Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
In less than two weeks I'm starting a software development course that lasts for 16 weeks and actually gives me a recognised qualification at the end of it. I'll probably let you all know how it is going in here as I progress. Doing some prework at the moment and it's going alright so far.

My salary has been so low for a while that even at the lowest end of junior dev roles I'd be getting a 25% raise so being off work unpaid for all of it and a bit after is worth it within like a year.

Plus it's worth it in other ways like not being on night shift and not changing shift times and other quality of life improvements. Hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Just finished my first week of the bootcamp I'm on. They told us that of the cohort that just graduated before us only 6 of them haven't had a job offer. So something like 75% of them had a job within a week of finishing the course. wtf