Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Sopranos is the best show of all time. I've ever seen a show that seems to truly understand human nature as much, that has as much 'emotional intelligence', as this one.

And yeah the setup of the final shot is clearly meant to indicate that Tony could have died in that booth, but not showing it for sure is the entire point. Basically the big Tony dies blog post guy got everything right except his ultimate conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nope!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
cool thanks for sharing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
a fantastic piece of television (outside of a couple dull arcs in the first half)?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I fuckin love the coma arc, it was mainly the Vito thing. Which I personally don't hate, but I guess I can see why people do, even if the way it ends makes up for it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would definitely argue that season 3 has the weakest overall arc. The 3-4 great one-off episodes (Livia's death, Employee of the Month, University, Pine Barrens) could all absolutely make it into a top 10 eps of the show list, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed! Enough Said is great, and Gandolfini is amazing in a more sensitive role.

• Locked thread