Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010
So when applying for data science jobs, what would be the best way to communicate a portfolio of coding/data jobs you have worked on? Is having a personal website the best way to do this? Attach it to your resume when submitting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010
I have a stem PhD and did a post-doc, for about 6 years of my life my workload was probably about 70% coding (python and ncl) and 30% science and other academic related activities, I also tutor statistics. The biggest project I was working on was using data from 25 global climate models to predict changes, in total about 2000 years of simulation were used. This project was 90% coding and largely data management, looked at multivariable linear regressions but in the end a simple linear regression worked, albeit an enormous amount of data was used.

I have been trying to get a data science/data analytics job, anything really and cannot get even a single interview. :(

In Australia if that matters somehow.

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010

MickeyFinn posted:

That's why they will gladly let people who only need a network go to the camp for free, because they think you'll get a job through whatever network they have.

Sounds like a way to get a job. Thousands of hoops to jump and dive through but everything is like that these days.

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

as somebody who lives in a major tech hub, there are still way more jobs than people to fill them.

Where are these jobs exactly, because they sure as gently caress aren't in Australia. :(