Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Enourmo is in Orlando as well.
I'm in St.Pete on the central west cost so it looks like we might be spared if the current spaghetti plots are accurate.
[e] this is a good twitter feed if anyone wants to keep track of it.
https://twitter.com/Adriansweather
My grandfather is in a assisted care facility in St. Pete so we're watching this storm very close. I offered to go pick him up last weekend but it sounds like the place is taking good care of everyone.

Any Florida goons, or anyone else in the path, I have an empty house in Knoxville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Wow they just can't catch a break

Once it's safe to fly it sounds like they'll be evacuating people from the Caribbean to Knoxville. Wife's unit is prepping food and tents today and possibly this weekend. No set date on when they'll arrive since their runway is rubble.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 8, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Eh typo, Philippines are ok so far. Caribbean I guess, whatever islands down there the US owns.

Mexico got hit with a 8.1 earthquake last night as well. Largest since mid 80's

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 8, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Who knows, fb doesn't answer emails or respond to their appeal process. I stopped trying to get it back after 5 days or so.

They're impressively terrible at account recovery it seems. Brother's account got hacked by someone overseas that only writes in Arabic. Despite my brother having his account for probably 10+ years they wouldn't believe him the account was hacked when it suddenly started posting in Arabic. He eventually just gave up but wants to give it another shot since he was using it as a place to store photos.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I really should replace the main bathroom tub faucet, but that's a pain with tile and all. Of course, the tile is not great either, nor is the tub. So, basically, I need to remodel the bathroom - it's pretty much all 1964. Pity, the tub is cast iron, but the enamel is chipped around the drain. I'll see if that can be fixed cost effectively, but pretty much everything else needs to go. The tile has already tried to fall off the wall, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any concrete backer board behind it.
We had the tubs and kitchen sink re-coated at the new place, guy did it in a day for around $700 and they look brand new. He fixed cracks/dings then sprayed the stuff on and it's working great. Other option is bathfitters or similar that can put a custom fit liner over the entire thing. We did this at the wife's house to rent it and again they did a great job.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rascal is probably going to have to be put down :(
gently caress I'm sorry man

Finished up the old house for the photographers today, they'll shoot at 2pm Friday and it'll be listed by midnight Friday. Got really lucky and was able to match the old paint so we only had to touch up rather than repaint the whole place. There's still some things that I need to to before an inspector comes through but we finally got the major stuff done. Buying a house isn't bad, renovating while moving into it isn't terrible but getting a house ready to sell has been stressful as gently caress for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I wonder if it would be cheaper if I bring them the tub. I could do the fitted liner thing, but *I* would know that there was (very) questionable wallboard (or lack thereof) and tile behind it, and I'm not sure I could live with myself.

Her house was built in the 40's and the wood behind the shower surround area was pretty nasty. The bathfitter guys replaced the bad lumber, fixed a leaky faucet and brought everything up to modern code. We knocked all the tile down the day before he arrived and had started removing the rotted wood when he showed up and took over. I don't think it was cheap but they did a really good job and I think they have a pretty good warranty on any work done.

• Locked thread