Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

Just call it a Procedurally Generated Auton-Runner, you pompous dolts.

God I seriously cannot stand Edmund Mcmillen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So what you're saying is that the games you make are Procedurally Hand-Drawn Paperlikes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Our game is not an auto-runner. Yes, our characters do always run automatically, but,

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Know why it's called an auto-runner? Because when you see the devs use that phrase to describe it you automatically run away

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

idk... does step 1 smoke weed step 2 avoid making game step 3 feel guilty step 4 make game fit the criteria for procedural generation

I do the same thing except replace 'make game' with 'work on let's plays' so I have enough experience to say yes it does, welcome to the club, here is your badge

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh my god

Oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

How much for just the crystal lizard?

That's the worst thing! According to the description the crystal lizard is only a pre-order bonus for people who buy it early!! I want a crystal lizard to put on my desk and weigh down important papers and/or disappear randomly :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You owe it to yourself try to do it by yourself first and then summon if you don't succeed. Summoning people sight unseen is just depriving yourself of any sense of discovery.

edit: Also regarding the cuphead thing, if you try something more than a couple times and see that it's clearly not working but continue to do it the same way anyway, maybe the problem's not with the game

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 10, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

I summon people even against bosses I've never faced before. Suck it

That's pretty lame dude

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"The right way to play" and "the intended way to play" are pretty different. There is no objectively correct way to play, but I can say with relative confidence that you are not meant to steamroll your way through your first blind playthrough with bodyguards who already know what they're doing.

edit: And if that's how you wanna play then that's fine, but "so you're saying I'm playing wrong" is a pretty crappy defense

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jay Rust posted:

How do you figure what the intended way to play is? They don't gate summons behind deaths.

It's sorta common sense? Summoning is basically a way to choose your difficulty, and the default is not having any or even having the ability to summon. You don't start as human or with the white soapstones in any of the souls games (or Demon's Souls), save for 2 where becoming human is part of the tutorial.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr Cheeto posted:

You do start in a covenant that makes it easier to summon allies, tho, and you run into the Jolly Cooperation guy super early.

That's a fair point. But I do think the games are very obviously geared toward single player combat, even in DS3 where you're fighting groups more often than one-on-one. The AI only focuses on one person at a time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Very cool normal comments on that video

When all is said and done I wonder how many of them are going to end up saying "he wasn't saying it in a racist context, he was using it to express frustration, which is different because,"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I46Uv9s05Zo

In non pewdiepie news, I am psyched for No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, so I decided to turn one of my favorite songs from the series into a playable GH3 custom! Hell yeah!!

Also in doing this I learned that Akira Yamaoka produced the soundtracks for No More Heroes 2 and Shadows of the Damned. Which is a cool fact I didn't know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dragonatrix posted:

That is clearly WoR and even uses mechanics that aren't even in GH3. :colbert:

Also do people really still actually care about Guitar Hero/Rock Band, like at all? I haven't heard basically anything about 'em at all from like anyone anywhere in almost a decade. Genuinely curious there.

It's not! It's Guitar Hero 3 with the GH3+ mod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPPnZEVXg9w

And yes, people still care, streams of the game in particular pull in hundreds of viewers at a time. But nobody wants a new GH or Rock Band game because custom songs exist in the thousands, which is why GH Live was a failure and Rock Band 4 released pretty much unfinished.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ian Miles "Tails" Cheong

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I agree that campo santo shouldn't have the right to take down the videos (unrelated ones at that) because it'd establish the same legal precedent that the persona publishers think actually exists and were trying to hide behind with their 'don't post vids of our game' thing (it currently does not). The video where he actually says the slur should be reported and removed because there already are rules in place saying you can't do that kind of thing.

edit: And I guess their counterargument to that would be that the video represents them because it's of their game but I don't agree, pewdiepie's videos are very much more about the personality than the game as are the vast majority of non five billion subscriber let's plays (including mine!)

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 11, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Endorph posted:

at the same time though dont game devs have a right to decide their public image. like if someone with ten million subscribers uploaded a video of them playing super mario and then the rest of their videos were them saying that the jews did 9/11 that'd cause association

It's fair enough that they wouldn't want to be associated with noted racist pewdiepie, I can understand that, but I think it would be a very different case and they would have ground to stand on if he had actually said the stuff on a video of one of their games. At that point I think it'd be within their rights to take it down because it's their property and he violated pre-existing rules by saying slurs and poo poo. But imo the difference lies in their lack of direct involvement.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zaphod42 posted:

You could argue that he himself is tainted by his many actions and so even if he doesn't do anything in the firewatch video just having a firewatch video associates them and implies a sort of agreement or endorsement by them.

But I think its pretty clear this was punitive on the firewatch devs' part.

But I think that's okay?

That's freedom isn't it? That's America. :911: If you are willing to give up some profit in order to prevent somebody who you think is vile from making profit, that's your prerogative.

imo just speaking up against him is enough to confirm the opposite and the videos are months-to-years old so legally removing them is more of a sentimental victory than something that'll have an actual effect, but it's whatever. They shouldn't, but if it happens then it happens and the aforementioned gray area shifts more toward companies than the end user in the grand scheme- which is fine because it already is pretty slanted in their favor, drop in the bucket etc

They drew a butthole and balls on his dog

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lol the likes/retweets

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Count me as one of the people still really disappointed Cuphead shifted away from being a boss rush game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm probably still gonna pick it up because the art style is strong enough to carry the whole thing for me at least.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked it when it was just a boss rush thing and I don't think it needed to be more than that, but I don't mind the change that much. v:shobon:v

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Noctis to the guy that couldn't beat the cuphead tutorial: Off my chair, jester. The cuphead sits there

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Um... I think you'll find that our previous president is the proud owner of the chaos emeralds, so I'd like for this smiley to be removed from the website, thank you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Colonel posted:

obama has the chaos emeralds but when will he get the super emeralds

Unfortunately after using the lock-on cart technology to combine his first and second term, Obama did not bother to use his second term to pursue the super emeralds. The reason for this will most likely be forever lost to time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately he chose not to use a save file and has forgotten the proper cheat code to enter the level select- the cheat in question of course being entering 09 11 20 01 in the sound test. That said, he is still the owner of the chaos emeralds and surely Miles "Tails" Prower has tricked the foolish president Donald "Ivo" Trump with fake emeralds that are useless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That time of year again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Watch Koopa start a loving war

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

that's, uh, a really specific number

It's unsurprisingly the number of subscribers pewds has

Splatoon actually should not have voice chat for the same reason COD shouldn't have had it back in the day: children on voice chat

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You heard it here from twitter user @Shattered_Earth, every single person subscribed to pewdiepie is ok with dropping harsh n-bombs in video games. All of them. Every one of them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Her head seems too small???

I am pretty sure chunners just has an abnormally small head, this is a thing in like most of her appearances in games. I once noticed years ago that she could probably grip her own head like a basketball and I have never been able to un-see it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

MvCI looks like a chinese mobile game

It looks so cheap and ugly, it's a real shame

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

you know how there are games where you'll start playing and "one more turn" for literally 8 hours in a row?

Darkest Dungeon does that for me. Every single time I start a new game I can't stop until I'm literally falling asleep.

Other games in the past that have done this : Heroes of Might and Magic 2/3, Civilization 2/3/5

Darkest Dungeon is also doing that for me to the extent that I'm streaming it right now!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

psychoJ posted:

but then we wouldn't get gold like ted cruz essentially publicly saying "i'm horny"

"i was horny" actually

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

set my dick to cruz control

If he doesn't call his the Cruz Missile then I don't know what he's doing with his life

precision posted:

This is probably your most entertaining series of streams, you should blindstream more games of that nature. I highly recommend Guild of Dungeoneering, which I'm probably gonna do an LP of soon

Also name an Arbalest Dronestrike for me :haw:

Noted! I am glad you're enjoying it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Palpek posted:

No big deal just business, billboard ads are coming next

Actually you'll find that's my pal Ted's job

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Uncharted games (and The Last of Us) are truly amazing technological marvels. As video games they're also pretty great, including Uncharted 3 which despite imo being the worst one is still better than most third person shooters by a country mile.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Technically it does have stuff to do with team racing! The good guy characters have blue special fx and the bad guy characters are red! Crash Tag Team Racing lives up to its name better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I took interest in that kind of thing when I was younger for a while. Books and puzzle games that led to real world locations, some focused on perspectives or points of view and things like that. I never got into it enough to actually seek these places out and plus I was just a teen at the time, so it's not like I could hike to socal just to see the Three Converging Points of the Anchor of the Lost Isles or whathaveyou... but I had this really deep interest in puzzles and other stuff like that which turned a riddle in a book into a real world thing.

• Locked thread