Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Tingle sues them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

ff14 is making a strong case right now, for game of the year, by making itself a sequel to fft

Unless FF14 turns into an SRPG I don't care

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect 3 should have done the same thing instead of giving you a choice, so that if you played goody two-shoes compromise candidate Shepard the entire time you got the horrible synthesis ending as punishment.

All of the endings are horrible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Great news for games chat thread posters... Far Cry 5 has fishing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUU3Y5Kv6Zw&t=682s

Good. All games should have a fishing minigame.

No exceptions.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

They are usually not very good

That's not important

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The appropriate reaction to DSP is pointing and laughing, not getting mad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Other times the business you work for can hire a security detail.

It's more likely that they'll fire you for being a hassle

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

speaking of retsupuraes didnt they quit doing those because weirdos would send the people being made fun of threats and stuff

Yes.

It's a shame too since they were pretty funny.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Summoning makes Dark Souls absolutely trivial, to the point where I don't understand why you'd ever do it if you actually enjoy the gameplay of the series. I don't think the dev's opinions have anything to do with it.

It's actually a little frustrating because I think it would be cool to have a game in that genre but where you're expected to handle certain encounters in groups and they're balanced accordingly.

I love when people summon because I love being summoned with my dumb gimmick builds.

(I also like invading people when they have people summoned)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Motto posted:

I like when Mario jump on the turtle

Is mario or the turtle racist?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

no, wario is anti-mario in that he is ancap and mario is monarchist

Waluigi is definitely woke though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Yeah I know of that. Alex used to be a cool chiptune musician and I hope they get help.

Basically the DMCA/ContentID system was a bad solution to a problem because Google didn't know how to solve said problem with actual manpower/manhours, and the current demonetization scraper is the same exact thing

It's just google wanting to save money by not hiring actual people to do the work.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

You forgot to mention how much you like PewDiePie.

Edit - Also apparently, according to some lawyer TB spoke to, the Campo Santo thing is legal for them to do. Still is a bad thing to have happen for those who do YouTube stuff either way (something both Jim Sterling & NerdCubed were quoted as saying earlier).

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/907025967813668865

Companies have been doing that for years on youtube. Why would people think it's illegal now?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Tomorrow is Dishonored 2.5 and Metroid, what a year

Oh gently caress I forgot about the Dishonored 2 expansion/DLC

That's great news

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Your honor, clearly my client's work has been transformative through the way he added a soundtrack of him screeching RAPE RAPE N***** RAPE over the footage.

Oh come on, he moved away from yelling rape at everything.

Now he just wishes death to all jews and yells friend of the family. Much better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The guy on the american box art isn't nearly angry enough

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

GAME OVER

RETURN OF THOMPSON

Unfortunately this does not mean videogame videos are without ads. They can still get ads even if they're 'advertiser unfriendly', but only youtube makes money from them

Fortunately adblock exists

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want more eastern european jank, not less

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MHA is a good shounen for people who like a good shounen

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Didn't people say this about minecraft?

You never know what'll manage to stick around and what won't. Don't count them out just yet.

People say that about anything that happens to be popular

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

These bubbles can be popped really easily, though, and threatening to sue another developer (especially a big, established one with an above-neutral reputation) for copying your game is a great way to piss off a whole lot of players.

The amount of players who care about stuff like that enough to stop playing is trivial

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

hello is it pii-cross or pick-ross

yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Really Pants posted:

financial success is entirely arbitrary and has nothing whatsoever to do with effort or merit

pubg is good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't drink because of medical reasons and I've never had problems hanging around with my often drunk friends.

I've gotten drunk exactly once in my life and for that I needed to stop taking my medication for like a week beforehand.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tyranny was pretty good. It along with pillars of eternity did however confirm that real-time-with-pause combat was always bad and I just tolerated it when I was younger.

I'll take turn-based combat like in Original Sin 2 over it any day.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

Well, I think it's not the turns that have variable durations, just that actions have variable speeds? Like the IE games had an option to "auto-pause at turn's end". They still had turns.

I'm leery of saying that entirely turn-based combat is any better because look at Wasteland 2.

There are plenty of good turn-based based combat systems though, even in the CRPG genre.

Look the newly released Original Sin 2 for example.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

Well I mean, quality is subjective and on a case by case basis. That's what I was getting at. There are good RTwP games and bad turn-based games, and vice versa. Neither system is inherently better.

I'm just bummed out because I like Obsidian games otherwise but I just can't take the battle systems any more.

It's either pathetically easy making combat just a waste of time or requires annoying micromanagement while also being very slow and unrewarding. Charliefoxtrot summarized my opinion on the matter pretty well, especially this part:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So what RTwP ends up becoming is a turn-based game with variable turn durations, an aspect that makes things more complicated while adding few interesting choices. It gives you the worst of both worlds by creating a gameplay experience that is both chaotic and difficult to manage while also being fiddly and slow.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

goferchan posted:

the iOS version (which is a port of the PSP one) surprisingly just got an update the other week, years after release, and it also plays really well. It’s such a natural fit on a tablet

The controls are infinitely worse. It's really clear that the game wasn't designed for touchscreens.

It's still a really good port all things considered.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

al-azad posted:

Pretty sure it was broken for like 2 years despite Square continuing to sell it.

It wasn't.

You might be thinking of the world ends with you port.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

that game is not gonna get funded so I hope swery can make the game without kickstarter

:(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Red dead redemption is the only Rockstar game I've somewhat liked so I'm looking forward to 2.

Edit: gently caress I forgot about Lemmings

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seriously, the scariest thing is wasting money because Humble got you again with their Monthly auto-charge for three months in a row.

In meantime someone should play Rise of the Tomb Raider, I guess it has some horror DLC for it

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UHwnVTtquC4HEt*b

The * is the first letter of the name of the creature that was recently revealed to have been repeatedly punched in the head by Mario (lowercase)

Thanks, I got this.

I've been meaning to play this game for a while now.

edit: Of course I still have a ton of new games from this year to play so it's going to be a few months.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have a cat, a toilet roll hanging in front can be pawed through and rolled down while if it hangs in back, their pawing will roll it up

That has never been a problem for me

• Locked thread