Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

<crashing into the guy taking the correct, under-control line through the corner>
'What the gently caress is wrong with this guy???????'

- Forza players & Max Verstappen

But with Forza players you're usually already lapping them. But, I've enjoyed taking the aggressive inside line and forcing them wide (without hitting them). gently caress taking the outside lines with the proletariat. They don't know what is going on and will hit you into the wall / grass / etc. every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The correct racing line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seA4SdHer0s

I'm (hopefully) going to be getting back into my Forza obsessed state with the arrival of 7. SAEG, where you at dawgs? We got some racing to do!
I assume car clubs are still a thing right?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Jarf posted:

The correct racing line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seA4SdHer0s

I'm (hopefully) going to be getting back into my Forza obsessed state with the arrival of 7. SAEG, where you at dawgs? We got some racing to do!
I assume car clubs are still a thing right?
I loving hope so, because the Something Awful Euro Gruppen needs to rise again.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'd race with you guys except for being on the west coast which makes us being awake/playing online not a huge overlap very often, I enjoy the cool classic race cars you guys typically drive. Hopefully Jarf makes more race videos, I've missed those since Forza 4.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Pre-Ordered this for PC:

Euro Gruppen will rise again :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOyfC86olE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkWBqMg0FwY

Edit: One more of the highlight reels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9qEydJcr8

Bloody Typical fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 4, 2017

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Love love love this video. Awesome racing and the bits after the 4 minute mark seriously have me tittering away.

Just can't believe that this was 5 years ago!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Goonbus memories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KTp9M8teM#t=2m26s

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

It's funny I can stil spot the cars I used in a few of these videos after all this time. Pretty sure the incar footage from the laggy car at the end is me also. Kinda glad we were pretty good about 'red flagging' a race when we used to have a massive first corner incident.

Also here's the one video I made that wasn't terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lacZRbe06Q

I'd be up for racing on tuesdays or thursdays if we can get enough people again!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

*looks at thread title* :eyepop::hf::bernpop::hf::popeye::hf::trumppop:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kajPdMUWX1Q

Ahh, memories.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
From the thumbnail alone, Is it SAEG or is it the Silverstone Classic I watched on ITV earlier??

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Here's a stupid question but is there a way to use a headset on pc in the same way you'd use it on an xbox with just for the voice audio and mic?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

track day bro! posted:

Here's a stupid question but is there a way to use a headset on pc in the same way you'd use it on an xbox with just for the voice audio and mic?

Yeah, if you right click the volume control and select playback devices you can set a device for each audio source.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do the super duper xbox games for windows 10 live with bing games even have voice chat? I've got FH3 but just couldn't be arsed to play it :shrug:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Excited to set lap times in 700 cars

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hopefully if we get a good league going, it'd be neat to also have teams. SAEG, GRC, GTCC, LLJK, etc. in addition to overall driver.

track day bro! posted:

Do the super duper xbox games for windows 10 live with bing games even have voice chat? I've got FH3 but just couldn't be arsed to play it :shrug:

Apparently there's an Xbox Voice chat for parties. https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/282539-xbox-app-on-windows-10/suggestions/7263711-cross-platform-party-chat-between-windows-pc-and-x

Since Xbox and PC players can both be in the same lobbies, there's no reason in-game chat won't work. However, voice chat in-game has been broken since at least FM5. I don't expect it to be fixed for FM7.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah FH3 has in-game (and cross platform) voice chat, no Xbox app needed if you just want to talk to other people in the lobby. Always worked fine for me until I turned voice chat off completely because it was mostly listening to people cough or talk to their friends in the room or annoying kids or whatever and no thanks.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 6, 2017

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Eyud posted:

Yeah FH3 has in-game (and cross platform) voice chat, no Xbox app needed if you just want to talk to other people in the lobby. Always worked fine for me until I turned voice chat off completely because it was mostly listening to people cough or talk to their friends in the room or annoying kids or whatever and no thanks.

Forza 6 is mostly: Robot chat or

Lobby: Person A talks, heard by Person B not by Person C, can't hear Person C

Loading Screen: Person A talks, heard by Person B and Person C, can't hear Person B

Race: Person A talks, heard by Person C, not by Person B, can't heard either A or B.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So any good deals on Xbox Live at the moment. Mine has been expired and I will need it for Forza 7 :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So any good deals on Xbox Live at the moment. Mine has been expired and I will need it for Forza 7 :D

I sent you a PM.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have Forza 7 Ultimate pre-loaded on my Xbox, now just waiting until I can do the same for PC. Windows app store doesn't acknowledge that I own the game.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I said come in! posted:

I have Forza 7 Ultimate pre-loaded on my Xbox, now just waiting until I can do the same for PC. Windows app store doesn't acknowledge that I own the game.

Go shout at somebody.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Seems cruel to allow a preload nearly a month before release..

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jarf posted:

Go shout at somebody.

I'll check today when I get home. The official release for Ultimate Edition buyers is September 28th, so not much longer to go. :3:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jarf posted:

Go shout at somebody.

Guess I'll be finally pre-ordering this tonight

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Has the game even gone gold yet? I Googled and the only results that came up were "Forza 6 has gone gold" pages.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

I said come in! posted:

My PC complains that it can't install VIP every day around 2 PM. It loaded some kind of stub for the game itself.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jarf posted:

Go shout at somebody.

Do you know how big it is? When I pre-ordered it told me I had to select somewhere to install it with 100gb of free space but it wasn't clear if that was the total download size or the total install thing.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Horizon is around 60GB installed so I would expect this to be around the 100GB mark.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got Windows 10 to let me download the game. I just had to sign out of the App Store and sign back in.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Horizon is around 60GB installed so I would expect this to be around the 100GB mark.

poo poo I need to get a bigger SSD :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's 99GB :eyepop:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Shittin ME

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thats going to be a real pain in the dick to download with the store downloader hogging all the bandwidth all the time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The store only downloaded 4mb and then said it was good. :stare: This leads me to believe that Forza 7 has its own downloader and we won't be able to get the full game until release date, which is total horseshit. I will just be playing on Xbox One at Ultimate Edition launch and then PC later.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

drat it I thought they would let us choose to download the 4K textures. I don't have a 4K monitor so not downloading it would really help with bandwidth.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dreamsicle posted:

drat it I thought they would let us choose to download the 4K textures. I don't have a 4K monitor so not downloading it would really help with bandwidth.

You thought a UWP game would be efficient in any way? :lol:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

GutBomb posted:

You thought a UWP game would be efficient in any way? :lol:

Shows what I know

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I said come in! posted:

The store only downloaded 4mb and then said it was good. :stare: This leads me to believe that Forza 7 has its own downloader and we won't be able to get the full game until release date, which is total horseshit. I will just be playing on Xbox One at Ultimate Edition launch and then PC later.

I think horizon did this for the super ultra early preload as well, the rest of the game was downloadable a bit closer to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
When I bought FH3 the download managed to get stuck at like 3gb every time I tried, until I found a thread on the actual forza forums where people were complaining about the exact same thing. I'm amazed how ms managed to gently caress something up like downloading a game from a store, but somehow they managed it.