Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Can't say this enough, but the GCPD Officers from HQGG are nuts. 30 points for top dial Sidestep, Enhancement and Police TA? And they can drop other cops around them? I neutered a Chase Shazam with two of those guys and the Common Batman in my sealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

We're doing an Ides of March event this week at our venue. (We only meet every other week). 600 points golden, number your characters 1-6 and play normally. On turn 3, you roll a d6 and that's the figure that betrays your opponent's force, and then your opponent does the same on their turn. It's a pretty fun event we've ran for a few years now.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Steve Vader posted:

I’ve played this before, too. Trust me, if you try to game the system and build a tentpole/5 generic team, invariably your tent pole will betray you.

For sure. It's a format that will end up punishing you if you try to get greedy.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Had our prerelease for Avengers Infinity last night, and I cannot complain about my pulls. Format was 400 points with a cap of 200 points on any one 2x2 base you pulled. I ended up Fielding:

Living Tribunal at 150
Adam Warlock at 125
Drax at 100

Can't remember the details of the game in total, but I went 2-1, losing my second round by just 10 points at 215-225 to a team with the rare Thor and the Remote control shield Captain America. Also had a nice come from behind victory in round 3 after losing Tribunal early. My record was good for 2nd place and 2 more boosters, where I got the goodest boy, Cosmo. This is a pretty fun set. Looking forward to playing more.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Morand posted:

How's tribunal look? Is he awesome? I kinda want one.

The running joke all night was that he looks like an Oscar or an Emmy. The phrase "I'd like to thank all the Standard Size characters who got me here today" was thrown about. The verdict thing just isn't gonna happen in most games, and I never pulled it off. 13 Range, Triple Target is sweet, but at 150, he only gets his Prob/Outwit on his first click, and Sidestep for only the first click. Still, he was a lot of fun, and my team complimented him well. I'd like to try him at the 300 and 450 dials at some point.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Con Exclusives are just the worst in their current form. I wouldn't mind if Con Exclusives were reprints of existing figures with different sculpts or paint jobs, But when they're unique figures that tend to be at a high power level, and the only chance you have to get them at retail is at one place at one convention on the opposite side of the country, it's just discouraging.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Wish List for the TNG set:

Riker Maneuver Riker, complete with the shadows showing the action of him sitting in the chair

Epic Maneuver Geordi, and again, shadows.

Picard in the monster getup, with a Tommy Gun, mowing down Borg.

A Worf who gets completely punked by any character of higher points.

A Picard with an Outwit power called "Shut up Wesley."

A Data in the Sherlock Holmes outfit.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Had our Batman:TAS prerelease last night. 2 Boosters, 300 points, snake draft at the end of all figures pulled for prizes.

I pulled an absolute whopper of a team:

054 Joker w/Christmas Present @ 80 points.
057 Man-Bat at 75 points
026 Scarecrow at 60 points
009 Mr. Freeze at 75 Points

Arkham Asylum theme team and absolutely bonkers synergy. Man-Bat carries Scarecrow, who drops the free smoke cloud to activate Stealth. Joker controls the board with a 9 range Outwit/Perplex, and stays parked behind Scarecrow to block line of fire, and Freeze threatens with even more Outwit. Batman Enemy on all of them too. I ended up taking second to a guy who pulled Atom, and was surprisingly devastating with Maxie Zeus. That present object is too good. Getting a free 3 range incap almost every turn is just devastating.

Ended up with my Joker, JLU Wonder Woman and Killer Croc as my big gets.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

So, while it's certainly not Meta, Justice League Unlimited team is really good. Played in a 300 point 3 way game last week with the following team:

Hawkman & Hawkgirl @ 125
Superman @ 100
The Flash @ 75

Was up against a hodgepodge of lower cost Avengers on one side and Bat Villains on the other. With Superman usually sticking next to the Hawks for leadership, I was effectively getting 4 leadership rolls a turn, which let me have an action or two almost every round without giving myself pushing damage. The Hawk duo is just gross, pretty much always having the right power for the situation. I ended up taking the game without losing a figure.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Ah, no new DC sets. Cool. :-/

That being said, I'm excited for the WWE set, but it won't be nearly as dumb as I want it to be. For example, I'm looking for something like this:

Teddy Long

ONE ON ONE WITH DA UNDATAKAH!: POWER: If you have a character named The Undertaker on your force, place him next to an opposing character within range and line of fire. The Undertaker may immediately make a close combat attack.

A TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA: Trait: POWER: Pick a friendly character and place him adjacent to another friendly character. Then, pick an opposing character within range and line of fire and then pick another opposing character and place that character adjacent to the first opposing character.

Roman Reigns

WE GOT TO PUSH ROMAN FOR SUMMERSLAM: Trait: Increase all of Roman Reigns combat values +2 this turn. If you do, reduce all other friendly characters combat values by -1 for the rest of the game. This power is still in effect, even if Roman Reigns is KO'd

lol roman wins: Trait: Roman Reigns combat values cannot be reduced and Roman Reigns ignores increased combat values on opposing characters.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

We were late with our Battleworld Release Day event, but we held a Snake Draft last night that I won with the following team.

Maestro @ 175
Bullseye @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 50
Thanos Duplicate @ 25

Maestro is a freaking monster in Sealed. It's disgusting that he's just an Uncommon. Every game I ended up destroying half my opponents team with him and Bullseye shooting cleanup. Those Thanos Dupes are real good at 25 points, but I'm not sure the 50 version is worth it.

Took home a Chase Odin for the win.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

My favorite non comic theme is super dumb. "Doctor, Doctor, Gimme the News."

All characters with Doctor in their name or Reporter keyword.

Yes it's a dumb pun, and yes I've played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Edit: Sorry, dumb double post.