Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
OP is obsessed with being the OP of the monthly chat threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
in case you're like me and never check the 'posting gloryhole' you can observe the fact that pcos bill is now the 9th most ignore-listed person on SA, @ 1k users with him on their list

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
only if you're on the top 100 list

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mr-Spain posted:

Yup. Sitting here in the hospital with the 1 day old 3rd one.

hello no sleep my old friend

congratulations to you again

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

The ad said it was a $1700 Snap On box.

I'm currently ribbing his sister over it. It's kind of hilarious.

idk sounds like victim blaming for blatant fraud

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Would you buy a $1700 item without checking to make sure it's legit?

sure but that doesn't free the seller of the moral obligation to not commit fraud

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I never said it was okay. The buyer being an idiot is what amuses me.

really he shouldnt be complaining on facebook if he wants to solve the issue. confront the seller or extract revenge with property damage.

did he actually pay 1700 bucks?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ugh sorry cage, that's heartbreaking to have to keep watching family suffer from addiction and falling back into it time and time again

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

38 and not a spot of grey over here.

Yeah but you're getting shorter by the day

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
he might care if mar-a-whateverthefuckitscalled is affected

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Stay safe floridagoons

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My water heater has 50 good, usable gallons of water. RO system has another 5 I can grab and go with. Also fill tubs and stuff (though that doesn't help if it floods up high or sewer system backs up).

Also I live in Phoenix so none of this applies but back up in Idaho that's what we did when we got snowed in or the city's pipes froze.

i had never thought of that but until last week i had a 20 year old water heater and would not have ever considered using it for an emergency

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
those things were known as complete shitheaps

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

who else is on the iPhone X train choo choo

nah still good with my ip7 and still dont miss the computer janitor android experience

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Anyone bought those led strip lights before? Are they more of an accent light or are they good enough to shine down on a workbench from 3-4 feet above it?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meltie posted:

It depends on the particular strip. I don't think the ones i've seen were good enough, personally.

thanks, i skipped it and went with a proper led shop light

costco's newest version of the shop light is pretty good, even if the price is now up to 30 bucks it's outdoor rated and has a motion sensor too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
build yourself a retropi rpi3 and send me a PM i'll hook u up with :filez:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

Kumho's have been my go to tire for a while, but it looks like discount doesn't have any in stock locally that would fit. Costco has a special on Michelin tires, but their site won't load to show me what they actually have in stock. At least it's a full size spare, so I don't have to rush to find replacements.

check discount tire direct. no sales tax and free shipping.

too bad you just missed the labor day weekend sale when they offer tons of rebates

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
congrats on making babby

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
god drat this dumb as poo poo equifax thing keeps getting worse

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/experian-site-can-give-anyone-your-credit-freeze-pin/

experian allows anyone with your info to probably bullshit their way through 4 KBA questions and get your freeze PIN via their website

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Rascal is probably going to have to be put down :(

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i hope they can close the coffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i think you should be able to find him a shelter that specializes in fostering really difficult doggos

he's too fuckin cute to put down

• Locked thread