Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie

very carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Lizard Wizard posted:

very carefully

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
*with caffeine

All else is not coffee

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

poverty goat posted:

Also I've never endorsed drip coffee ever before but after growing disillusioned with flavorless cold brew I started doing iced coffee with one of those single cup drip coffee things, brewed directly into ice, and it's the best tasting iced coffee I've ever had

i wasnt lion! :wink:

i never liked coffe here in nc but in sai gon it was so yum :shrug:

Paragon_Dawn
This entirely depends on your dependency on coffee, but a blender can be used in place of your press. Load the water, sugar and beans in, give it a good blast. Make sure to add milk after. One can create an iced coffee by replacing the water with ice and applying whipped cream after.

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
some medical fellows from Saudi Arabia shared a good one with me a couple years ago. brew the coffee with a little cardamom, clove, and ginger, then serve with milk. a little ceylon cinnamon or fresh nutmeg doesn't go amiss either. (cassia cinnamon kinda makes it taste way too christmassy.) i usually do this with less expensive beans. as for the ginger, use fresh, frozen, or freeze-dried, but not ground. i suppose candied ginger would be interesting if you take your coffee sweet.

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

wearing a lampshade

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

some medical fellows from Saudi Arabia shared a good one with me a couple years ago. brew the coffee with a little cardamom, clove, and ginger, then serve with milk. a little ceylon cinnamon or fresh nutmeg doesn't go amiss either. (cassia cinnamon kinda makes it taste way too christmassy.) i usually do this with less expensive beans. as for the ginger, use fresh, frozen, or freeze-dried, but not ground. i suppose candied ginger would be interesting if you take your coffee sweet.

This sounds good. I grind mine with star anise and vanilla bean powder.

wearing a lampshade

Basically all of the spices in pho but in coffee

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
hey here's a question for some of the coffee nerds that google hasn't been able to give me a straight answer for- a friend gave me a variety of odd teas- Russian caravan, fennel, some others, but also some chicory as well. what would be the best way to go about incorporating the chicory into my coffee?

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 2, 2017

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

poverty goat

Sometimes I throw in a green cardamom pod per scoop or two of beans in the grinder and then give it a dash of cinnamon after brewin :yum:

POOL IS CLOSED

cardamom coffee is beautiful. pho coffee sounds really good, too!

Starman Super DX posted:

hey here's a question for some of the coffee nerds that google hasn't been able to give me a straight answer for- a friend gave me a variety of odd teas- Russian caravan, fennel, some others, but also some chicory as well. what would be the best way to go about incorporating the chicory into my coffee?

check it out: https://honest-food.net/because-i-can-vol-2-chicory-coffee/

Piso Mojado

i dont need to grind my own beans because the store actually sells some pre ground

gleebster

Only a howler
Still using a French press? I think the cognoscenti all recognize that an Ethiopian press is the real deal.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

gleebster posted:

Still using a French press? I think the cognoscenti all recognize that an Ethiopian press is the real deal.
i dont use a french press i use a freedom press :911:

wearing a lampshade

I use an atlantean press, it's pretty popular in the hollow earth where pressures allow them to make really dank brews

POOL IS CLOSED

albany academy posted:

I use an atlantean press, it's pretty popular in the hollow earth where pressures allow them to make really dank brews

tsw told me that the hollow earth is full of bees. do you take honey in your coffee?

i feel like it enhances the buzz

wearing a lampshade

Yeah but it's a very elaborate process and I'm sure you don't want to hear me drone on about it

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
started using a badger brush to dust off the knurls of my hand turned burr grinder between slowly grinding each bean and I've noticed i definitely want to kill myself slightly less now

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
competently

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

- buy it flowers
- thoughtful and flattering but very mildly suggestive compliments
- be rich, attractive, tall, successful, confident, or fake it till you make it

do not neg the coffee, you'll just make it bitter

byob historian

oh another good way to make coffe is to mix instant coffe into a cup of coffe, that way it works twice as hard to wake you up

vanisher

*tapping instant coffee crystals into my French press*

byob historian

yeah it was one of those things i figured out opening the restaurant after partying or makin music all nite, woke me up enough to finish lunch though . . .

we had some vietnamese instant coffe with sugar and powdered creamer in it so it was like super overdrive coffee + sugar rush

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
forcefully out your rear end

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

I thank each bean for being here and whisper them words of encouragement while I put them in a cup with hot water

I let the coffee beans democratically decide how they brew themselves

Starman Super DX

1. Drink a hot cup of coffee
2. Wait about 15 minutes or so
3. Go to the bathroom

Tell me more!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Business Gorillas posted:

I thank each bean for being here and whisper them words of encouragement while I put them in a cup with hot water

You monster.

Think of the cold brew beans

Starman Super DX

Business Gorillas posted:

actually, I like how this is similar to the whack-a-mole thread but with coffee

Tell me more!

POOL IS CLOSED

I keep my beans off balance and under high pressure in a stressful work environment. Everything about their work stations is Taylorized so that they always know they're being watched. they know who owns them. Under these conditions, the beans practically roast and brew themselves.

wearing a lampshade

I first start off with a list of things that I have disliked about my coffee in the past, going into very fine detail the exact specific things that I thought were not up to par. I don't refer to any of the coffees by name, but I give enough detail that anyone would easily know which coffee I'm referring to, but vague enough that I could plausibly deny it to HR if it ever came to that.

I then present a PowerPoint of a multi step action plan, itemized according to the preceding "areas of improvement", and trust that I have sufficiently terrorised the coffee enough to meet my expectations.

City of Glompton

I was recently introduced to the concept of the bripe method, op you should try it and give us a trip report

Manifisto

sure but who can afford tungsten these days?

Scaly Haylie

https://twitter.com/markpopham/status/907607115073810432

Starman Super DX

excuse me, sir? sir?? the hipster café breakfast thread is that way ^^

Tell me more!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
ceci n'est pas une bripe

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

alnilam

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

ceci n'est pas une bripe

POOL IS CLOSED

:psyduck: what the heck how does that work

coffee extracted through the malignant indifference of he who phlogistates, the barista beneath the grounds, fell magistrate of the black bitter blood of the earth

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
:stare: I will have to try adding a pinch of lovecraftian horror to my next brew, perhaps it will emphasize the earthiness

Starman Super DX

Hugh Malone posted:

:stare: I will have to try adding a pinch of lovecraftian horror to my next brew, perhaps it will emphasize the earthiness

Oh that reminds me. My girlfriend got me some of these guys' coffee for Christmas last year. It was pretty good.

https://www.blackcraftcult.com/collections/coffee

Tell me more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir

He'll tire eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpTzXqKMbo

• Locked thread