Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
da fuq? It's September?

anywho my coworker and I have calculated that we have eaten 132 pieces of chicken from this new korean fried chicken place since it opened on Monday.
I might be needing some Immodium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

everdave posted:

If anyone sees this tonight 8/31 and is somewhere you have uber eats PM me fast I have a $15 credit from My AMEX expiring tonight (this means you can order something $10 or less). Prefer someone who has used UberEATS before and know what they want and can message me fast.

I wish I were hungry.

InitialDave posted:

Posting in the 3rd page of the September chat thread to say it's now the 1st of September.

Not yet. Not where it matters. :911:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Day 5 of fried chicken.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
This is amazing.
Some nutjob flies straight into Puerto Rico between hurricane bands, lands for 52 minutes and gets the gently caress out of there before the hurricane hits.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/905487561182908416

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Sorry for all the people who don't have a house after Irma, but I'm about to move into my new one and my wife is losing her goddamned mind over moving in.
It doesn't help that her mom wants us to pick different pieces of furniture up on different days. She lives over an hour away and I'm not driving all the way out there (or trying to find someone to help) on <insert random day> here for one piece of furniture and back again on <different day> for the next when I could just get it all at once.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
So blipshift hashad this sweet shirt:

https://www.blipshift.com/products/bro-ii

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 11, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
omg the wife is throwing a loving tantrum because she picked the wrong kitchen package and we don't get the facade she wants on the island and i literally cannot care less because these i'm just gonna order the cabinet panels we need and glue them on like nothing ever happened

these are the 1st world-est of problems and i literally could not care less and she is losing her goddamn mind

what the gently caress is wrong with this planet?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

DesperateDan posted:

Rather have a phone i can janitor and fiddle with rather than be locked out of such options, but its very true a lot of android users would be happier with ios.

Im gonna bet that its not really about anything to do with the kitchen, its just how its presenting itself. Brace yourself for a talk.

We had the talk. She's just really stressed out with trying to work full time, and go to school, and do this mortgage and homebuilding process. She feels taken advantage of by the mortgage company and she took it out on the builder. But to her it's 'them versus us' so the builder, lender, title company, realtor, etc all get lumped into 'them'

Personal finance chat:
On the up side I just paid off all my credit card debt. It turns out that Dad left me a surprise life insurance policy that we thought lapsed years ago.
Thanks, Dad.

I'm keeping the car note though because it's only $300/month and 2ish% interest. I'm hanging onto what's leftover for now, and after I pay taxes in February/March I'll use what's left to either frame in the basement, build a shed, or finish the garage.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
gently caress Comcast, and gently caress Verizon too.

I just had to set up a Comcast account because they're the only internet provider in my new neighborhood.
Verizon dug handholes and put access panels in everyone's yard but apparently never ran fiber.

The only packages they offer are 100Mbps or 50Mbps. gently caress.
That means the BEST upload speed I can hope for is like 10-12Mbps.

It's gonna take 3.6 years to sync my NAS to my S3 bucket.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
or conversely, going from cold side to hot side when you're freezing from sitting on an AC vent for an hour.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
$2300 (after tip) and 12 hours later, the majority of my things are now in the new house!

I have no loving clue how I managed to move everything by myself before... It took 3 very large dudes plus myself and a whole lot of pain to get me into the new place.
Granted, when I did it solo, I moved a little bit at a time over the course of a week, not everything in a 12 hour sprint.
Most of the stuff came straight off the truck and into the garage so I'm still gonna have to move it in later. But it's done.
Utilities are all set up, and I'm ready to get comfy.
Last night, I even got to sleep in my own bed for the first time in 5 months!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Ephphatha posted:

If you're watching the raid you might as well add Ong Bak and The Protector (Warrior King) to the list.

Banlieue 13

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Dagen H posted:

I thought "crippled" was a requirement for state jobs.

I work for the state and we prefer the term handi-capable / employmentally-challenged.

Speaking of work, I just went full retard and used the phrase "How now brown cow?" to an HR employee.
She's black ...and sorta fat.

How hosed am I?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

spog posted:

Context is important as you are somewhere between 'nothing' and 'put a blindfold on me'

There was a sassy throat clearing and a solid 60 seconds of silence. I broke the silence with "whelp there you go looks like your problem is all fixed! have a good weekend! *CLICK*"
"...gently caress. It's Tuesday. "

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

spog posted:

I mean: why were you saying that to her anyway?

If there was a discussion about elocution, then it's fine.
Otherwise, I am confused why you would utter such a phrase.

You do have one chance at covering yourself: spend the rest of the week including rhymes in every conversation with every worker and try to play it off as a conversational quirk.

(Probably best to avoid anything that start 'Baa, Baa...')

Helpdesk ticket. I fixed something for her and that was my weird rear end way of asking her to try it again.

Anywho... gently caress Comcast. I had internet installed exactly a week ago this morning and it hasn't worked yet except for like 10 minutes immediately after the guy installed it and left.
I've had someone out to my house 3 times now and a fourth appointment where nobody showed. What in the actual gently caress are they doing? How do you have 3 techs give me 3 different answers and leave without any sort of resolution or even give me a loving follow up. I've had to call customer service every goddamned day and start all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Based on the sandals alone I'm going with Su-bro-ru. Possibly an actual STI, but probably not.

e; gently caress beaten

• Locked thread