Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best one?
This one?
This one.
This one!
Swords are tools for killing Ms Kaoru
View Results

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Plutonis posted:

Its not available for my people!!! gently caress!

I feel ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a good read, you have convinced me to re-read the manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really liked Shishio as a villain better than Enishi, though I don't think Shishio would have been a good final villain cause that would sorta end the series on a gloomy note, considering the whole thing about Shishio's ideals coming to fruition even after his death because the government pretty much went down the path that he intended to take it.

I also just really enjoyed the conclusion of the arc, the small exchange between Yakihiko and Kenshin on the whole might = right ideology, the entire thing with the government employing (most of) the very rebels it put down, Houji's despair with how the government wouldn't even dare give him a fair trial despite the magnitude of Shishio's rebellion, etc. etc.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd be super down for that, HxH 2011 and FMA: Brotherhood were great remakes.

Though I liked FMA: Brotherhood a bit less on a rewatch.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I had a better look to the re-designed (re-imagined?) Rurouni Kenshin characters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seems like the return will be a brief one?

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/932859280918683648

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Contrary to what that other tweet is saying about not being shocked, this feels really out of the blue for me.

Rurouni Kenshin was really, really, really detatched from that sorta content, and the same goes for what I remember of Busou Renkin.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wow, that's surprising. I can't believe this is the second time I heard of a mangaka getting arrested (the first was Toriko's mangaka).

I'm still amazed that the author was allowed to return.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's really hosed up.

https://twitter.com/NeutralMacaron/status/932871046834917376

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/DogBarkingBees/status/933221660294909952

Welp.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
2017 really is the year of sex crimes coming to light.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're dead (to me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's weird cause the manga had some critical views towards the path that Japan went down on, as mentioned at the end of the Kyoto arc (about Shishio's vision being enacted by the government itself, in a blatant rejection of Kenshin's hopes for the future), which is something that never really occurred to me when I first read it in middle school but came to understand better. After all, one of the results of that path was Japan invading my country.

So I found it surprising to me that a mainstream shounen manga would be willing to go into a topic like that.

So there is a part of me that would like to distinguish between the author and the work, but it's still hard as hell to do so.

• Locked thread