Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best one?
This one?
This one.
This one!
Swords are tools for killing Ms Kaoru
View Results

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay I have two things I need to know. I read Kenshin all the way through, it and Buso Renkin are like my favorite manga, Watsuki is a loving god, so I just need to know two things.

1) Is this a real actual OG canon Kenshin continuation or is this with the reboot movie tie-in thing? I never read the reboot, so if I gotta catch up, I wanna know now.
2) Saito hosed off to Hokkaido at the end of Jinchu, are we finally gonna loving get the Kenshin vs. Saito fight? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the idea is he can still fight but he can't do the ridiculous superhuman feats of strength that Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu entailed, like, he can't do "Shinsoku" anymore. Which yeah I guess would make fighting Saito pretty impossible, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude. Watsuki was like, an inspiration to me when I was younger. Reading Rurouni Kenshin and all the notes he put in about the process of getting it created and published made me wanna create stuff too. I loving love RuroKen and Buso Renkin so much, and I thought the author was like, this incredible creator for making both of those and for being a teacher to Oda and Takei.

I kinda don't know how to process this. This is....extremely hosed up. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, at least he didn't insert his pedophilia into his work.

Kaoru is like twelve years younger than Kenshin. :gonk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Caros posted:

So a thought occured:

Despite the cancellation, the story actually wraps up pretty neatly. The four villains of the arc face off against Saito. Saito murders them all and Kenshin and family go on a fun family vacation. The end.

I mean, really, wouldn't every arc in RuroKen have been improved if it'd gone like this?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yinlock posted:

god drat it busou renkin was so good, and it's bad now

i have to deal with that and it's loving me up

Eh I don't think anything could ever make Papillon bad even his own lovely creator.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hm, it's been a few months, has the moral quandary of two of my favorite written works ever being created by a supporter of the victimization of children gotten any easier to deal with?

It hasn't?

Cool. Guess I'll go back to cringing every time I see one of my Buso Renkin paperbacks. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

P-Mack posted:

Since I'm never gonna watch the rest now, was there any good stuff after the Shishio arc?

Jinchu arc in the manga is roughly as good as the Kyoto arc and better in some places.

• Locked thread