than Indiana, so yeah sure they pulled away, but don't defend that as some vintage defensive performance.

42 passes aint even that much for a modern offense when Leach will throw that fucker 70 times in a game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I will be happy to be wrong but I kinda think Bama is going to beat FSU fairly comfortably and the game will probably be super ugly and boring. FSU's oline kinda sucked last year.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Dude I didn't watch the game, but that's still 10 ypa and a much higher YPC. You aren't allowed to say your DBs were legit as gently caress when you allow 4 players to get over 50 yards receiving, they spread the ball around and you guys weren't locking down anyone. OSU is clearly a good team with better talent and depth than Indiana, so yeah sure they pulled away, but don't defend that as some vintage defensive performance.

42 passes aint even that much for a modern offense when Leach will throw that fucker 70 times in a game.

That was 42 completions. They attempted 68

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

MourningView posted:

I will be happy to be wrong but I kinda think Bama is going to beat FSU fairly comfortably and the game will probably be super ugly and boring. FSU's oline kinda sucked last year.

Their loving starting center is fresh off of hip surgery lol were going to eat them alive

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Your DBs are trash and got dunked on by Indiana. Idk what else to tell you.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Look, just because Deondre Francois doesn't know his name and can't tie his shoes anymore doesn't mean their OL was bad per se

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Neil Armbong posted:

Your DBs are trash and got dunked on by Indiana. Idk what else to tell you.

Whoever You Root For Is Worse Than The Buckeyes Most Likely, So I Don't Care (TM)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bama DL : Francois :: McElwain : Shark

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It ain't cool, though.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Whoever You Root For Is Worse Than The Buckeyes Most Likely, So I Don't Care (TM)

Texas, so you're likely right.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Ohio State CBs looked really bad. That said, I think Cobbs and Hale are much better than anyone thinks.

As a whole, Ohio State looked like a team with a really inexperienced secondary, a brand new OC and an O line with a first time starter and other guys in new positions on the line.

There's a lot of poo poo that needs fixed before the second game, but they pretty much looked close to what I thought they would, which is a super talented team with a decent amount of work left to do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This was basically the same Indiana-OSU game we get every year.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

DJExile posted:

that should have been a curb stomping right from the opening gun

That almost never happens in this series. Hell, even in 2014 when Ohio State won the title, Indiana was leading well into the 3rd quarter.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Spencer Hall with a loving great opener, as usual

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

You realize that doesn't really make it much better? 10 YPC is still a not great value. That's basically saying you let Indiana's QB play at a top 20 level when considering how QBs ranked over last season.

No one here is saying OSU isn't going to win a bunch of games, but that first effort wasn't impressive.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 1, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Fsu has Bama and miami front seven in the first three weeks. If Francois survives, give him the Heisman.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

The Notorious ZSB posted:

You realize that doesn't really make it much better? 10 YPC is still a not great value. That's basically saying you let Indiana's QB play at a top 20 level when considering how QBs ranked over last season.

Those YPA would have been bottom fifty last year, on a YPC basis hat would have been the third worst mark in the NCAA.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Holy hell.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Indiana's numbers plummeted because OSU outclassed them with the depth, they were gashing them in the first half. It wasn't dink and dunk bullshit, it was major lapses in coverage leading to entirely too much single coverage for a secondary that green. The worrying thing, as said, is what happens when you meet a team you can't just outlast with depth like oh say, Oklahoma in a week.

OSU will probably be fine if they can get past OU (maybe PSU?) but JT Barrett playing awful for a half and the D going retarded against Baker Mayfield next week is going to get you a big fat loss.

If I was an OSU fan I'd be way more worried about Oklahoma than I was 24 hours ago.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
This is my favorite part of Week 1 every year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Part of my brain is telling me Tulane could lose to Grambling because they were good last year, the other part is telling me Tulane has never lost to an FCS opponent. I hope the season doesn't smash my hopes in week 1. I just want them to get to a bad bowl.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
SWAC teams are really really bad

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

would it make you feel better if a clemson fan said your dbs were trash?

they were trash

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

Indiana's numbers plummeted because OSU outclassed them with the depth, they were gashing them in the first half. It wasn't dink and dunk bullshit, it was major lapses in coverage leading to entirely too much single coverage for a secondary that green. The worrying thing, as said, is what happens when you meet a team you can't just outlast with depth like oh say, Oklahoma in a week.

OSU will probably be fine if they can get past OU (maybe PSU?) but JT Barrett playing awful for a half and the D going retarded against Baker Mayfield next week is going to get you a big fat loss.

If I was an OSU fan I'd be way more worried about Oklahoma than I was 24 hours ago.

Normally I would agree with you but this is still a Mike Stoops coached defense who gave up nearly 800 yards to Mahommes. Hopefully with the addition of Ruffin Mcneill that wont happen again.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

nice meltdown

Henchman of Santa posted:

SWAC teams are really really bad

is lie

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Yah it was a full blown meltdown

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Utah State with the awesome QB quick punt on fourth down to pin Wisconsin inside the 5

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

So I've never reconsidered my allegiance to Miami but this...this is terrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiCzAGBvYE

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

THE Ohio State University.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I'd give it a 0/31.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dilber posted:

So I've never reconsidered my allegiance to Miami but this...this is terrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiCzAGBvYE

Jesus Christ. I cringed the entire time.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao northwestern is favored by 24.5.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

nice meltdown

is lie

Are we making daddy Papagiannis a thing in non-NBA threads?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
It's very weird to have the only rival I actually hate scheduled for Week #1.

gently caress a Hokie forever and ever amen

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is insanely petulant from Harbaugh. Literally every other team has some sort of depth chart by now. There is no reason to do this asides from being a dick. Its a depth chart, not the playbook. You would think the NCAA would crack down on this, but faaaaaaart

imagine being upset by this

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jesus Christ. I cringed the entire time.

It's currently playing on the jumbotron.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EDIT: gently caress

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

I'd give it a 0/31.

:golfclap:

gently caress Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

imagine being upset by this