Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best one?
This one?
This one.
This one!
Swords are tools for killing Ms Kaoru
View Results

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hell yeah. I was just rewatching the Kyoto Arc on Netflix because it was so badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also there was a one shot recently about Shishio gathering his homies and it was pretty win.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those manga links are not available in my country....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Its not available for my people!!! gently caress!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thank you!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tbp posted:

lack of power creep is a nice thing in a shonen and is one thing RK does really well throughout, hell the protag is almost never seen at his maximum strength. not much really more to say about this arc but i was always glad with how it ended, kenshin is so incredibly endearing.

Yeah I think the most striking part of RK is how only Kaoru, Yahiko and Sanosuke get stronger and it's on believable ways.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tbp posted:

one thing im not terribly great on, though i've done some reading now, is the historical context of RK. from what i can gather basically its kinda as follows:

- the shogun is the military leader who weilds all the real power in the country but defers to the emperor in purely ceremonial fashion. shogun dominates him otherwise and is the real leader
- samurai were a sort of nobility class that were loyal to the shogun, but they were decreasing in importance around the time of RK
- some clans in japan decided that they needed to restore the real power to the emperor and his family, kenshin sides with these guys and they eventually win
- saito was on the shoguns side

a big mental thing i had to overcome was thinking that this was actually some massive civil war within japan. upon rereading, even tho im still not super clear on a lot of it, it was a big more contained than i woudl think. was kenshins side OK with western influences and the shogun not? if anyone could kinda simply explain this stuff to me i'd really appreciate it

Play Completely Historical Game "Way of the Samurai 4" to find out more

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Enishi gets poo poo on because his orange and purple outfit is ugly as sin. Good villain otherwise. My main complaint about the arc is that only Apokolips and the corpse puppeteer have any presence. The others felt phoned in.

TBH other than Venom mole dude the other two really are just there to fight and didn't gave a poo poo about the people that Kenshin killed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahhh loving Christ. This really bummed my day, that dude was an idol of mine.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah they are still translating Embalming and thats kinda giving me a sour taste in my mouth when I read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

kotakus sending some mixed messages here!!!

• Locked thread