Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

He was either mobbed up or a cop, I think, meant to keep all the women and pimps who wouldn't get on board with the... civic renewal project, I guess, in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I like Abby, she's the first steps into second-wave feminism and that's something pretty cool to explore.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I think you're all just describing character flaws, which aren't really an issue with the writing. She's spiteful and kind of malicious and I think that's coming in part from the fact she's just drifting in a malaise. I think we can all recall a time like that in our lives and eventhough our parents might have been pretty cool people, like Abby's dad, we rebel against them in petty ways.

3Romeo posted:

That whole final episode it was like I forgot what I was watching, because I expected nothing but silly drama. Vincent telling Rudy, "With respect, but gently caress you?" Thought for sure that was Vincent's death-knell, and all Rudy did was laugh and say he'd come around. CC and Ashley, Reggie and Abby, Frankie and the coins - I all expected it to end up, like, Law and Order or some poo poo. Instead things just happened. They got better for some people and worse for others.

Someone brought this up earlier, but the mafia was in a transitional period at the time, leveraging connections in attempt to take their business legit. Rudy doesn't flinch because he's really left the street behind him and has for years probably, plus it's raining dollars everyday. It's a good character moment, rounding him out.

upgunned shitpost fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 1, 2017

• Locked thread