Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

what is that man doing to not vin diesel's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

weed is pretty good for that, and a lot less effort

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The FWD Capri's sole purpose is to carry a B6T around until it's ready to be installed in its rightful place, the Ford Festiva.
That said i have a hardon for them solely because they weren't sold in Canada.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I'm 6'9 and 420lbs
6'3", and that's two measurements

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah, the last few days of the school year (especially in lower grades with no exams to study for) where you'd just dick around watching movies or they'd open the gym and do bigass dodgeball games and poo poo? Those were your snow days if it didn't snow.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

NinjaTech posted:

Has anyone had any experience with Monster Transmission? I recently bought a 2005 Silverado 1500, 2wd, 5.3L (aluminum block in place of the stock 4.8L), with a slipping transmission (4L65E) from my friend for $1700. Every local shop I've called wants to pull the trans for me and rebuild it to a ballpark of $3500-4000 or else they wont warranty the rebuild. That or the warranty is reduced to 30-90 days depending on the shop. I'm planning on pulling the transmission and either spending a bunch of extra time rebuilding it, possibly loving it up, and not having a warranty but saving around $1k, or Getting the Monster heavy duty 500hp transmission for about $1600 after core charge.

http://www.monstertransmission.com/4L60E4L65E-Transmission-Heavy-Duty-2WD_p_5073.html

Thanks for any insight. Here's my cat Beavis in a box.

My experience with automatics (especially longitudinal American stuff) is that 'pull a random trans from the cheapest junkyard, install, drive till it explodes, rinse, repeat' is the most reliable solution. I'd trust an OEM build with an unknown history over an unknown build every day of the week.
or hell, a new one from the General himself can be had for under $2k.

Also, put an NV3500 (or NV4500 if you're planning on doing crazy poo poo) in it because automatics are bad and NV3500 GMT800s are fun

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 7, 2017

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

InitialDave posted:

*Sound of Every Breath You Take being played on a balalaika*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

A buddy had an old Subaru, 4x140. Constantly bent the fuckers bouncing off rocks and poo poo too.
(he once got a tow truck stuck recovering him, heavy wrecker had to come bail both out)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 25, 2017

• Locked thread