Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
How dare you group me in with people. I am an attack helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Darchangel posted:

You don't happen to be part of a government agency called Skin Horse, do you?

No, but those guys are :krad:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

he might care if mar-a-whateverthefuckitscalled is affected

That's what insurance is for.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

slidebite posted:

Hey you know what's cool in a geeky sad middle aged way? Central vacuums are cool. I just installed my first one in our house and it's loving awesome. Every house I've ever lived in has had the rough in, but i never installed one to have a functional setup until yesterday. Kicks rear end and I wish I did it years ago.

I had never had central vac. Never even really knew it was a thing until I met my wife and discovered her family has it in their house. When we bought our current place, it was the same sort of thing - roughed in, but not complete. As a present, the in-laws (who had a friend that used to sell and install the systems) completed the system for us, and went completely overboard. 240v motor. This thing SUCKS. It is awesome.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I've occasionally checked the times front page and they have some short videos from various islands showing the destruction. It's nuts.

Stay safe goons, families and friends of goons.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

How the gently caress high did that water get? I see it dripping off of one of the racks. :ohdear:

I think the waterline isn't really that high, you're seeing drips off the garage doors... I think.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I'm gonna live in a van down by the river.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

At what price point (if ever?) is it worth buying a b6/b7 S4 and just settling in for the long engine pull and insane timing chain r2?
Found this quasi-locally and it's talking to me....
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/20055-b7-audi-s4-sprint-blue/6299349868.html

never, unless someone does it for you prior to purchase. Parts alone for timing chains is 3k+ last I heard.

Go for the S5 which I tihnk had a timing belt and thus, not this problem.

edit: and there's even more that could be wrong outside of that. Run far far away. New motor is nooooot cheap.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

There's a lot of moving pieces back there, so do it while it's apart kind of stuff.

S5 is similar motor, but not the same, iirc.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

slothrop posted:

Movie chat:

Isle of Dogs 😍😍😍

https://youtu.be/dt__kig8PVU

New Wes Anderson looks AMAZING. I am super pumped for this

Sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress dude. :(

We had a rescued dog that had to be put down under similar circumstances. So hard. Condolences.

• Locked thread