Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Star Trek original series full 5 figure booster set is in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I won already because I pulled Chase Loki in my sealed, but my team of her, Destroyer, and generic Valkyrie only went 2-1. Round one, I managed to take out Thor Odinson and SR Hulk and a Rock Troll because I was able to feed both the others to the Destroyer. Round 2, I faced Maestro, UC Masterson Thor, Warrior Soul and a Rock Troll. Luckily for me it was a bad player and Maestro is susceptible to Penetrating Damage. Round 3, I however was unable to overcome the sheer amount of attacks made by a team of Captain America, Jane Thor, Fandral, Zarkko and a Stone Man.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
So running my venue's Titano OP tomorrow. 400 Modern, we aren't a super competitive venue, mostly themey players. I only play when judging if there is an odd amount, and obviously skip myself for prizes. Not sure if this is decent, too strong, or too weak.

80 TMT055 Enchantress
120 TMT029A Executioner
90 SFSM051 Baron Zemo
80 SFSM055 Doctor Octopus
3 TMTS002 Knobbed Mace
10 NFAOSA004 Right Arm (Hulkbuster)
15 WKD17-B001 Ape Superman

Right Arm so Zemo has some dang range, and I think the Knobbed Mace on Doc Ock might be fun. Also, Ape Superman is a taxi who can deal damage.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Figures.com did an advanced look at STATOS today, and it looks great. Possibly even some meta potential in a few pieces, don't know. The first non-SR Title Character (Kirk), a 5 point piece that makes more of itself (Tribble), and some great TAS.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Star Trek Tactics IV also has a starter with modern PAC and rulebook.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
The Plano 3730 is legit. I am lucky enough that my fiance lets me have an entire closet in our place, and it is still overflowing with stuff. You will collect a lot of plastic heroes in 15 years!

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010

Fingers McLongDong posted:

For sure, playing HC reminds me of playing tactics style video games like FFT or Tactics Ogre back in the day. Thanks for the advice.

Is it super important to hit the maximum point value? I feel like I'm being inefficient if I play a 280 point team, but want to follow the advice of having more support units with skills instead of just 2 bruisers. Enchantress seems super fun to mess with.

There are a LOT of ways to fill in those extra 20 points, from Bystander Figures (last summer there were 2 sets of double-sided 15 point bystanders - they do not break theme and they are, at worst, "pretty good" to "drat fine"), equipment, resources, ID cards, whatever. And if you are not building a theme team, there are lots of cheap <20 point figures you can maybe sneak in there, too.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Klingons or Romulans would do great under those stipulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I have only gotten to use the Buggy as terrain thus far, mostly because I haven't played a non-themed team with a spot for it yet. But I have a list of fun potential pilots, including:

Wererwolf from undead (once he rolls a 6 and goes nuts) and Dr. Jekyll in Hyde mode. Also yes, 50 point Hulk.