Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm actually talking more about the technical aspects - their transitions and cuts feel kinda primitive and there is still a bit of a sense that audiences used to network drama weren't going to get basic subtleties (like the parallels between Meadow and Tracee) so they would ram it down their throats. To be fair, that's still a problem a lot of dramas have nowadays and sometimes it feels justified that people just aren't going to get things unless it's laid out explicitly.

Oh man. I just finished a rewatch and I was telling this to anyone who would listen. The montage in Mr. Ruggerio’s Neighborhood w the FBI is soooooooooo bad. It just comes off as clumsy in comparison to montage’s from Breaking Bad. A lot of the shots are just boring network TV shots and whatnot. It gets somewhat better in later seasons, but it’s clear that it was the first of its kind.

I walked away from this rewatch more conflicted about Carm than ever. It’s clear that she’s been uneasy w Tony’s lifestyle for awhile when the series starts, and then it just spirals and she stands there and takes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread