Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Highschool me is so drat happy right now :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Some of the latest race series in particular have made me *very* loving glad that T10 pulled their heads out of their arses enough to just let people nab a tune and seamlessly buy whatever CP is needed for the required parts, regardless of car level.

For 'Rulebook Racers' I picked the 1984 Nisssan #11 Tomica Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette, and holy *gently caress* that thing was just undrivably fierce. Trying to race that thing around Brands Hatch was just... Skill-issue, to be sure, but mostly I'm able to adapt to a car eventually, but not in this case. And then I nabbed a tune. Not some super-duper game-breaking thing; just something that smoothed out some of the rough edges for me.

And it made me sit back and ruminate on how badly they hosed up with how things initially worked in FM8, and just how important to me downloading tunes was in other Forza games. In any Forza Horizon game, and previous Forza Motorsports game, any time I got a new car, I would go looking for a cool car design, and some fun tune (generally one that keeps a car in its stock class, unless I had some specific gimmick/purpose in mind).

I'm not a desginer, nor a tuner, but being able to enjoy the fruits of the work of designers and tuners was a big part of the game.

In FM8, I basically didn't bother with downloading tunes at all. By virtue of how the campaign is structured, by the time a given car was levelled such that I might be able to use someone else's tune, I was done with that car and moving on anyway.

Anyway, glad it isn't an issue anymore, and thank you to all the tuners out there :glomp:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
After picking this up in the Steam sale, I gotta say I'm glad I missed all the launch bullshit and the game seems servicable, if not great compared to previous FMs I played - I last tapped out at 4 on the 360.

It's insane how fun Maple Valley is to just scream through, compared to the technical real world tracks.