Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best one?
This one?
This one.
This one!
Swords are tools for killing Ms Kaoru
View Results

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, at least he didn't insert his pedophilia into his work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tonfa posted:

This certainly gives unfortunate context on why all the women in the series (who were supposed to have fighting skills, mind) were sidelined out of anything important and constantly shown as lesser while the actual 10 year old boy was treated as an equal member of the heroes team, which was pretty grating on the reread to begin with. :sigh:

Certainly hard to recommend the series to anyone ever again despite the many great, iconic things about it. Even I don't want to read anything new even if he is allowed to resume work at some point. poo poo sucks.

i'm not sure what correlation there is between his pedophilia and standard shounen fighting manga tropes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude's gross but it seems like the criminal justice system has it covered. i don't really see the point of scrutinizing everything watsuki has written to find hints about something we already know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are lots of mangaka whose works i like. i would have vastly preferred none of them turned out to be pedophiles, but well, let it all come out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 22, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
:same:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol, anyone else remember that guy whose av for a long time was "more people should read busou renkin"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mikl posted:

I remember some years ago one of the AKB48 girls got caught having a boyfriend (gasp! the nerve of her!) and the producers basically forced her to shave her hair and make a tearful apology for her transgressions live on TV.

What I'm getting at is, while I like Japanese media (with some significant exceptions), their values as a society overall are all sorts of hosed up.

the hosed up parts of other societies often seem worse than the hosed up parts of your own, but rest assured your society completely blows in some ways too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's partly because there are half as many kids as there used to be

• Locked thread