Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best one?
This one?
This one.
This one!
Swords are tools for killing Ms Kaoru
View Results

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Kyoto Arc is still one of my fondest boyhood memories of watching anime and I can't wait for more of the gang. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VJeff posted:

Okay I have two things I need to know. I read Kenshin all the way through, it and Buso Renkin are like my favorite manga, Watsuki is a loving god, so I just need to know two things.

1) Is this a real actual OG canon Kenshin continuation or is this with the reboot movie tie-in thing? I never read the reboot, so if I gotta catch up, I wanna know now.
2) Saito hosed off to Hokkaido at the end of Jinchu, are we finally gonna loving get the Kenshin vs. Saito fight? :catstare:
Isn't Kenshin "crippled" in the sense that he can no longer do Hiten-Mitsurugi properly due to the fact that, while skilled, he lacked the proper build / muscle mass like his master?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mraagvpeine posted:

Also, what's Golden Kamuy?
A pretty drat cool manga (soon to be anime!)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, come on! :cripes:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-23/rurouni-kenshin-hokkaido-arc-manga-resumes-in-june/.130726

Confirmed. It was metaphorically a slap in the wrist. Jesus poo poo.

:cripes:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't the band that talked poo poo about Nichibros and Yui Horie got forced to go on hiatus/break-up for being rude?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

one of the murakami books i read a few years ago had the main character in some sort of weird relationship w/ a young girl but i thought that was supposed to add to the overall eerie feeling

they can't be SERIOUSLY letting this guy back to write the manga through right like lol
You have to be specific because, while I love me some Murakami goodness, the NY Times Bingo from a few years ago, while probably intented as a light-hearted fib, wasn't all that far off the mark when it comes to Murakami liking his recurring themes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e: Wrong thread. gently caress!

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 24, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Watsuki needs help.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, while I think it's still loving reprehensible, I do not think he's beyond help. Of course, that's still gonna be hard as heck.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't Kenshin admit that he would've likely killed himself after the Bakumatsu but decided that doing so would've been the easy way out for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, how old is Goku? He spent a year dead after Piccolo killed him along with Raditz and then he spent like 7 or 8 years dead between Cell's Game and the Bibidi Babidi Boo saga; both Goten and Trunks are still children in the Dragon Ball Super timeline, so it probably hasn't been that long since the BBB saga ended. Plus however many years he spent in the room where 1 year goes by while only 1 day has passed IRL.

• Locked thread