Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cage posted:

I once bought a cpu off someone on craigslist who somehow erased the technical details printed on a low end chip, and then put it in a higher end cpu box. I looked at it, thought it was weird it was missing but thought maybe they didn't do it anymore and jokingly said "heh heh youre not trying to scam me right?" and still bought it like a fool. I am still salty about it 5 years later.

Sometimes people will lap the IHS for better surface area contact with the cooler, so he could have done that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cage posted:

Well he also scammed me so he probably just planned on that the whole time.

Sure, I'm just trying to explain the "somehow."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Does anyone know what font the official Cars and Coffee logo uses?

WhatTheFont says it's Avenir.

• Locked thread