Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Harbaugh is cool. Michigan and Florida have been playing super coy with their rosters and info

https://mobile.twitter.com/chengelis/status/902194763776090112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE WILDCAT IS COMING BACK TO RUIN YOUR SEASON

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Sash! posted:

This is the sixth meeting between Penn State and Akron. Akron has never come closer than an 18 point loss and been outscored 204 to 60, yielding an average score of 41-12. Working in Akron's favor is that Penn State has declined from scoring 70 in 1999 to just 21 in 2014. In fact, Penn State has scored fewer points in every meeting. However, so has Akron, going from 24 to 3. The last two meetings had a combined score of 52-10.

In conclusion, Akron isn't very good and it is a slow day at work.
Good, we'll get our playoff-hopes-crushing loss out of the way a week earlier this time. :suicide:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mentioned in the last thread earlier today, the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced they would hire Art Briles as an assistant. Cut to an hour ago,
https://twitter.com/CFL/status/902340007528194049

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/902217422270287872

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You've got to wonder what Briles is going to do now. I mean, who's going to hire you for ANYTHING, let alone a football-related job?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

all-Rush mixtape posted:

You've got to wonder what Briles is going to do now. I mean, who's going to hire you for ANYTHING, let alone a football-related job?

Some Texas HS will hire him in a year or two. He may never coach above the HS level ever again though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, I'm sure there's some shithole in Texas that cares more about football than anything else so he'll probably gently caress off back to there and hopefully never appear again in college.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, I'm sure there's some shithole in Texas that cares more about football than anything else so he'll probably gently caress off back to there and hopefully never appear again in college.

Liberty University is in Virginia, actually

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hiding an AD is different from trying to hide an OC or HC, especially with them doing their last year in FCS now. Any FBS team coming within a hundred miles of Briles will take an infinite amount of heat and pressure for it.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Yeah, if a lovely CFL team (I didn't know Hamilton had a team) can't take the heat hiring him as an OC, how is an FBS program gonna weather bringing him back (at least within the next several years)?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Briles ending up there would be fitting.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

pillsburysoldier posted:

Harbaugh is cool. Michigan and Florida have been playing super coy with their rosters and info

https://mobile.twitter.com/chengelis/status/902194763776090112

This is insanely petulant from Harbaugh. Literally every other team has some sort of depth chart by now. There is no reason to do this asides from being a dick. Its a depth chart, not the playbook. You would think the NCAA would crack down on this, but faaaaaaart

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Briles should be at least show-caused but preferably outright barred from ever coaching again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm glad for tha return of footbaw

Imho.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
CATLAB IS BACK

https://mobile.twitter.com/teamcatlab/status/902372225784930305

!!!!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is insanely petulant from Harbaugh. Literally every other team has some sort of depth chart by now. There is no reason to do this asides from being a dick. Its a depth chart, not the playbook. You would think the NCAA would crack down on this, but faaaaaaart

Tennessee hasn't announced a depth chart yet that I know of, though they don't play until Monday.

At the very least they haven't announced who will be the starting QB. All signs point to Dormandy though.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/902231688847208452

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Komet posted:

So Christian Hackenberg then

Without having watched too much Penn State/knowing anything about their offensive playcalling, I am comfortable saying Hackenberg at least had better talent and coaching at Penn State than Lee did at Tulane. It would not shock me if Lee helps Nebraska have a decent/good season. (At the same time it wouldn't shock me if he was a turnover machine.) Tulane's last bowl appearance was 95% off of defense. (and their 3rd string QB/not Lee having random clutch drives.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 29, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This owns, there should be more color vs color games

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why Michigan is so insistent on messing with basically the perfect uniform is beyond me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why Michigan is so insistent on messing with basically the perfect uniform is beyond me.

I'll tell you why.

:homebrew:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Michigan fans took offense when they dared consider kicking off at times other than noon and maybe even *gasp* shooting fireworks. The horror!

You can also imagine their reaction to playing that awful hippy hop music during the game.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Pakled posted:

This owns, there should be more color vs color games

Agreed.

I still think there was a perfect opportunity missed a couple years ago when UK played Tennessee on Halloween. UK was in black, but Vols went white. Should have let them do their home orange for full effect.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Look, I'm not sayin you can't cook some bomb-rear end ribs with some charcoal... But come on man.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Color vs. color games do indeed own, but nothing is ever going to top USC and UCLA doing it

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Lane Kiffin will permanently hire Briles at some point and I'm going to find it hilarious

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dave Bliss keeps finding coaching jobs. Dave fuckin Bliss. He had all of one year (2004) when he was jobless.

Briles will be fine. I mean, the rest of us won't, but he will.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJExile posted:

Michigan fans took offense when they dared consider kicking off at times other than noon and maybe even *gasp* shooting fireworks. The horror!

You can also imagine their reaction to playing that awful hippy hop music during the game.

Their fans all being spiritually 150 years old just makes it weirder. This is the one thing they do for young people that I think is actually dumb, especially because bright yellow uniforms are just ugly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DJExile posted:

Color vs. color games do indeed own, but nothing is ever going to top USC and UCLA doing it

God drat this is beautiful.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

Is Det still alive?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Every Dave Brandon idea was done out of spite and lazy ignorance, making them bad ideas.

https://twitter.com/SteveAdubato/status/892466988173406209

gently caress this guy

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Congrats to the fourth-best UGA QB this century.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can someone crop this image:

Down to avatar size for me? Preferably with the right side cut off and Smokey centered. A border would be nice too - I'll pay for whatever forums upgrade/new avatar for whoever can do it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
good dog

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Can someone crop this image:

Down to avatar size for me? Preferably with the right side cut off and Smokey centered. A border would be nice too - I'll pay for whatever forums upgrade/new avatar for whoever can do it.

like this?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Michigan's unis make them look like giant grey poupon bottles

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

like this?

Maybe not as strong of a border? 2/3 pixels instead? Kind of like Spacebumps av:

Otherwise that looks awesome

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That Bama player who got shot a couple days ago apparently pulled a Plaxico Burress

http://abc3340.com/news/local/bar-owner-believes-she-knows-how-bamas-raekwon-davis-got-shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Maybe not as strong of a border? 2/3 pixels instead? Kind of like Spacebumps av:

Otherwise that looks awesome

• Locked thread