Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm watching some videos of Destiny 1 and I'm getting the itch for D2. I think I can hold out until a sale though.

I spoiled myself on the number of strikes/missions that will be available at launch, so my response to you is "wait an entire year" because ho boy only diehard stockholm syndrome fans will be satisfied with those numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

I spoiled myself on the number of strikes/missions that will be available at launch, so my response to you is "wait an entire year" because ho boy only diehard stockholm syndrome fans will be satisfied with those numbers

D2 will have more categories of activity than D1 and the number floating around for total unique activities in the game is way higher than that leak.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

haveblue posted:

D2 will have more categories of activity than D1 and the number floating around for total unique activities in the game is way higher than that leak.

I require more deets. I have enough Amazon points to buy it for nearly nothing but if it's like D1's launch then waiting for the expansion would be the way to go. I'm hoping that Bungie learned for their mistakes, but I know that's a little naive.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

haveblue posted:

Eventually it will get more content but that's like 6 to 7 months in, why bother getting it when the first Destiny completely changed so much about the economy and basic functions in just its first 3? I'm coming from the perspective of someone who played the first when it came out and has no confidence that Bungie will stick to a gameplan. Many original Destiny activities were bad when it came to wasting your time and being lovely about what constitutes as fun, i.e. gathering those loving minerals.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
H e l l o vidcons cchat thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

I require more deets. I have enough Amazon points to buy it for nearly nothing but if it's like D1's launch then waiting for the expansion would be the way to go. I'm hoping that Bungie learned for their mistakes, but I know that's a little naive.

The actual numbers:

Campaign missions: 17

Strikes: 5, plus 1 PS4-exclusive

Total activities: "over 80"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Yo fak

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They're bringing Dead Rising 4 to PS4 am I right in remembering it was bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Whatup bruv

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Just found out an impromptu GDQ event starts tonight to support relief for Harvey victims, that's neat!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

it wasn't good

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

Oh. Yeah. Duh.

But at least there's also ways to replenish it with items in the environment so you end up not doing it as much as you'd think.

And you reminded me of the batteries in the levels. We're learning things today :gbsmith:

DLC Inc posted:

Eventually it will get more content but that's like 6 to 7 months in, why bother getting it when the first Destiny completely changed so much about the economy and basic functions in just its first 3? I'm coming from the perspective of someone who played the first when it came out and has no confidence that Bungie will stick to a gameplan. Many original Destiny activities were bad when it came to wasting your time and being lovely about what constitutes as fun, i.e. gathering those loving minerals.

I played the Destiny 2 beta and it was ok I guess. I'm sure it would've been better with friends (as most games are) but the shooting didn't feel all that great. I'm going to wait a while and see how it plays out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Dai sucked on launch day and not just hindsight

I guess if you thought it sucked then there's nothing that would have improved your opinion in the mean time, but it got a pretty good reception at launch. Some people hate ubi-style open world games and Bioware has one of those fandoms that rivals Fallout for bitching about absolutely anything, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I dropped out of playing DA:I about six or seven hours in to start Witcher 3. I feel like I made a good decision, and I still haven't done Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine yet

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

The actual numbers:

Campaign missions: 17

Strikes: 5, plus 1 PS4-exclusive

Total activities: "over 80"

Woof, those are some really lovely numbers. 5 strikes? That's it?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

wtf

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

i've seen less positivity on it than i saw for dr3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

It's like Dead Rising if you focus-grouped it to death until every last ounce of what made the first two games unique was removed. Also the real ending is DLC.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Also the real ending is DLC.

can we get a rerelease of asura's wrath instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd pay good money for an Ashura's Wrath rerelease that let you invert the reticule during the rail shooter bits...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cyberconnect making the only HD re-release I know of that is also a sequel, currently.

Comes out in November!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only played the very first .Hack 🤔

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Part of the collection coming out includes the Terminal Disc, which summarizes the first four games. I had fun with them but their gameplay is really basic and involves a ton of grinding out materials to unlock areas, especially in the final one (turns part 4 from a 15 hour game to a 30 hour one), so I don't think you're missing out much if you don't play them.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

It's like Dead Rising if you focus-grouped it to death until every last ounce of what made the first two games unique was removed. Also the real ending is DLC.

The Colonel posted:

i've seen less positivity on it than i saw for dr3

Ostentatious posted:

it wasn't good

Maybe I'll just buy Dead Rising 1 the next time I see it on sale (I only played 2)

e: oh it's on sale now

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe I'll just buy Dead Rising 1 the next time I see it on sale (I only played 2)

e: oh it's on sale now

yeah dr1 is good

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I only played the very first .Hack 🤔
I only beat Infection myself, but I'm gonna try and finish the other three before the G.U. HD games come out.

Kind of glad I waited to try those later ones now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I played through DR1 last year and it held up pretty well for a 10 year old game. It also kind of expects you to fail and restart at least once.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I only beat Infection myself, but I'm gonna try and finish the other three before the G.U. HD games come out.

tbh I would wait to see if they do anything for those games first because the grind is real.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

Framerate tanks frequently, looooooong load times at points, the graphical style they went with for the NMH1 assets look terrible especially compared to all the improvements in NMH2, the only things they added were an Easy mode, a model viewer and a boss rush that includes a couple NMH2 bosses. It's not a good port, either of the times they released it on the PS3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I went back to Diablo 3 to play the necromancer. drat, it owns.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Do you have a means of cheating in any virus cores you'll need? Because that's the biggest issue in the original games. You get to a point where in order to progress, you need to get virus cores to unlock the next area, so you go hunting for virus cores, but the virus cores won't drop and you have no way to guarantee they'll drop and the process of virus core hunting increases your infection rating and at some point that'll just give you a game over if it gets too high and the only way to lower it is to kill enemies normally, with larger enemies lowering it the most, but in the later games most of the large enemies are databugs which means they can only be killed by data draining them which fills up your infection rating so you're stuck searching around random maps trying to find large monsters that aren't databugs so that you can fight them to lower you infection rating so that you can safely data drain the databugs and hope that you manage to get the virus core you need so that you can progress, and then you get the virus core and go through the next story area and then find that the very next one is locked off by another virus core gate.

Hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XCOM is cool

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

FirstAidKite posted:

hello shodan

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I loved Shodan from Portal! XD

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm sort of interested in DR4 but that's because a ton the things that made DR unique didn't really appeal to me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ometeotl posted:

Just call it a Procedurally Generated Auton-Runner, you pompous dolts.

I wonder how much of Edmund McMillen's weird catholic guilt will manifest in this one!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

hello shodan

Shodan more like

Chode-Man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Capcom vancouvers current leadership is among the worst of any studio i can think of

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

homeless snail posted:

the korok forest stealth quest in breath of the wild is :whitewater:

that's my first game opinion of september

IIRC, if you just follow your shrine-o-meter and walk along the edge of the forest and make sure to backtrack if the fog starts closing in, you can actually beat that fucker to the shrine. That's what I did after like the 3rd or 4th time of having to repeat that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition was one of those 0/10 worst games ever along the lines of Halo and Half Life 2.

I don't think anybody really gave a poo poo about that game approx 3 days after release so it doesn't qualify

• Locked thread