Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

It's worse than new model year cars.

Post the June 18 thread tomorrow, kthx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, HF boxes have gotten better, but that's not far off of p-p-p-powerbook. Seller is still a total shitstain.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jalopnik showed a guy who used bricks and jackstands to lift his E36 M3 way the hell up.

I'm close enough to the mountains that I could probably just drive up in them if they aren't getting washed away, but if AZ is seeing that kind of flooding, poo poo is going to be hosed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

*the only reason you arent is because you either had a lot of privilege from free university or you got extremely lucky getting a job right out of highschool

I'm effectively the latter, with a couple years of dicking around at college in between.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, facial hair just doesn't work for me. Nowhere near dense enough.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The people who buy cheap rear end cars and bikes here are the absolute loving worst.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ugh. Just spent some time in the garage replacing an air hose. I swear I'm losing any ability to work in the heat because nothing about this was strenuous or even mildly hard. Yet I came back in fully soaked in sweat. Ambient is just under 90, but the garage is probably at least 100 from heat soak.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, it felt a bit muggy yesterday morning when I got started working on the CR-V. Same deal there, nothing hard (plugs, oil, filters, rotate the tires and inspect the brakes) and it kicked my rear end too.

It also feels like the >105 highs are hanging on later in the year than usual.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So uh, what's "muggy" to you guys? 35%? :v:

Pretty much.

angryrobots posted:

Do you have a shop fan?

Yep, it makes things slightly less uncomfortable.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress, that's just the worst.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The local meteorologists are saying they can't accurately forecast what it's gonna do until it makes the turn north, so it's just a waiting game.

WHY DID WON'T YOU loving TURN

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Goober Peas posted:

The latest sounding has Irma going right up the peehole of Florida

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the warm water would make it worse

Stay safe floridagoons

Florida can't help the incontinence. Comes with age.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't think they expected tires to survive a decade, but yes the new standard uses four digits for that reason.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

It's a texticle.

:vince: That's perfect.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

You're right, you'd have to coat it in an electrically conductive material first.

Like CSB needs to be any harder.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's Jebediah Kerman's meat-byproduct-based cousin! :jeb:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think the other part of it is sellers have all stepped up their game on processing orders quickly. When Amazon can get me something same day without charging me anything for that service (other than Prime), no other seller has any excuse for sitting on an order for three days before it ships.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fuuuuuuuucking hell, dude. :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

It's cool and good to refer to a woman who is miscarrying her baby as 'bitching' in reference to her mentioning she has felt ill prior to said miscarriage

Yeah I'm not feeling any sympathy for someone who supports their husband beating up their landlord, or doesn't see a need to get medical care for themselves, or tries to pin the blame for anything bad that happens on someone who didn't put that fetus there.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Cool, a baby that could have been born just died. But you're right. The mom had it coming.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Never said it doesn't suck, I said it's not STR's fault, and I don't see how after getting clocked in the head by her husband, somehow he's in the wrong for using the phrase "bitching" about someone who won't seek medical attention.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

Depends on the context. It absolutely can be a pejorative.

Edit: I was just telling STR that the Ape rear end in a top hat needed a bigger beat down, but I didn't need to eat a sixer... then I looked... I've made it over a year without a probation... first time since 2010. I'm getting soft.

New management just likes you better :wink:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slidebite posted:

So question about generators... what's the benefit of a "inverter" type generator versus a cheaper plain type generator? Is it that the power/wave is much cleaner, stable and better for electronics?

Yep, that's pretty much it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

These are both absolutely true. The area I sit in currently is a bit too chilly, so it's actually nice going out into 90+ degrees in the evening - for a little while.

I used to have an MSpaint image I stole from these very forums depicting how servers are also very effective fart filters.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Definitely too close to the sidewall.

Yeah, I think most shops like to avoid the whole outside tread block. That's practically in the sidewall itself.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

:golfclap: Well played.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Wham!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Thanks to me having to drive near a different gas station, and me wanting to save five cents a gallon, I was a mile away instead of at the gas station when and where apparently Mesa PD killed a guy tonight. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Isn't that the goal of most STEM programs, to increase diversity in technological fields? Can you call it a conspiracy when it's out in the open?

And yes, it's shameful that apparently way too many white males are afraid that they don't have enough to offer aside from whiteness and a Y chromosome. If you're actually worth a poo poo at what you do, why be afraid of the existence of a larger pool of skilled candidates?

• Locked thread