Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Professor Shark posted:

Cici and Lori snorting coke and slowly getting higher was good, as was Cici's bullshit sell that he probably gives every new girl.

You ever been to Paris?

Yeah all of the copy on the show talks about CC having "complicated inner feelings" but it seemed like he was just running more game on a new ho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

The Deuce was already renewed.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah no that was a kidnap and murder deal at the end of ep. 2 for sure.

The police briefing mentioned that there was a strangulation murder in the area.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Cloks posted:

This is America, right? When do we ever leave a loving dollar for the other guy to pick up?

Peak David Simon.

David Krumholtz got faaaaat.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

AV Club had a good observation about the pizzeria scene and the Viet Nam War: the toy soldiers were literally stuck in a mozzarella quagmire .

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Do the women get any money from prostitution? They give it all to the pimp but I assume he just takes a large percentage. $300 dollars a night is some serious money in the 70s.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

There was a scene this week where Ashley handed CC her take and he handed her back a couple of bills after counting it.

That was for a drink like he was letting her have it as a reward. What I wanted to know is if they get any of their own discretionary money.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Candy is looking like she'll go the way of John Holmes.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

I really wish this show would make it clear if Candy is tired of hooking or not. The ambiguity is killing me!!!

I'm beginning to suspect that selling your body isn't the best career.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Sandra sounded like she was ready to catch the Gambinos talking on a wire.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Why did Ashley balk at working in a brothel? It sounds a lot safer and nicer than working on the street.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Oh yeah. What did the guy try to do to the country girl that freaked her out? I couldn't understand a word of what anyone was saying in that scene.

Try to have sex with her. She isn't cut out for "the life".

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Do we really need to explain why a woman might have had enough of being repeatedly slammed in the crotch by multiple strangers' dicks?

She's a Times Square streetwalker who was cut by her pimp a few episodes ago but being shown the door of the brothel changed her mind.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

drat, I had no idea that was D.

EDIT: drat, didn't know who Larry was either.

Yeah the curls and 70s facial hair threw me off for a few episodes.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

Matty the Horse is real and had a gay club called the Hay Market.

Yeah these guys are the gangsters famous in NY: Vinny the Chin, Joey Gallo, the real Fat Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Unzip and Attack posted:

I could not manage even one iota of empathy for any of the pimps. Watching their scenes was pretty hard because they are such evil scumbags. There's something about what they do, maybe just the constant unbridled cruelty and dehumanizing of the girls. I found the murderous drug dealers of the Wire far more compelling and relatable.

Yeah Larry seemed a little more restrained and then he abandoned one of his girls to a long prison stay just because "the game" wasn't as exciting as it used to be.

• Locked thread