Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like video games have outpaced me and my financial situation. Last console I owned was a PlayStation 2, and now my gaming PC has almost-ten-year-old parts that probably need replacing. I tried Mankind Divided, but my computer can't handle it, making the fans sound like an airplane engine and subsequently crashing every ten minutes.

I can't really justify spending money on games right now, so I've not been paying much attention to gaming news over the past few months, which in turn means that I'm out of the gamer loop and feel a little alienated. I'm still spending plenty of time playing games, but mostly old ones like Deus Ex, some Metal Gear Solids and most recently Baldur's Gate. I can't participate in the jokes and goofs in these threads anymore

Hey friend it's cool to play old games. I can't justify buying games, consoles, or upgrading my PC to play new games so I've been chilling by replaying old games. Just this week I finished a two month run through BG and completed that game for the first time! I'm now looking at going on with the trilogy or playing one of the several games that I've piled up over the last few years.

It's cool and fun to play old games. Also, not keeping up with game news has chilled me out about a lot of things. Hype is a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
That cat just wanted to game. Cats are great and I'm glad you gave him a good life. Hopefully you're ready to give another cat a good life.

Cats are some of the best friends.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

idk if I could live with myself if I paid money for a game and played it for 5 minutes

Is five minutes a lot of time or a little bit of time by your standards?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I adopted a stray cat last summer and he's part toddler and part dog. He looks like a cat, and sometimes acts like one, but based on the stupid poo poo he does most of the time, he's toddler + dog.

He's great and valued member of my family.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Birds yell too much and make messes. They're better left in their natural habitat. I don't understand bird people.

The real question is what is up with spider/scorpion people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Red Bones posted:

Dinosaurs and birds are good, imo. It's neat to see a bird hopping around looking for seeds and realise that you would have seen the same behaviour from a very similar animal if you went 200 million years back in time. It makes the past seem more like a real place to me.

Ahhh I came here to post this! As James Hutton, the father of modern Geology, put it in the principle of Uniformitarianism, "the present is the key to the past."

• Locked thread