Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i have hope metroid will be better than lords of shadow
the true comparison is whether its better than mirror of fate, which won't be hard cause that game was even worse than lords of shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Know why it's called an auto-runner? Because when you see the devs use that phrase to describe it you automatically run away

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sept. 5 – Knack 2 (PS4)
Sept. 5 – Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (PS4, Vita)
Sept. 6 – Destiny 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
Sept. 7 – Morphite (PS4)
Sept. 8 – Drive Girls (Vita)
Sept. 8 – LEGO Worlds (Switch)
Sept. 8 – Monster Hunter Stories (3DS)
Sept. 12 – NASCAR Heat 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 12 – Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, 360)
Sept. 12 – Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (Switch)
Sept. 12 – XCOM 2: War of the Chosen DLC (PS4, Xbox One)
Sept. 12 – Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4, Vita)
Sept. 14 – Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 14 – Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)
Sept. 15 – Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Sept. 15 – NBA Live 18 (PS4, Xbox One)
Sept. 15 – NHL 18 (PS4, Xbox One)
Sept. 19 – Echo (PS4, PC)
Sept. 19 – End Space (PSVR)
Sept. 19 – Hex: Card Clash (PS4)
Sept. 19 – Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita)
Sept. 19 – Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 19 – NBA 2K18 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Sept. 22 – Pokemon Gold/Silver (3DS)
Sept. 22 – Pokken Tournament DX (Switch)
Sept. 22 – Project Cars 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 22 – The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Sept. 26 – Batman: The Enemy Within Episode 2 – The Pact (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 26 – Blue Reflection (PS4, PC)
Sept. 26 – Danganropa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4, Vita)
Sept. 26 – Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 26 – Megaton Rainfall (PS4, PSVR)
Sept. 26 – Ruiner (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 26 – Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash (PS4)
Sept. 28 – The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
Sept. 28 – Total War: Warhammer 2 (PC)
Sept. 29 – Cuphead (Xbox One, PC)
Sept. 29 – FIFA 18 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, PS3, 360)
Sept. 29 – Gundam Versus (PS4)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it's yearly sports franchise time again

:rip: my wallet to FIFA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a pretty good month for games I'll buy on sale next year...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder what I should fuse Arsene with first? (I have Bicorn, Pixie, Mandrake and Jack'O Lantern)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Palpek posted:

Sept. 28 – The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)

That's the Japanese release date don't get people's hopes up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the korok forest stealth quest in breath of the wild is :whitewater:

that's my first game opinion of september

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

homeless snail posted:

the korok forest stealth quest in breath of the wild is :whitewater:

that's my first game opinion of september

if :whitewater: stands for 'loving garbage trash' then yeah agreed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the Japanese release date don't get people's hopes up.

i can't wait to dodge spoilers from people who played the game in japanese for several years while i wait to play csii and crossbell

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also my opinion on MercurySteam developing the new Metroid is that they have at least shown a base level of technical competency that Retro hadn't and they went on to make Metroid Prime under Nintendo's tutelage, so it can happen again.
Everything they've shown off looks cool and it has nowhere near the bad vibe I got from Other M.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

Hello friends. OP please add a list of important September releases with dates to the OP, thank you.

done and done

i did not even know there was another Pokemon Gold/Silver remake coming out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not, I think they're just rereleasing the original games. I assume it's listed since they're getting a retail box with a code inside as well as being purely digital.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm surprised that PES still exists and releases the same month as FIFA. I assume it sells mostly in Japan or something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It has a hardcore audience in the UK too though FIFA is the popular choice.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm reading through the Danganronpa 2 LP and it's getting me really hyped for Danganronpa V3 when it comes out later this month! :dance:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't hate endless runners but I'm still really bummed the new Meat Boy is an endless runner and their attitude about it just makes me want to punch them

In other news, I got a weird bug in the open area in Uncharted: LL where one of the walls seemed to have blown up prematurely and the medal behind it didn't spawn. Like I'm not sure where else it would be and there isn't a comment about it being missing so I think I just got a weird error. It was the next to last one I needed too but now it looks like I'm starting from the top

Between this and Wayforward sending out time locked codes for content that was already a week late, this has not been a great day for me and video games. :(

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Please let Gundam Versus be a good game

Sefal fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 1, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

So what you're saying is that the games you make are Procedurally Hand-Drawn Paperlikes

idk... does step 1 smoke weed step 2 avoid making game step 3 feel guilty step 4 make game fit the criteria for procedural generation

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sefal posted:

please let Gundam Versus be good a game
It looks fun based on the few YouTube videos I've watched of it but I'm really hoping it feels good to actually play.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

idk... does step 1 smoke weed step 2 avoid making game step 3 feel guilty step 4 make game fit the criteria for procedural generation

I do the same thing except replace 'make game' with 'work on let's plays' so I have enough experience to say yes it does, welcome to the club, here is your badge

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh my god

Oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much for just the crystal lizard?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I am the Knight With No Name

Oscar of Astora

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

How much for just the crystal lizard?

That's the worst thing! According to the description the crystal lizard is only a pre-order bonus for people who buy it early!! I want a crystal lizard to put on my desk and weigh down important papers and/or disappear randomly :(

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

what i wanna know is why isn't there an official crystal lizard plush already

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

learning that there is such a game as Nobunaga's Ambition 201X, seeing a picture of nobunaga holding a laser gun, and then realizing that its a bad mobile gacha game, is today's arc of disappointment

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Knack 2 baby!
kNack 2 baby!
knAck 2 baby!
knaCk 2 baby!
knacK 2 baby!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I am hyped for Cook Serve Delicious 2 coming out this month, and Shadowhand (maybe??? maybe it'll be delayed again!) and I'm also hyped for the Fallen London dude doing a kickstarter for a new standalone game.

God, this year is good for games :D

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like video games have outpaced me and my financial situation. Last console I owned was a PlayStation 2, and now my gaming PC has almost-ten-year-old parts that probably need replacing. I tried Mankind Divided, but my computer can't handle it, making the fans sound like an airplane engine and subsequently crashing every ten minutes.

I can't really justify spending money on games right now, so I've not been paying much attention to gaming news over the past few months, which in turn means that I'm out of the gamer loop and feel a little alienated. I'm still spending plenty of time playing games, but mostly old ones like Deus Ex, some Metal Gear Solids and most recently Baldur's Gate. I can't participate in the jokes and goofs in these threads anymore

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
i signed up for origin access out of curiosity, so now i'm playing things i've been interested in buut always given a pass before due to bad rap on the forums like dragon age inquisition and simcity 2013. also, fifa. there's also a bunuch of new-ish shooters on there along with some indie stuff, so i'll probably keep the sub going for a couple of months

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Burning Rain posted:

i signed up for origin access out of curiosity, so now i'm playing things i've been interested in buut always given a pass before due to bad rap on the forums like dragon age inquisition and simcity 2013. also, fifa. there's also a bunuch of new-ish shooters on there along with some indie stuff, so i'll probably keep the sub going for a couple of months

How are they though? Any good?

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
I'm not that far into it (still have to finish a bunch of work before i can take a few days off), but dragon age is definitely fun so far. simcity 2013... eh, not sure, but i don't really get how am i supposed to work the region (i.e., should i build up one city first or just do several small ones and jump between them). might try Orwell or Oxenfree as a side game instead, I think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

Just call it a Procedurally Generated Auton-Runner, you pompous dolts.

Forced Advancement Reflex Test

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

In other news, I got a weird bug in the open area in Uncharted: LL where one of the walls seemed to have blown up prematurely and the medal behind it didn't spawn. Like I'm not sure where else it would be and there isn't a comment about it being missing so I think I just got a weird error. It was the next to last one I needed too but now it looks like I'm starting from the top

Between this and Wayforward sending out time locked codes for content that was already a week late, this has not been a great day for me and video games. :(

I don't know if it's this one but with one of medals the enemies have already gotten there before you and it's in a weapons crate on a truck after you kill them all

There's no puzzle or anything and I think Nadine is like "drat they got here before us, where could it be"

But if you solved a puzzle/had to do platforming and there's no medal then yeah idk that's probably a glitch

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I can't participate in the jokes and goofs in these threads anymore

Make jokes and goofs about the games you're playing! Deus Ex and Baldur's Gate both have plenty of opportunities.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Grouchio posted:

I'm reading through the Danganronpa 2 LP and it's getting me really hyped for Danganronpa V3 when it comes out later this month! :dance:

did you play the teaser demo on steam?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Burning Rain posted:

I'm not that far into it (still have to finish a bunch of work before i can take a few days off), but dragon age is definitely fun so far. simcity 2013... eh, not sure, but i don't really get how am i supposed to work the region (i.e., should i build up one city first or just do several small ones and jump between them). might try Orwell or Oxenfree as a side game instead, I think.

Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those 0/10 worst games ever along the lines of Halo and Half Life 2.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Metroid Samus Returns will be good or else this can't be the year that finally topples 1998 in terms of best games year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like video games have outpaced me and my financial situation. Last console I owned was a PlayStation 2, and now my gaming PC has almost-ten-year-old parts that probably need replacing. I tried Mankind Divided, but my computer can't handle it, making the fans sound like an airplane engine and subsequently crashing every ten minutes.

I can't really justify spending money on games right now, so I've not been paying much attention to gaming news over the past few months, which in turn means that I'm out of the gamer loop and feel a little alienated. I'm still spending plenty of time playing games, but mostly old ones like Deus Ex, some Metal Gear Solids and most recently Baldur's Gate. I can't participate in the jokes and goofs in these threads anymore

Hey friend it's cool to play old games. I can't justify buying games, consoles, or upgrading my PC to play new games so I've been chilling by replaying old games. Just this week I finished a two month run through BG and completed that game for the first time! I'm now looking at going on with the trilogy or playing one of the several games that I've piled up over the last few years.

It's cool and fun to play old games. Also, not keeping up with game news has chilled me out about a lot of things. Hype is a waste of time.

• Locked thread