Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

brave is just chrome and bitcoin

servo/quantum is the only new browser and it fuckin rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hYIRQRiws

So either JavaScript, DOM manipulation, or simply the CSS/WebGL integration for transformations. There isn't much content on the page so it looks like it is mainly improving the renderer. Bodes well for other browsers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

* an ugly codebase

Plenty of the code is copy & paste from Mozilla :lol:

I get 8ms GC runs when almost doing nothing. The renderer stalls have been screwing me over when running 60fps animation hence moving out of the DOM to WebGL which is crazy when I can prepare a frame under 100µs.

• Locked thread