Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Milo and POTUS posted:

60s-80s NYC is like my favorite loving era of aesthetic in movies, rivaled only by pre-handover Hong Kong action movies and maybe 80s LA (think Repo-Man, Terminator). Stuff like The French Connection, Midnight Cowboy, Taxi Driver, etc aren't just great movies on their own they're elevated by the environment. They've done a good job on this show of emulating it, that's for sure. Like you could catch some airborne STD just from walking down the street. Can't wait to see more of it.

I know exactly what you mean. One of these days I need to sit down and write something about what I think about the gentrification that has happened in the last thirty years; I don't think the cities are worse because of gentrification but they are different. If I was given a monkey's paw and I knew that my wish to make NYC affordable again meant the return of the grime and crime that is seen in those films, I would still be very very tempted to make that wish.That is coming from a person who has lived their entire life in small-towns and suburbs and plots their escape to a real city.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread