Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm currently going through a Master's program in Data Science. It's an online program, which isn't really ideal and honestly I haven't found much of the material to be much more informative than a DataCamp subscription would be. I know an online program isn't really the best choice. I've got two semesters left at this point and it's all being paid for by my current employer, so I'm going to stick it out. I guess my plan from here is to just work on personal projects and try to build a portfolio in the meantime, since I'm not sure how much value this degree is going to have on my resume.

Missing out on the networking opportunities of a physical masters program is a definite drawback and that's what I'm trying to figure out how to overcome now. I found a monthly Python meetup in my area, but it looks like most of their recent events have been more focused on Django and other topics that aren't necessarily data-oriented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU