Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Oh man, I was just thinking about your LPs the other day, really glad to see you back. I only played THPS4 for the first time about a year ago and thought the new system wasn't as good as 3 and didn't really put that much effort into the game, so it'll be nice to see your take on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Man, Ollie has some amazing voice acting, I wonder if that guy has done other roles. It's nice that they tried to add stuff to change up the gameplay but drat, that tennis minigame looked dire. I'm suddenly reminded of THUG and how it added vehicle sections.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I had no idea that guy was actually a voice actor, now I just feel like a big silly. My hat's off to you, Wally.

On another note, that lady's husband has an amazing mustache.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I don't really know very much about skateboarding other than these games (Which I'm sure are very accurate to real life), but I do know that Rodney Mullen does more insane things in real life than you can make him do in the game. Apparently he invented the Kickflip of all things?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'd totally be down for some streaming of the Tony Hawk's.

Overall this level looks kinda boring, to be totally honest. I guess it's because every other level already caters to skateboards, so when the level gimmick is "a place for skateboards" it doesn't seem that interesting.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Yep. I have all the main games in the series except THPS5.

I hear that one feels like Tony Hawk HD, and if that's true this hoool boy is it bad. I've heard nothing but bad things about it, which is is just so drat sad considering how much fun I had with these games as a kid.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

There's no shame in having to try these missions more than once. The nature of the game is pretty improvised to begin with, so performing a line perfectly every time wouldn't be as interesting to watch anyway.

Having Combo and Skate missions separately seems kind of redundant by this point, especially when the SKATE letters are usually in a line anyway. They might as well have just focused on Combo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's a shame most of these pro missions seem to be exactly the same as normal missions. It feels like the developers didn't really understand how easily abusable this game's systems are, which is strange after four games.

Jamesman posted:

Edit: OK it doesn't look like this is happening tonight. Are weekends better, then?

Yeah, I ended up not being able to see your last one cause of work. Weekends are probably easier for me to do.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

All the gaps done, all the pro challenges done, brings a tear to my eye. Our little THPS4 is almost done. I'm glad to see more of the game than I bothered doing, since it's the game I missed out on when I was a kid.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The custom skater's mission being significantly harder is a commentary on how hard it is for newbies to break into the pro skater world, while the "real" pros are able to coast by on mediocrity. Also Bam. I'm not sure how his challenge fits into this narrative.

Jamesman posted:

And I want to talk to you guys about it. Right now, I'm leaning towards a game that I've never played before, but it's a strategy-type game. I was thinking that I might do streams of it on the weekend where you can see me loving around and getting familiar with levels, and then I would make videos where I use a good strategy to play through levels.

Would this work for you? Would you be around on weekends to watch? Would you want to watch? Would you rather me just make videos of me playing totally blind?

I'd be down for the streams, unless it's the type of game that expects you to go in blind I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Thanks a lot for this lp, you brought some more fun into a game I wasn't too hot on. Looking forward to your next project.

• Locked thread