Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

:siren::siren::siren:THERE WILL BE NO SPOILER TAGS FOR LIFE IS STRANGE 1 HERE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED FOR LIFE IS STRANGE GTFO:siren::siren::siren:

Coming off the out of nowhere success of their super mega smash hit, Dontnod has announced that they will be making Life Is Strange 2 and they...

...wait, this isn't that? What the heck is this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVq3JMcA9qQ

Oh, ok.

Welcome to Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. A prequal to a beloved game that kind of no one asked for made by a different studio than the original.

What is Life Is Strange

Life Is Strange is a telltale style adventure game released on PC/PS4/XBONE through-out 2015 that followed the tale of Max Caulfield, an awkward hipster who mysteriously gains the power to rewind time as she tries to unravel the mysteries of Arcadia Bay, most importantly the threat of an impeding typhoon/tornado/hurricane thing that threatens the entire town. Pulling elements and inspiration from Twin Peaks, Telltale adventure mechanics, teenage high school drama, and Tumblr, the game was a unique take on a style of adventure game that had grown to become increasingly stale over the years. Max could use her time control powers to manipulate people, gain information, gain standing among her classmates, and make sure she ended every scenario with the outcome she preferred, even when there was no clear 'right answer'. The rest of this post and thread will certainly contain spoilers for the game so if you have not played it get the gently caress out and play it, seriously.

What is Life Is Strange, really?

Life is Strange is the tale of super awkward, mega hipster Max Caulfield as she and her often dead-then-not-dead friend Chloe Price investigate the disappearance of Chloe's friend Rachel Amber, as well as a series of bizarre and increasingly concerning events happening in Arcadia Bay. Long story short; Rachel dead, the super cool, hip photo teacher is a creepy serial killer, the son of the guy who owns the town is mentally ill and was in on it, and ultimately Max must choose between the life of Chloe, or to allow the town to be destroyed by the storm. Also the storm was caused by time travel and time travel is actually bad guys, no really it's bad.

What is Life Is Strange: Before the Storm

16 year old edge lord Chloe Price has been in a downward spiral since the death of her father 2 years previous as well as her best friend Max Caulfield moving to Seattle and falling out of contact. However, she meets a girl named Rachel Amber, and nothing was ever the same. The game is centered around how the two met, and how their relationship developed into the extremely complex state that it was in during the events of Life Is Strange. Max Caulfield is seemingly absent totally (save for a bonus episode provided with the deluxe version) and there is no time control mechanic.

It is also worth noting that Ashley Burch, who was the critically acclaimed voice actress who played Chloe in the original, is not reprising her role due to a labor strike.

So no time travel... what's the hook?

Uh.... you get to learn about Rachel Amber? We get to spend more time in the world of Arcadia bay? There is also a new 'Backtalk' system that seemingly allows Chloe to harness her edge lord powers and antagonize people or get out of situations depending on how you make decisions.

Without time travel, this game will likely be just another telltale style adventure game, which is a disappointment to say the least. Still, we don't know that much so there is still time to surprise us!

Characters

Chloe Price
Everyone's favorite counter culture try hard is back and more angsty than ever. Serves as our protagonist and has the amazing power backtalk which allows her to yell at people until they do what she wants because of how annoying she is, or they pity her, it's hard to tell sometimes. Has severe dad problems.

Rachel Amber
Chloe's new friend who she meets after getting into a fight with a bunch of idiots at a punk show. But will their relationship become more???? Who knows, let's find out. May also have severe dad problems?

William Price
Chloe's very dead dad. Died in a car accident picking up his wife from the grocery store. Is dead so definitely will not show up in any capacity, no way no how. Did I mention he died?

Joyce Price
Chloe's Mother who is a waitress (or maybe a cook sometimes? It's unclear) at the local diner. Love's her daughter and wants the best for her despite the fact that she is constantly acting like a 15 year old on hormonal steroids. Is currently dating...

David Madson
Everyone's favorite Security Guard unemployed, gun loving, surveillance loving, war vet is back and he is just how we remember him! An rear end in a top hat, that is. But maybe he means well???

Max Caulfield
The protagonist in the first game is technically a character, though unseen. Moved away shortly after William's death and is the absolute worst at staying in touch in literally any capacity, leaving Chloe crushed. Most of Chloe's journal entries are written as sapphic pseudo-letters to her.

Frank Bowers
Drug dealer with a heart of gold. Love's dogs and beans.

Elliot Hampden
Is new Warren, in that he is a fuckboy. It is yet to be seen if he likes going ape.

Release dates

Episode 1: August 31st, 2017
Episode 2: TBD
Episode 3: TBD

Platforms

PC
PS4
Xbone

16.99$ USD for the complete season
24.99$ USD for the Deluxe edition

Deluxe Edition features:
- Bonus Episode: ‘Farewell’ - play one last time as a young Max Caulfield in a special bonus episode.
- Exclusive New Mixtape Mode – Design your own playlist from the Life is Strange licensed soundtrack and listen to it alongside a cinematic scene from the game.
- Exclusive outfit pack - Change up Chloe's look with three new complete outfits: Punk Doe, Hawt Dawg Man & Illuminati outfits.

I will admit that everything we have seen so far has made me a little bit concerned. However, I loved the first game so much that I pretty much have to play this. I'm sure a lot of other feel the same way. Discuss!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I bought this and will play it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I feel like this game will make or break depending on whether they nail the characterizations of the cast. Really hurts that they didn't get Ashley Burch back to voice Chloe, but at least the devs brought her in to consult on the character? Guess we'll see how much of that helps. I'm not sure how much of a detriment no time mechanic will be. Arguably one of the best parts of the original game was when you didn't have access to it all when you try to talk down Kate from jumping.. I hope Before the Storm can make scenes as good as that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

I feel like this game will make or break depending on whether they nail the characterizations of the cast. Really hurts that they didn't get Ashley Burch back to voice Chloe, but at least the devs brought her in to consult on the character? Guess we'll see how much of that helps. I'm not sure how much of a detriment no time mechanic will be. Arguably one of the best parts of the original game was when you didn't have access to it all when you try to talk down Kate from jumping.. I hope Before the Storm can make scenes as good as that.

I think the fact that those powers being taken was a big reason that scene was as impactful as it was. The voice acting in the e3 stuff definitely was... not good so Ashley Burch being gone definetly will be rough.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 30, 2017

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think the fact that those powers being taken was a big reason that scene was as impactful as it was. The voice acting in the e3 stuff definitely was... not good so Ashley Burch being gone defiantly will be rough.

That's a very good point. Realizing you don't have that crutch really made things tense. I'm pretty forgiving for voice acting, so the E3 stuff wasn't a dealbreaker, but yeah, I really hope it improves down the line.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Today is the day, however I also need a paycheck so it will have to wait until 5 PM :argh:

I am very ready for teenage angst and hopefully a handful of hotdog man references

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life is Strikebreaking: Before the Scabs

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The game pretty much starts with Chloe hopping a knee high fence and then flipping it off, so at least they nailed her character.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Speaking of fences, I am top of it, please trip report so I know which side to go down from. TIA

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Installing it now, will hopefully get to play some tonight. I'm wary, but I really hope it's good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Installing it now, will hopefully get to play some tonight. I'm wary, but I really hope it's good.

Based on the reviews I've seen so far the game is disappointing at best, maybe things will pick up in the remaining episodes though. But then again, if you've experienced the original all the way through you already pretty much know everything that's going to happen in this game.

Basically unless they decide to break canon in the final episode with an alternate ending or two, no matter what happens things pretty much have to end miserably for almost every one involved in this story (then again, that was pretty much the case in the original. Only difference is now we know ahead of time).

Not sure if I'll buy it or not but it does still look interesting enough to watch a playthrough of at least.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 31, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

I just got a choice on whether to accept or decline a fist bump from David Madson.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Paul Zuvella posted:

I just got a choice on whether to accept or decline a fist bump from David Madson.
i felt a bit of buyer's remorse for pulling the trigger on the $25 version but after reading this im good

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't think this is a prequel that really needed to exist, but I like the original game so much that there was no way I wasn't going to play this (especially when it was 25% off on Green Man Gaming last week).

Hopefully it's not a complete trainwreck, and if it is I hope it's at least entertaining. :ohdear:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So the game essentially opens with the demo that was given at e3. I am a bit beyond that (I'm guessing 1/4 of the way through) but have some thoughts.

a) They characterize younger Chloe pretty well. She is extremely open about her abandonment issues with both her dad and Max Her journal is basically one giant letter to max
b) The voice acting gets WAY better after the intro sequence. It's kind of weird. The girl playing Chloe is actually not terrible, but it is a bit odd hearing her with a different voice.
c) They do a good job making characters look a bit younger
d) As I was worried about, there is a general lack of goals and focus. The game so far has not really done much to get me invested outside of revisiting Arcadia Bay.

Other than that, the problems of the game are kind of the same as the original. The writing is pretty cringy sometimes. Also, since there is no rewind mechanic to manipulate conversations, the flow of dialogue has been awkward at times to make sure you can get everything you need out of a conversation in one go.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

So the game essentially opens with the demo that was given at e3. I am a bit beyond that (I'm guessing 1/4 of the way through) but have some thoughts.

a) They characterize younger Chloe pretty well. She is extremely open about her abandonment issues with both her dad and Max Her journal is basically one giant letter to max
b) The voice acting gets WAY better after the intro sequence. It's kind of weird. The girl playing Chloe is actually not terrible, but it is a bit odd hearing her with a different voice.
c) They do a good job making characters look a bit younger
d) As I was worried about, there is a general lack of goals and focus. The game so far has not really done much to get me invested outside of revisiting Arcadia Bay.

Other than that, the problems of the game are kind of the same as the original. The writing is pretty cringy sometimes. Also, since there is no rewind mechanic to manipulate conversations, the flow of dialogue has been awkward at times to make sure you can get everything you need out of a conversation in one go.

It does look a bit nicer than the original in some aspects I will admit (the character models can actually emote properly for one). Out of curiosity, does the first episode give us any indication as to what this game's plot is actually about beyond what Chloe was up to while Max was in Seattle?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Hard to say at this point but the ending reveals that Rachel has some kind of wind power she can call when she screams so I imagine we'll get a reason for the storm in LiS. . Other than that it's a lot of "hey, here's what this character was like a few years ago, here's what their relationship with Chloe was like."

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 1, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

internet celebrity posted:

Hard to say at this point but the ending reveals that Rachel has some kind of wind power she can call when she screams so I imagine we'll get a reason for the storm in LiS.

Well, can't say I saw that one coming. Though then again there are some theories that she was the one guiding Max through the first game and might even have been the source of her getting her powers to begin with so her having some kind of supernatural ability isn't too far out of the realm of possibility here.

Speaking of Max, has there been any new information released about the bonus episode starring her that was included with the Deluxe version of the game? And somewhat related, but as far as you can tell were they able to get any of the old voice cast back for this game?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Max, has there been any new information released about the bonus episode starring her that was included with the Deluxe version of the game? And somewhat related, but as far as you can tell were they able to get any of the old voice cast back for this game?

From what I can tell, the only person who appears to be any different is Chloe, Frank kind of sounds like he may be different too. Ashley Burch appears to be the only union person on the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

From what I can tell, the only person who appears to be any different is Chloe, Frank kind of sounds like he may be different too. Ashley Burch appears to be the only union person on the game.

Makes sense since she's about the only one (aside from Daniel Bonjour(Frank) who had a role on The Walking Dead) who had any real acting experience going into the first game (Hannah Telle (Max) is a singer but as far as I know LiS was her first acting experience). I kind of thought David had been changed at least as he sounded a bit softer in the footage I saw though that could have just been my imagination.

I'm almost positive Nathan is the same at least as his actor had a rather distinctive voice. Still though, it's nice they at least seemed to be able to get back most of the cast even if they couldn't have all of them.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 1, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Just finished it. There were ups and downs. The writing and dialogue is definitely all over the place. Conversations don't flow very naturally at times. Also Chloe and Rachel's relationship seems a bit forced, but given that there is supposed to be some sort of unique connection between the two it makes a little sense, and the characters acknowledge it too. The ending did not really set up what is going to be the over-arching plot of the series, though it left some good hooks that make me interested in what happens next. Highlight of the episode was 100% Playing D&D for some strange reason.

Overall, the lack of a gameplay hook really hurts the game. There was no real puzzle that came close to any of the time control mechanics on the first series, and the lack of a boogy-man or mystery is hurting the stories motivation.

Still, it's cool to see these characters again, and cool see arcadia bay. I'd probably give it a... 7/10? I think that's where I'm sitting at it.

Oh the worst thing is easily This character Eliot, who the game does not set up at all, gives you no context as to what his relationship with Chloe is, what she thinks about it, and the literal first thing he does when you see him for the first time is ask you on a date. it's really weird and bad. It's also your only interaction with him the entire episode.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 1, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I decided to watch a playthrough online for now. So far, aside from the lack of a real gameplay hook beyond what you'd see in your average Telltale game, this isn't completely terrible. New Chloe still doesn't hold a candle to Ashley Burch but you get used to her after a while.

Aside from the reveal that Rachel has some sort of power at the end the lack of real story hooks kind of doesn't sit well for me (especially seeing as this game only has 3 episodes to the previous one's 5). Whereas in the first one you could tell something was going on right away (the vision of the storm, Max's power, Rachel's disappearance, hints that something was going on with Kate, etc.).

There's enough to get you intrigued a bit at the very least but I hope that the remaining episodes (and the proper sequel DontNod is working on) will end up being a little better (I agree that the D&D game was probably the highlight of the whole thing). I kind of liked how Chloe's journal is basically just one long letter to Max though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 1, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oh yeah the other thing that made me die a little was Chloe writing to max in her diary about how she masturbated while thinking about the lady from Blade Runner :nms:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Just reached Blackwell, and I'm loving it so far.

Don't gently caress with Barb. Chloe getting sad that her character died is super real. :cry:

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 1, 2017

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh yeah the other thing that made me die a little was Chloe writing to max in her diary about how she masturbated while thinking about the lady from Blade Runner :nms:

Did you check the diary during the dream sequences with David in the car? There's a sketch of Max hanged from a tree and a few awful text messages. One from Max said something like "I'll see you when you're dead." I feel like this game generally paints Max in a pretty bad light, Chloe's anger in LiS makes a bit more sense now.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Hard to say at this point but the ending reveals that Rachel has some kind of wind power she can call when she screams so I imagine we'll get a reason for the storm in LiS. . Other than that it's a lot of "hey, here's what this character was like a few years ago, here's what their relationship with Chloe was like."

I read this spoiler by accident and mega LOL if this is true.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Robiben posted:

I read this spoiler by accident and mega LOL if this is true.

I didn't read as much into it as the guy who posted, I don't actually think she has does

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Paul Zuvella posted:

I didn't read as much into it as the guy who posted, I don't actually think she has does

Oh sure, if what is said IS true then its extremely funny to me. But my fiance and I were absolute fiends for the first game so i'll probably play this one and find out for myself. Gonna wait till its all released though.

Edit: Not like my av gives it away or anything.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Just finished the first episode.

I really liked it! Maybe didn't have as strong as a start as Chrysalis, but I'm still pretty invested.

-Even without the time mechanic, I feel like there's still a bunch of weird poo poo going on that could be really neat. The raven, the weird symbols, the mysterious tattoo lady, the odd stuff going on with Rachel (suddenly forgetting she's playing the game on the train and the wind thing at the end, although that could just be more symbolic than anything), and Chloe's nightmares really added to the "Strange" aspect of the series.

-Gameplay wise it was straightforward, but there were some cool ways the game uses the conversations and actions. I enjoyed the Deus Ex style dialog battles, the D&D section was fantastic, choosing whether to cheat the lying game was clever, and having all the prompts say "Smash" at the end reminded me of the interesting ways Season 1 used the prompts during the Max nightmare sequence.

-I very much enjoyed the characters and their interactions (except for Eliot I guess, who's seems to be Warren rehashed), and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next with them. I have a really sinking feeling that something really bad happened between Skip and Samantha. Was weird at first not hearing Ashley Burch as Chloe, but Rhianna DeVries captures the spirit of the character well and enjoyed her performance.

-I think the episode did a good job hitting emotional beats. I felt like it would make more sense for Chloe to be irrationally angry with Joyce, so that conversation was painful (as it should have been). The interactions between Chloe and Rachel were pulled off well, I thought, and I was invested in their emotional moments. Chloe finding the car William was killed in was a huge :stare: moment that was like a punch to the gut. The rusted blood in the driver's side made it even more chilling.

At the very least, it's more of the same "Life is Strange," which can be either good or bad depending how you feel. I thought it was a solid first episode with a couple very bright spots that I really liked. I don't think it will convert people to being fans, but as someone that loved Season 1, the episode put to rest most of my fears that the devs wouldn't be able to capture the feel of the game. I hope the plot ramps up in episode 2, but I was not disappointed at all.

Did you check the diary during the dream sequences with David in the car? There's a sketch of Max hanged from a tree and a few awful text messages. One from Max said something like "I'll see you when you're dead." I feel like this game generally paints Max in a pretty bad light, Chloe's anger in LiS makes a bit more sense now.

There are a couple ways to read those texts. From top to bottom it goes:

Don't worry.
I'm going to see you real soon.
When you're dead.

But, if you take a closer look, the time stamps seem to be backwards. So the other reading is:

When you're dead.
I'm going to see you real soon.
Don't worry.

Those are two very different impressions of Max. The first one paints Max as pretty callous, but the second seems like a sad hope that maybe if Chloe died, Max would finally return to her and they'll be friends again. (And it sorta kinda foreshadows the first game?)

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 1, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Those are two very different impressions of Max. The first one paints Max as pretty callous, but the second seems like a sad hope that maybe if Chloe died, Max would finally return to her and they'll be friends again. (And it sorta kinda foreshadows the first game?)

Considering the first time Max meets Chloe in that game is when she gets shot in the bathroom I'd hazard a guess that was an intentional reference on their part, yes

But yeah, after seeing the first episode in full I take it back. While it's a lot more rough around the edges in some parts there's some potential in there as well. We already know from the first game that things can't end well for anyone involved here but maybe they'll throw a few curve balls here and there.

Have they announced when the remaining episodes are coming out yet (I only got into Life is Strange a little while after all 5 episodes were out so I don't know how far in advance they know these things)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 1, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit slow in places but once it got moving, I was pretty hooked.

Random thoughts:

A) The highlight of the whole thing was definitely the D&D game. Chloe was so into it, it was great.
B) The backtalk mechanic was pretty fun. I managed to clear all of them but I hosed up the last one when you're trying to steal the wine.
C) Go into your settings menu and look at the subtitle font size. You've got three options. Normal, Large, and HELLA LARGE. That caught me off-guard and got a legit laugh out of me.
D) Rachel definitely has some sort of wind power. The special effects during the final scene with her were too large and obvious for it to not be the case. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see how it goes.

One question. What did you guys get as your end-of-episode stinger? I had Chloe trying to hold a door shut while the t-shirt vendor from the mill screamed NO ONE STEALS MY MONEY at her from the other side. I'm curious how that's changed for people that didn't do that particular event.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I got the same stinger despite not taking the money, so I'm guessing it's probably not the t-shirt vendor but someone else Chloe gets mixed up with in the next episode.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot, which is a relief considering all the ways it could've gone wrong. It still could I guess, but for now I'm happy and I'll totally run through it again for the collectables I missed and various bits of alternate dialogue. There's a collectibles mode after the end credits, too. I can't remember if the original LiS had that.

Like the rest of you, my main highlight is probably the D&D game, so I can't help but wonder if Chloe's elf is doomed to die from bloodthirsty GMing or if you can survive that last encounter. Can't wait to find out.

As for the twist with Rachel, some of y'all have already theorized a connection between her wind powers and the storm, so I'll take that a step further and wonder if maybe it was caused by her death. I never completely bought anything Warren was saying in Episode 5; he's smart, but he's no physicist, and everything he thinks he knows about time travel is borrowed from movies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, if you think about it there was no real concrete evidence that Max actually caused the storm (plus other factors like her dreaming about it before she got her powers and hints that the Prescotts knew about it as well, not to mention the fact that it was still coming/already came in both alternate timelines Max visited).

She basically just decided to take Warren's theory at face value and that was it. So Rachel possibly having something to do with it is an interesting twist.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 1, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Well for one the storm literally does not exist in the ending where Chloe dies

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Well for one the storm literally does not exist in the ending where Chloe dies

That we know of at least. Though the implication that the universe randomly granted a teenager time powers only to punish her for actually using them (and the first time was an accident at that) never really sat that well with me, plus why would that specific moment be the trigger compared to all the stuff she does later in the game (also, that still doesn't explain why the Prescotts knew about the storm too or why Max had a vision about the storm before she even got her powers to begin with)? To be fair, this game might end up shedding a bit of light on that subject depending on where they're going with this.

I have a feeling that if she pops up again in the sequel we're going to be seeing a very different Max Caulfield than the one we're used to no matter which ending they decide to follow up on (if they decide to acknowledge the original at all that is, as it's most likely at this point we're going to be getting a brand new cast and setting).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 1, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

I have a feeling that if she pops up again in the sequel we're going to be seeing a very different Max Caulfield than the one we're used to no matter which ending they decide to follow up on (if they decide to acknowledge the original at all that is, as it's most likely at this point we're going to be getting a brand new cast and setting).

Dontnod has already said the sequal won't have any connection to the original. It's an anthology series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dontnod has already said the sequal won't have any connection to the original. It's an anthology series.

That's what I figured, though throwing in an easter egg or two probably wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility (even if it's just something small like a Hot Dog Man statue or a picture of a butterfly).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 1, 2017

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Paul Zuvella posted:

Have they? When?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Varam posted:

Have they? When?

They've pretty much been saying the next game would most likely feature a completely new cast for a while now. Besides, I'm not really sure how you'd do a direct sequel to the original unless you went off the Sacrifice the Bay ending or something.

But yeah, I'd say the odds of seeing anyone from the first game pop up in the sequel are pretty slim at this point (which is ok, their story is pretty much done. Now it's time for some other poor sap to suffer).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
on a scale of 1-10 how gay is this game because that will determine my buying decisions

• Locked thread